Page 64 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
  1.    #1261  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    ok here's a patch to test the week number shift and week modulus fixes. It was because the list selector was returning strings instead of integers.
    One of the JSJSJS $pitfalls$. $If$ $not$ $100$% $sure$ $it$'$s$ $better$ $to$ $write$ $things$ $like$ $var$ = $1$ * $var$+$1$; $because$ $var$ = $var$ + $1$; $could$ $also$ $be$ $done$ $with$ $strings$.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Well, while trying to reproduce the issue, I just noticed it has gone, or I do not get to reproduce it anymore. Strange...
    I'll try again several times during my workday, because I'll have many more notifications to handle that on a sunday.

As far as I can remember, it happenned the first time the notification poped up, while parsing through the options provided by UC to change snooze durations.
    I used to have the wrap location field patch installed previously, but I removed it the last time I updated UC via preware, because UC did not install anymore.
    Perhaps I'll have to doctor my Pre one day, but I fear restoring all my settings will be sooooo time consuming...

The only thing I did in the meantime was beginning to translate some captions using InternalZ on the ressources file you mentioned above.
    And it works! (well, it did not work immediately, I had to try a Luna restart and then a complete device restart to bring it to work)

Many thanks to you, frantid.

I will now parse all the UC screens and notifications to translate everything I need.
    If someone is interested in it, I can post the lines to add to the file after I completed it (will take some time because I am very busy on workdays)

EDIT:
    By the way, I did not try the patch file you posted, because I begun to translate things and did not want to mix the two processes. I'll try it later, when I'll have completed the translation.
    The wrap location is included with the patch now I believe and that is why you are getting the install error.
    heeeeeeeeellllpppp
    I had this patch installed. I saw an update for it, installed it. It looked like it installed properly. Upon running Preware next ( a couple of days later), UberCal appears as not installed. So I tried to install it, and i get the error below. I ran Emer Recon Utility which reconstruct IPKG status, and I still get the error. I removed the wrap location field patch I had installed, and still get the error. I have no other calendar-related patch installed.

I really like UC, so do I doctor (I know, sounds extreme...)?

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Mon Oct 11 07:57:38 EDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar/calendar-ubercalendar.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #13 FAILED at 656.
    1 out of 17 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/formatter_service.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/datetime.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/week.css

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    30 out of 30 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    20 out of 20 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    19 out of 19 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    17 out of 17 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    24 out of 24 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/formatter_service.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 161 (offset 4 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs.$rej$
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs,
    which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/datetime.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/datetime.css.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/week.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/week.css.rej

Installation FAILED!
    1 out of 17 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar:
    calendar-ubercalendar.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    One of the JSJSJS $pitfalls$. $If$ $not$ $100$% $sure$ $it$'$s$ $better$ $to$ $write$ $things$ $like$ $var$ = $1$ * $var$+$1$; $because$ $var$ = $var$ + $1$; $could$ $also$ $be$ $done$ $with$ $strings$.
    Thanks, that's a good trick for the toolbox.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post

I really like UC, so do I doctor (I know, sounds extreme...)?
    I would try Emergency Patch Recovery before doctoring.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I would try Emergency Patch Recovery before doctoring.
    thanks frant....but that removes all patches. Yes, it's less radical than doctor.
    My failed install has 1 hunk failing. I know that patches fail if the line you are removing or altering does not match exactly what the patch asks for.
    Do I have a way to somehow see what line is failing so I can return it to it's normal text, and thus the patch work?
  7.    #1267  
    Hunk #13 FAILED at 656.
    There is still something in reminder-assistant.jsjsjs $at$ $line$ $656$. $Another$ $patch$? $Maybe$ $you$ $can$ $just$ $replace$ $this$ $file$ $and$ $try$ $again$.
    There is still something in reminder-assistant.jsjsjs $at$ $line$ $656$. $Another$ $patch$? $Maybe$ $you$ $can$ $just$ $replace$ $this$ $file$ $and$ $try$ $again$.
    the file only has 452 lines. I am using the standard editor within WINSCP. Looks a lot like notepad.
    I will replace the file from the doctor files and go from there.

Replaced file, and it installed fine...thanks both
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 10/11/2010 at 09:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    thanks frant....but that removes all patches. Yes, it's less radical than doctor.
    My failed install has 1 hunk failing. I know that patches fail if the line you are removing or altering does not match exactly what the patch asks for.
    Do I have a way to somehow see what line is failing so I can return it to it's normal text, and thus the patch work?
    Why don't you save your patch list in Preware, run EPR, luna restart, install UberCalendar, luna restart, restore saved patch list in Preware? It will automatically reinstall all your patches, skipping any that conflict with UberCalendar. Removes all the guesswork & you don't have to do anything special.
    I love Uber Calendar, it is my favorite patch!

I especially like the new "Date Picker" feature I just wish it was implemented in more places.

The primary place I wish the Date Picker was available is when you select the "date bar" (not sure what its officially called) at the top of the calendar screen... the bar that shows todays date, week #, and what calendars are visible... anyway, when I select that bar it brings up the "Jump To..." pop box. I often want to "jump to" a particular day but I dont necessarily know what the date is... I mean, I want to jump to a particular weekend or the 2nd tuesday of a month, etc.

If I could bring up the "date picker" from this "jump to" screen it would be a HUGE help and improvement to the calendar.

Is this something that you might consider adding?

PS: Thanks again for UberCalendar!

Thanks!
    Eric
  11.    #1271  
    Quote Originally Posted by edfehrman View Post
    Is this something that you might consider adding?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2699459
    I don't know if this sounds like a silly feature request, but here goes. For event repeat, we can do every x days. Would it be possible to add every x hours? The reason I'm asking is because I'm taking some meds on some wacky schedules. If the phone could remind me without having to create 8 event daily manually ... I don't know if that type of repeat is even possible with the WebOS calendar.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The wrap location is included with the patch now I believe and that is why you are getting the install error.
    Yes, I saw it in the changelog, that's why I tried to remove the other patch.
    I had the same type of problem when I installed the awesome advanced launcher patch (by sconix).
    One has to be very carefull when patches get more powerfull and integrate new features...
  14.    #1274  
    Hourly repeat was already requested some pages before
    Hourly repeat was already requested some pages before
    Sorry, the thread has gotten so long I don't always remember what happened a few days ago. Of course, thread length might have nothing to do with it - most days I can't remember what I had for breakfast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Not sure what to do with mine. I get install errors every time I try to put UC on my Pre. Here's the kicker - I had some calendar patches on when I updated to 1.4.5. After the update, ALL of my patches "disappeared" from Preware. They still worked and were doing what they had been doing, but they were no longer listed and I have no way to delete them. They also did not appear on WebOSInstall. Now what do I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by bstryd View Post
    Not sure what to do with mine. I get install errors every time I try to put UC on my Pre. Here's the kicker - I had some calendar patches on when I updated to 1.4.5. After the update, ALL of my patches "disappeared" from Preware. They still worked and were doing what they had been doing, but they were no longer listed and I have no way to delete them. They also did not appear on WebOSInstall. Now what do I do?
    Run EPR and install Ubercalendar as the first patch after running EPR
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Run EPR and install Ubercalendar as the first patch after running EPR
    Yea - my memory is that I could not get the EPR button to be available. After the scan of my Pre, WebOSInstall gave an error message of some sort and then went right back to an install screen. Never got a chance to run EPR. Guess I will try again....but it's pretty weird.
    Yea - my memory is that I could not get the EPR button to be available. After the scan of my Pre, WebOSInstall gave an error message of some sort and then went right back to an install screen. Never got a chance to run EPR. Guess I will try again....but it's pretty weird.
    I think you have to run EPR from preware not quick install - at least that's how it's worked for me.
    This happened to me after the dreaded "logged out of profile" issue (see other threads for this)--preware didn't show that patches were installed, but they were functioning. My fix was to do EPR, then go into the saved package list in preware and install all of them. The ones that are already installed will give you a message "interesting, the patch already seems to be installed..." or something to that effect, then moves onto the next.

I also recommend to use save/restore, in case the saved package list also gets blown away--you can get it back, as well as data/settings for other patches/applications.

Thanks...