Page 63 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    First off, thanks for UberCalendar, it's awesome. Second off, sorry if this is already mentioned - I did try searching the thread...

I've been trying to make the week number shift function work for my academic term, but it doesn't do what I expect it to.

Example: Take the first week in January, Week 1. I set "wk-no shift" to 1, and restart the calendar, expecting to see Week 2. Instead I see Week 11.
    The first few weeks of the year now appear as weeks: 11, 21, 31, 41, 51, 09, 19, 29, 39, 49, 59... all the way to Week 469 at the end of December.

If I set "wk-no shift" to 2, it then goes:
    Week 12, 22, 32, 42, 52, 10, 20, 30, 40..... 470.

If I set to 3, it goes:
    Week 13, 23, 33, 43, 01, 11, 21....471

This is a GSM pre in the UK, WebOS 1.4.5. Let me know if I can provide any useful info!
    Thanks for the detailed info, I think I know where the problem is. I'll get it fixed.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I am experiencing the same issue. Additionnaly, when tapping the '-' button repeatedly, cycling through the entire list of proposed snooze durations, at some point (randomly?) the +/- and yellow snooze button just disapear, rejecting the alarm.
    I hope this will help.
    How fast is your repeat reminders set? If a repeat reminder goes off, it needs to close the alert and reopen it to make the sound.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    edit: patch removed. included in later version.

ok here's a patch to test the week number shift and week modulus fixes. It was because the list selector was returning strings instead of integers.

You do not need to update, if you are not having problems. When things are confirmed fixed, the feed will need to be updated and you can update then.

For those having issues with the snooze button, you can test this version. I did not find the reason, but I did some general cleanup. Hopefully, that will help.

You must uninstall the current patch and restart luna. Then install the new one and restart luna. You must do the restart luna's or you may have issues.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/14/2010 at 04:17 PM.

Any plan for localization in other languages?
    Ubercalendar is such a must-have patch, I would like to see the various notifications in my native language, particularly:
    - snooze button name
    - proposed snooze durations
    - week-symbol before week-number in day-view header
    (and setting options)

I am personnaly ready to contribute for french and german translations.
    You need to modify the strings.json file in the folder
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/de_de/
    --- for german. You would add lines in like so, add it before the last line:

Code:
    "Snooze" : "translation",
    replacing "translation" with what ever word you want. They are case sensitive and need an exact match. You can add these in for what you want translated, it should work for the UC prefs and snooze button. You can do it in Internalz, just make sure you have the "Newline format" preference set to Linux.

Unfortunately, putting it in UC is not possible because the patch will fail for those that do not have that specific language on the Pre.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Just discovering this patch. Great patch. I searched this thread and found nothing on this subject. Is there the ability in this patch or any other patch, to lengthen the vibration for calendar alerts? Right now, it is so short that I miss it. I know I can repeat alerts but that just means I miss it that many more times. Would love to have it vibrate for a second and maybe two vibrates a second apart (so I can tell it apart from the email or text message alerts that are single vibrates).

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post

Unfortunately, putting it in UC is not possible because the patch will fail for those that do not have that specific language on the Pre.
    You might want to contact sconix (developer of advanced system & launcher patches, Mode Switcher, etc), he seems to have found a way to make an international patch where one version works on many language profiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    Just discovering this patch. Great patch. I searched this thread and found nothing on this subject. Is there the ability in this patch or any other patch, to lengthen the vibration for calendar alerts? Right now, it is so short that I miss it. I know I can repeat alerts but that just means I miss it that many more times. Would love to have it vibrate for a second and maybe two vibrates a second apart (so I can tell it apart from the email or text message alerts that are single vibrates).

Thanks.
    What about if you select or create a longer alert sound? I took part of the song do you remember to make a calendar alert and it just right for me.
    @govotos - MetaView has done this all along. Translations can not be done in the same way. If a phrase is not defined, it has to be added to the json file. We try to use standard terms, but all of them are not included. There is another way but it takes a lot of process time, not something you want in an alert.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    ok here's a patch to test the week number shift and week modulus fixes. It was because the list selector was returning strings instead of integers.
    Wow, that was fast. I'm happy to test, but would it be possible for you to package it as a .ipk, to make it easy to install through Preware? :-)

If not, fair enough, I'll hope that somebody else will be kind enough to test it!
    Wow, that was fast. I'm happy to test, but would it be possible for you to package it as a .ipk, to make it easy to install through Preware? :-)

If not, fair enough, I'll hope that somebody else will be kind enough to test it!
    I don't know the process by which the Preware server creates the ipk. It is easy to do a local patch. Just uninstall the current one in Preware. Use the email attachment link to send it to your Pre/Pixi, then Internalz should open it and give you a chance to install it.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    How fast is your repeat reminders set? If a repeat reminder goes off, it needs to close the alert and reopen it to make the sound.
    Here are my settings (on french v1.4.5 WebOS):

Ahha, please help !

Tried to update in preware and it seems to have removed the patch, rather than update and when I try and re-install it fails with an ipk error. I rely on this patch all the time. For me it is the most important and best one.

How do I get the .ipk to do the Internalz method ? Hints on how to do that would also be welcome, only ever used QuickIntsall and Preware.

I've got to get this back on !

Thanks for any/all help.
    Is anyone else having an issue with if you have a repeating event, and you make a change, that the "pop-up" asking if you want this change to affect "all occurrences of the event" or "only this occurrence of the event" doesn't always "pop-up"? I made a change last night to a repeating event and didn't get the "pop-up", however I made a change to another repeating event today and I did get the "pop-up".
    @rege0039 - do you have the location wrap or alternate snooze patch installed? Please remove and retry. You might have to remove other calendar patches as well.
    Here are my settings (on french v1.4.5 WebOS):
    Can you tell me how it happens? Is it on the first time the alert appears - have you snoozed it before, that you get the error? Is it right away or does the alert stay open before you notice it? What value are you trying to snooze - is it always the same or is it 5 mins, etc?

Thanks.

edit: do you have any other calendar or snooze patches installed?

I have set my Pre up the same as yours, but I do not get the error. My French is horrible, I remember very little of it.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/10/2010 at 04:54 PM.
    @rege0039 - do you have the location wrap or alternate snooze patch installed? Please remove and retry. You might have to remove other calendar patches as well.
    That did it. Not sure why I didn't think of that, but many thanks for the help and for replying so quickly. A working day without this patch would have been very difficult.

Many thanks again
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Can you tell me how it happens? Is it on the first time the alert appears - have you snoozed it before, that you get the error? Is it right away or does the alert stay open before you notice it? What value are you trying to snooze - is it always the same or is it 5 mins, etc?

Thanks.

edit: do you have any other calendar or snooze patches installed?

I have set my Pre up the same as yours, but I do not get the error. My French is horrible, I remember very little of it.
    Well, while trying to reproduce the issue, I just noticed it has gone, or I do not get to reproduce it anymore. Strange...
    I'll try again several times during my workday, because I'll have many more notifications to handle that on a sunday.

As far as I can remember, it happenned the first time the notification poped up, while parsing through the options provided by UC to change snooze durations.
    I used to have the wrap location field patch installed previously, but I removed it the last time I updated UC via preware, because UC did not install anymore.
    Perhaps I'll have to doctor my Pre one day, but I fear restoring all my settings will be sooooo time consuming...

The only thing I did in the meantime was beginning to translate some captions using InternalZ on the ressources file you mentioned above.
    And it works! (well, it did not work immediately, I had to try a Luna restart and then a complete device restart to bring it to work)

Many thanks to you, frantid.

I will now parse all the UC screens and notifications to translate everything I need.
    If someone is interested in it, I can post the lines to add to the file after I completed it (will take some time because I am very busy on workdays)

EDIT:
    By the way, I did not try the patch file you posted, because I begun to translate things and did not want to mix the two processes. I'll try it later, when I'll have completed the translation.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I don't know the process by which the Preware server creates the ipk. It is easy to do a local patch. Just uninstall the current one in Preware. Use the email attachment link to send it to your Pre/Pixi, then Internalz should open it and give you a chance to install it.

Excellent :-) That fixed the week numbering - thank you.
    One more comment: It would be good to have the option to shift the week number by a negative amount.

At present this can mostly be achieved by using a positive value of (52-$desired value), but for some reason this only works in day and week view. As an example - I now have the week shift set to "16". Day and week view both report this week (Starting 11th October) as Week 5, which is as desired, but the month view shows October as Weeks 55-59.

Not a big problem for me, but just thought I'd mention it!
    Excellent :-) That fixed the week numbering - thank you.
    One more comment: It would be good to have the option to shift the week number by a negative amount.

At present this can mostly be achieved by using a positive value of (52-$desired value), but for some reason this only works in day and week view. As an example - I now have the week shift set to "16". Day and week view both report this week (Starting 11th October) as Week 5, which is as desired, but the month view shows October as Weeks 55-59.

Not a big problem for me, but just thought I'd mention it!
    Thanks for testing and reporting back. I found my error, the file has been updated in the post.

EDIT:
    By the way, I did not try the patch file you posted, because I begun to translate things and did not want to mix the two processes. I'll try it later, when I'll have completed the translation.
    No problem. Please let me know if you find a pattern or a way to reproduce the error.

You might want to save a copy of your translations, the next time there's a webOS update it might replace the file you modified.

Thanks for reporting back.