Page 61 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu View Post
    why won't this install with the advanced system prefs patch
    it did install for me -- i had to remove alternate snooze behavior patch -- add 1 min interval and a few other calendar patches -- not sure which was the issue but it did install
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Tip for those w trouble installing .75:

Look for any patches that touch the calendar.

As an example, I had Snooze Alt Behavior Patch installed with .72 and all worked fine. Version .75 cannot coexist w this patch now. (not needed any more either!)
    I also wanted to say thanks for the update. It seems to have a positive effect on the performance (speed) of the calendar. It has sped up quite noticeably. Very happy about that!
    nice patch
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    My stupid questions:
    1) What is stop to close?
    2) What is Wk-NO shift?
    3) What is Wk-NO Mod?
    4) Does reminder dashboard means: an event remains in the notifications area until dismissed?
    5) Snoozed for banner: what does that mean?
    6) Snooze: Under it time can start up to 30 minutes before start, what does that means? Lets say I have a default alarm set for 2 hour before the event, will I be able to snooze it or not?
    1. Normally WebOS will "auto close" a calendar alert if the event is over. Turn this on if you want to see what you missed.

4. If you don't want to see the dashboard icon after you snooze an alarm, turn it off. If you turn on blink led for alerts, you will have to have the dashboard.

5. same as 4, but it's the "snoozed for x minutes" banner message when you snooze an alert.

6. push the +/- button to chooze a different snooze. It should start at your default snooze set in preferences, then you can change it at the alert screen by pushing +/-
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @liketreo - try the new version out now. It has the options you want, but the snooze time picker is different. Also if you set the center led to blink you will still see the dashboard icon. It's needed to activate the led.
    I did try it and the capabilities in the latest calendar snooze duration patch are all there!! As you say, the snooze picker is different, and hasn't quite been 100% reliable for me--when I + / - to get to the duration I want, sometimes hitting snooze doesn't do anything. But if I just swipe it away, it comes back quickly and I can try again so it hasn't been a big deal.

Otherwise...its great!
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I did try it and the capabilities in the latest calendar snooze duration patch are all there!! As you say, the snooze picker is different, and hasn't quite been 100% reliable for me--when I + / - to get to the duration I want, sometimes hitting snooze doesn't do anything. But if I just swipe it away, it comes back quickly and I can try again so it hasn't been a big deal.

Otherwise...its great!
    Do you have reminders set really fast like less than 1 minute. The only time I've seen this is when the reminders are trying to go off and I'm playing with the + / - buttons.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Do you have reminders set really fast like less than 1 minute. The only time I've seen this is when the reminders are trying to go off and I'm playing with the + / - buttons.
    No I usually set my default snooze to 5 minutes before the meeting start. I'll keep playing and see if I still experience this.

Another question per your answer to #1 a few posts above--what happens if you snooze past the end of the event (with either stop to close setting)? Sometimes I just want to use an event as a reminder (would rather be able to use a task to do this...) and I keep snoozing until I get a chance to do it, so, for certain events, I might want to snooze the reminder out past the end of the event...

Thanks...
    No I usually set my default snooze to 5 minutes before the meeting start. I'll keep playing and see if I still experience this.

Another question per your answer to #1 a few posts above--what happens if you snooze past the end of the event (with either stop to close setting)? Sometimes I just want to use an event as a reminder (would rather be able to use a task to do this...) and I keep snoozing until I get a chance to do it, so, for certain events, I might want to snooze the reminder out past the end of the event...

Thanks...
    You would want to turn "stop auto close" to on otherwise webOS will close the alarm.

I was asking earlier about the repeat reminder settings. I have mine set for 30 secs for 5 times. If I don't act it will replay the sound every 30 secs - short alarm sound. If I take too long to choose the snooze duration, more than 30 secs - it will not accept the snooze button, because the repeat notification takes over. Only happens when I am testing though. Normally I can pick and snooze in 10 secs or less.

1. Normally WebOS will "auto close" a calendar alert if the event is over. Turn this on if you want to see what you missed.

4. If you don't want to see the dashboard icon after you snooze an alarm, turn it off. If you turn on blink led for alerts, you will have to have the dashboard.

5. same as 4, but it's the "snoozed for x minutes" banner message when you snooze an alert.

6. push the +/- button to chooze a different snooze. It should start at your default snooze set in preferences, then you can change it at the alert screen by pushing +/-
    I hope you put this on the first post
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    no i usually set my default snooze to 5 minutes before the meeting start. I'll keep playing and see if i still experience this.

Another question per your answer to #1 a few posts above--what happens if you snooze past the end of the event (with either stop to close setting)? Sometimes i just want to use an event as a reminder (would rather be able to use a task to do this...) and i keep snoozing until i get a chance to do it, so, for certain events, i might want to snooze the reminder out past the end of the event...

Thanks...
    floating appointment!!!!
    Just updated Ubercalendar through Preware (version 1.4.5-75). I notice now that none of my icons are showing up on the month view. Any idea what the difficulty might be? This is an important feature for my use...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Great patch, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Just updated Ubercalendar through Preware (version 1.4.5-75). I notice now that none of my icons are showing up on the month view. Any idea what the difficulty might be? This is an important feature for my use...
    Check in the preferences if you have month views enhanced on.

You would want to turn "stop auto close" to on otherwise webOS will close the alarm.
    Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid
    I was asking earlier about the repeat reminder settings. I have mine set for 30 secs for 5 times. If I don't act it will replay the sound every 30 secs - short alarm sound. If I take too long to choose the snooze duration, more than 30 secs - it will not accept the snooze button, because the repeat notification takes over. Only happens when I am testing though. Normally I can pick and snooze in 10 secs or less.
    I have mine set for 5 minutes, 1 time. So it doesn't sound like this was it...
    I have mine set for 5 minutes, 1 time. So it doesn't sound like this was it...
    Ok, see if you can find a pattern or some way I can reproduce it. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jhdempse View Post
    floating appointment!!!!
    You could use liketreo's method - just snooze it for 1 day.

edit: I know it's not the same - might work until something else gets worked out.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I attempted to update using Preware and WOSQUI, but still fails. Here is a copy of the failed log file. any suggestions to complete the installation would be welcomed......Borsheck

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 56100 100 56100 0 0 80608 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 209k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 19 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    try removing any other calendar patches first - last couple of pages have examples of conflicting patches.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi,

You are going to hate me for this. Anyway, I was using the calendar to set up a Custom repeat appt and wanted to pick a date to decide the end date of the repeating appt.

And there , I wished I had the date picker patch.

So, if it does not complicate the patch too much, could the UberCalendar patch be modified to have the date picker option when choosing the end date for Custom repeating appts?

Thanks,
    veerar.