webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
Like Tree54Likes

Old 05/19/2010, 03:34 AM   #101 (permalink)

I would prefer to load the icons from the USB drive: scrims/ubercalendar/icon-name.png
Everything else makes it really complicated. Also that's the reason for a fixed amount of categories: I can't iterate the folder but only assign fixed category names and icons. Also I don't think I will be able to display the icons in month view. We will probably need some external app like Agenda + icons for the month view.
MetaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2010, 03:34 AM   #102 (permalink)

Stupid double posts... Well I added "add'l reminder times", the "new events and shortcuts" patch and the "edit event as new" patch into UberCalendar. Need to create the patch file tonight. Also moved the additional gfx to USB:scrims/ubercalendar/ to allow this patch to show up in the official feed.
Add'l reminder times has up to 52weeks for allday events.
Old 05/19/2010, 11:04 AM   #103 (permalink)

Cant wait for the final release of this patch. I'll install then. it seems like its still being developed. ThANKS MetaView!
Jason Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2010, 11:38 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
Also moved the additional gfx to USB:scrims/ubercalendar/ to allow this patch to show up in the official feed.
:-)
tobias funke_mndd_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2010, 08:20 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
I believe you need to have the "Agenda" application installed, and that button simply launches it.
Where can I get this "Agenda" app?
SuprHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2010, 11:40 PM   #106 (permalink)

From Preware. It's an homebrew app.
Old 05/19/2010, 11:50 PM   #107 (permalink)

Yeah, i figured it out. sorry for the inconvenience. And great job w/ the patch.

Last edited by SuprHero; 05/20/2010 at 11:31 PM.
SuprHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/20/2010, 03:47 PM   #108 (permalink)

New patch file in first post.
Thanked By: damnregister
Old 05/20/2010, 05:19 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
New patch file in first post.
Im still wondering why this isnt in Preware already...
Old 05/20/2010, 05:49 PM   #110 (permalink)

yup, doesn't show up in Preware yet
palmdoc#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/20/2010, 06:00 PM   #111 (permalink)

just because the first version stucks in approval process, I can't even submit an update.
Old 05/20/2010, 06:55 PM   #112 (permalink)

I look forward to it in Preware. I wonder what's the holdup?
palmdoc#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/20/2010, 11:17 PM   #113 (permalink)

The previous version was not only the text patch but I also asked about the icons to be transfered into the app directory. I didn't know how to do it and I guess it wasn't maybe that easy to create and approve. I'm now in contact with rwhitby and sure it will appear soon. Until then, could someone test the file in the first post?
Old 05/21/2010, 06:38 AM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
The previous version was not only the text patch but I also asked about the icons to be transfered into the app directory. I didn't know how to do it and I guess it wasn't maybe that easy to create and approve. I'm now in contact with rwhitby and sure it will appear soon. Until then, could someone test the file in the first post?
It works flawlessly. I tried it and i love it. It doesnt slow down the calender like someone stated in this thread. You other patch "Create Birthday Events" actually didnt make my calender slow though ..But its all good now. Thanks for the patch!..Its really helpfully.
Old 05/21/2010, 07:49 AM   #115 (permalink)

Thank you nice patch
Goingbended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/21/2010, 10:50 PM   #116 (permalink)

Ok... can u help please? i uninstalled the patch I had on to update to the one posted on 5/20. I am unable to get it to install. I ran EPR to eliminate conflicts and this is the error log I received. Can you help me to get this installed please? Great work!!!

I was able to put the older file back on no problem fyi

PATCH INSTALLATION Fri May 21 23:38:48 EDT 2010
------------------------------------------------------
Contains text patch
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.ubercalendar/ubercalendar.patch

----------------------------------
Dry run patch attempt...
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.js
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.js
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.js
Hunk #3 FAILED at 451.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 473.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 719 (offset 19 lines).
2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.js
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.js
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.js
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.js
Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.js
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
16 out of 16 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.js
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.js
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
13 out of 13 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.js
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.js.rej
The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.js,
which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css.rej

Installation FAILED!
2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.js.rej
ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.ubercalendar
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.ubercalendar:
package_list
ubercalendar.patch
*** FAILED ***
jpizzadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/22/2010, 12:45 AM   #117 (permalink)

there is a conflict in edit-assistant.js
still another patch installed? Copy a fresh edit-assistant.js file into the calendar folder.
Old 05/22/2010, 01:05 AM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
there is a conflict in edit-assistant.js
still another patch installed? Copy a fresh edit-assistant.js file into the calendar folder.
not sure how after the EPR. That should have cleared all the patches off. Maybe the theme I have is conflicting... Will try to remove the theme before adding a file.

where can I get the file just in case?
jpizzadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/22/2010, 01:42 AM   #119 (permalink)

Never tried EPR, but the file is in the doctor image. Open it with 7z and then find the fw.tar or something. Don't know yet.
Old 05/22/2010, 11:29 AM   #120 (permalink)

First: thats a wonderful patch

I use the latest version of the patch (2010-05-22). But all icons are gone. I cannot see longer the alarm and agenda icon, and there is no new icon, too.

What I did:
unistalled previous version using webos quick install.
copied original files to folders
reset

Then:
copied icon files to the mentioned folder, /scrims/ubercalendar/
then I applied the patch

Result: see above, no icons

Any help? Thanks

Andreas

Last edited by boehma55; 05/22/2010 at 12:18 PM.
boehma55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calendar, calendar app, events

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0