Page 59 of 207 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    I thought as much. Thanks for confirming my suspicion, and being patient with a newbie.

I just futzed around with Internalz trying to find the right path. It took a while, but eventually I got it. Then I puzzled over how to delete the file, but eventually found "swipe to delete" in Internalz preferences and turned it on. I tried to swipe it away. Nothing.

Then I turned on Master Mode and swiped: voila, week.jsjsjs was gone.

I then went back to Preware installed Ubercalendar without incident.

It works like a charm now.

So thanks frantid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    It works like a charm now.
    No problem, glad you got it working. Welcome to Precentral - hope you're enjoying your phone.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    Hi,

great patch.

If only I could display only working week (Mon-Fri) instead of full seven days. The screen is rather small and that would make week view much more readable.

Thanks

Kreso
    Well, I am finally getting around to posting some of my further enhancement requests. And this is one of them. HOWEVER, I would like to go one step further and ask for a preference for how many days to display in the week view!!

Still have the 7-day view (with the first day being a preference) as current
    Make this new 5-day view that is a week day view with Monday as the first column
    Add a parameter from 2-7 with the first column being today and then the week view shows that many days!!

Thanks once again for this awesome patch!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Here's another one of my requests:

Now that you have fixed my datepicker pet peeve, how about fixing this pet peeve?

In DateBk6 you could go to a screen to deselect all categories of appointments, select just those you wanted displayed and then go back to the calendar. When finished, a swipe and a 6 returned you to the selection screen and after pressing "Show All" and a return then showed everything again.

In webOS, you can show ALL calendars or ONE calendar OR, with a few menu items deeper, declare which calendars to display in the ALL view. Since my needs are a bit dynamic, is there any way you can enhance which calendars to display without going so deep in the menus?

(Yes, this could be just me!! After all, Palm created the PDA revolution where the P is for PERSONAL. But I would be interested if anyone else has this need).

Did I mention this is an awesome patch???

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    And here is yet another one of my requests (yes rooted in DateBk6!!):

I would like a "floating appointment". I used to place a "to do" on my calendar on the date that I was supposed to do that activity (make a phone call, buy more water softener salt, etc.) and make it a "floating appointment". If I did NOT do that activity that day (either by checking off the item OR modifying the item to a regular appointment OR just deleting the item OR moving it forward 3 months (thanks for the datepicker by the way) it would automatically move to the next day around 1AM in the morning!! And continue to be "floated" until acted upon...

Is this possible?

THANK YOU

(And actually DateBk6 could be set up to do the following: Set a "to do" floating appointment for the 1st of every month. The Nov 1st "appointment" would float until I checked it off, on say the 3rd, but the Dec 1st and the Jan 1st etc. would stay on those dates until they started floating... But I don't want to be TOO demanding just a floating appoint would be great!!! I can then get back to my to do's integrated in my calendar...)

Thanks yet again!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I haven't seen ICONS mentioned for a while. Are you still planning on working on an icon picker?

In my DateBk6 days, I did use all 30 categories. Yes I am nuts (I am told everyday!!) but I managed my work and personal calendar, my wife's two calendars, my kids (this was back when we drove them every where) and others. (See my above post concerning my dynamic need to quickly and easily modify what was displayed.) I had a different icon and color combination for each category and it was easy to see who was where in all views.

But now, every one in my family manages their own calendar (they all have a Pre and I don't have any where near 30 thank goodness) and each one has it's color. So I can tell who is where by color of event.

So now icons are useful to me to "highlight" certain appoints OF MINE, and only certain ones not everything.

Metaview, your default list of 8 are great, but I would be interested in changing a couple, maybe even having 10 or 12. If I change the image associated to the "doctor" icon to say a Christmas tree, I would have to remember to type "doctor" to get my tree icon. (Sorry, I am going to plug another must have app [beside all of yours of course!!] and that is AutoCorrectEdit. I create a "short cut" of the letter i and an equal sign and a b and "correct" that combo to ICON=birthday; --- so i type i=b and press space and it "corrects" to ICON=birthday; It is great for the current icon scheme but a picker would be even better!!

Also, I remember a post about hiding the Note text of ICON=birthday; at least on the phone...

So do you have any plans for icons (picker, hiding the note, anything else)?

Thanks again for a wonderful patch. As I have said previously, I would fight for the honor to be your first customer if this ever became a paid app!!! And actually ALL of your webOS apps are fantastic!!! (Everyone. Go to the App Catalog and type metaview and press search - 21 at current count!!! and they are all nice apps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhdempse View Post
    I have said previously, I would fight for the honor to be your first customer if this ever became a paid app!!!
    No need to fight or wait. MetaView has said if you want to support him and show your appreciation, you can easily do that by buying UberRadio in the catalog. I hope everyone agrees UberCalendar is worth a couple bucks.
    Just installed this patch. Thank you! it is awesome.

Did have one question regarding alternate snooze times (a capability which is an absolute must to have vs the web-os default). There was some discussion in this thread (post 1009) that the latest version of calendar snooze duration selection was in test in ubercalendar? I had been using this up until ubercalendar installation, and there are a couple features on the latest version that are quite nice--
    the first is that the display and ability to select the snooze time is more clear in the latest version of calendar snooze duration selection.
    the second is that there is the ability to select whether you see the notification banner right after the reminder is snoozed (turn it on or off), and you can also select whether or not the notification stays on the tray after the reminder is snoozed.

Any plans to update the version in ubercalendar?

Thanks...
  9.    #1169  
    Patch Approved at the WebOS-Patches Web Portal!

Thank you for submitting an update to the patch entitled Calendar: UberCalendar.

This email is to inform you the patch has been approved!

You should see it in the WebOS-Patches Feed in Preware (and other installers) within the next 15 minutes.
    Could one test it?

About all the new feature requests: I don't know what we can archive in the near future. One which we might try soon is the only-workday-view in week-view. About floating events, I don't know if it's possible or not. Also we need to check soon how and if the calendar is changed in 2.0. And how we could still provide the enhanced features with the new webos update.

Thx.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    metaview is there any way to create an event that repeats hourly?
  11.    #1171  
    Hourly should be possible, at least it is a valid rrule. I need to test it and then the UI must be enhanced.
    That would be a cool feature. Thanks!
    @liketreo - try the new version out now. It has the options you want, but the snooze time picker is different. Also if you set the center led to blink you will still see the dashboard icon. It's needed to activate the led.

@all - remember the new version has all the settings in preferences. You will not see the enhanced view menu options anymore.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/07/2010 at 03:39 AM.
    preware patch was updated again today is there any difference from patch on post 1?
  15.    #1175  
    No, at least I submitted the same version as in post 1.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    No need to fight or wait. MetaView has said if you want to support him and show your appreciation, you can easily do that by buying UberRadio in the catalog. I hope everyone agrees UberCalendar is worth a couple bucks.
    Hi govotsos--

Already have!!! And a couple of others as well and installed most of his others too!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post

About all the new feature requests: I don't know what we can archive in the near future. One which we might try soon is the only-workday-view in week-view. About floating events, I don't know if it's possible or not. Also we need to check soon how and if the calendar is changed in 2.0. And how we could still provide the enhanced features with the new webos update.

Thx.
    Thanks for at least considering!! You are right. We are very close to webOS 2.0 (I hope!!!). Let's hope HP adds a number of your enhancements to 2.0 Calendar!! But that might put you out of business!! (No, no way)
  18.    #1178  
    As frantid did most of the last big enhancements, it's probably him who don't know what to do in the long dark winter nights
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Just EPR'd my phone yesterday and reinstalled all my patches. Phone seemed faster after than.

Ran Preware this morning to check for updates and saw UberCalendar 1.4.5-75 as available (I have 1.4.5-72 installed).

Tried to update, but failed with the following log. Any ideas on what to do to fix?

remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    removed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    22 56100 22 12578 0 0 5139 0 0:00:10 0:00:02 0:00:08 24049
    100 56100 100 56100 0 0 16364 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 37325
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    New Ubercalendar user this week!! Bought UberRadio as well as a sign of appreciation for the patch effort. Seems like a low price so I'll add MetaVeiw to I'll drop a donation as well in a couple of days.