Page 53 of 207 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    I've been watching UC development out of the corner of my eye, but when I saw the implementation of the calendar picker I nearly wept. So, first I want to thank MetaView, Frantid, and everyone else involved.

I recall there was some discussion about the "copy event" recently, and I'd like to add my vote for putting the original date and time into the new event. As someone else pointed out, there's a good chance that the new event is going to occur at the same time of day. There's also a good chance that it's going to occur on the same day of the week, which would be easier to see on the date picker if the new event had the date/time of the original event. But it's probably never going to occur at the current date and time, so why use that?

Anyway, thanks again for the great enhancements! These functions have been sorely missed since saying goodbye to DateBk on my Palm TX.

Regards,
    Tom
    The problem is that the number used by webos to track events is comprised in part by the start date, time & the end date, time. So using the exact day & time could cause the system to get confused, if you have two identical id numbers. The original event is copied in every parameter, but the recurrent schedule. Using the same exact times could cause trouble. I have not looked at how the system creates the other part of the id, so I'm not sure. Perhaps the same day would work better?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    The problem is that the number used by webos to track events is comprised in part by the start date, time & the end date, time. So using the exact day & time could cause the system to get confused...
    Ah, that's too bad. (Does this mean I should avoid making a copy of an event at that event's start time?)

If what you're saying is true, your current solution is probably best.

Thanks!

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Ah, that's too bad. (Does this mean I should avoid making a copy of an event at that event's start time?)

If what you're saying is true, your current solution is probably best.

Thanks!

Tom
    I could put some logic into it, if the event occurs in the past - move the copied event forward 1 week at old event time. If it's in the future just do current day current time. I don't do that much copying, so I'm open to suggestions.

I want to believe Palm put some checks in, but the old PalmOS was never good at duplicate events -- so I don't want to mess with other's calendars.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    Thanks StoneRyno. The bug is for all the date.
    Trying and trying again, I have a part of solution : On the palm prprpr, $it$'$s$ $OK$ $if$ $the$ $event$ $is$ $enter$ $as$ $a$ &$quot$;$all$ $day$ $event$&$quot$; $in$ $the$ $menu$ $upper$ $left$ ($or$ $by$ $taping$ $the$ $down$ $right$ $icon$ $on$ $uber$ $calendar$).
    In fact, I used to create a new event by taping the screen somewhere in the calendar and then I checked "all day even" and one year recurrence. Whith this last method, there is one day more on the palm than in google agenda. It's necessary to pass by the menu upper left.
    But I have the same problem on the palm if I use first google agenda to create the all day one year recurrent event.
    I've found where was the problem. .
    It was due to a wrong time zone in the google calendar settings. In the general settings, the current time zone was correct but there is also a calendar setting for each calendar and the one with all birthday dates had a wrong time zone.
    Thanks for your help especially to MetaView and StoneRyno, I hope this thread will help somebody.
  5.    #1045  
    Oh, good to know, I remember seeing complains quite often about it.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hi MetaView--

I discovered UberCalebdar about 4 weeks ago and I must say, let me jump on the band wagon and congratulate you on your AWESOME WORK on this patch!! (I am finally getting around to sending this to you!!). You are very responsive and open to suggestions.

I have purchased UberRadio, and I must say I am glad I did!! When I first saw it in the catalog, I was impressed but didn't think I would use it much. But very nice!!

Let me repeat, AWESOME PATCH!! I would fight for the honor to be your first customer for this patch if it ever became a paid app!! But I suspect I would have a big fight on my hands.

A few pages back, I second'ed (or maybe third'ed) the delete icon on the event details page. You responded that the delete swipe had been added. I must have missed that because I thought you were not going to add it because it conflicts with swiping to a new day. But it works. It is a little difficult though to tap and hold just the amount of time to then delete with a swipe. So I am very glad to see the orange-tap delete!!! I do agree with frantid about switching the meta-tap to delete and the orange-tap to copy!!

My thanks again to you and frantid (and everyone else!! I know there are others...) for a fantastic patch...

I am going to create a few new posts for some ideas I have (one idea to a post for threading purposes)

Thanks again...
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    I've got a Pixi from Palm for developing, will test this stuff with the blue circle.
    Any progress on this blue circle problem. I've played around with it a little to amplify the problem. My suspicions were correct with one caveat. It relly all depends on how spaced apart the appts are in any given day, which adds little squares in the day in month view. It's kinda weird. This must have something to do with display size vs the pre.
  8.    #1048  
    No progress yet, but you're right the sizes of the day rectangles increase on Pixi when adding more events. But I don't know yet why.
    Re: copying an event. I just noticed that the copy of an event does not maintain the reminder information. I understand and agree with not including Repeat info, but could all the other info be copied into the new event (including location and anything else)?

Secondly, an idea for a new feature: Now that copying is available, would it be possible to implement Event Templates, loosely analogous to the DateBk implementation? By selecting the Template option in the menu, the user is taken to a specific date way in the future (i.e. 1/1/2020) where they have entered all their Template Events. Select one and copy it, using the current technique. When selected for copying, the way-in-the-future date is replaced with today's date, but the time of day (and all other info) is preserved.

Regards,
    Tom
    @TomJ - unfortunately, when you're not inside the edit events scene you only have access to certain pieces of information. Also the reminder is a service request and not just a number, which makes it difficult to copy. Copy Event as new on the edit event scene menu probably fits your needs better. The copy from day & week views is a kind of a "lite" version. Location should be copied though.

Interesting idea on the template. Not sure how to do it at the moment.

frantid
    I love how all day events color the date in on the calendar but with more than 1 all day event the block gets colored grey (assuming a mix of more than 1 color) if i select 1 particular calendar from my list, the colors of the others don't go away like the stock palm calendar app, is there a way to do this with ubercalendar? Basically want to isolate the particular calendar colors in month view when that calendar is selected, instead of seeing all the colors all the time.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I love how all day events color the date in on the calendar but with more than 1 all day event the block gets colored grey (assuming a mix of more than 1 color) if i select 1 particular calendar from my list, the colors of the others don't go away like the stock palm calendar app, is there a way to do this with ubercalendar? Basically want to isolate the particular calendar colors in month view when that calendar is selected, instead of seeing all the colors all the time.....
    You must have an old version, this works on mine. The other all day colors should go away.

I uninstalled missing this feature, thanx I will reinstall now....
    I still wish somehow google weather was not an all day event.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Just discovered this patch today... WOW!!!! Thank you!!! Awesome work.Just bought your UberRadio app to show my support!!!
    treo600 - 650 - 755p - Palm Pre!!!!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I still wish somehow google weather was not an all day event.
    +1
    treo600 - 650 - 755p - Palm Pre!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @TomJ - unfortunately, when you're not inside the edit events scene you only have access to certain pieces of information. Also the reminder is a service request and not just a number, which makes it difficult to copy. Copy Event as new on the edit event scene menu probably fits your needs better. The copy from day & week views is a kind of a "lite" version. Location should be copied though.
    Thanks for the explanation! Yes, the menu version does what I want -- I didn't realize that there was any difference, so thanks for pointing that out.

Regards,
    Tom
  18.    #1058  
    Thx
  19.    #1059  
    Patch updated on first post. Please give it a try.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Patch updated on first post. Please give it a try.
    does this fix the blue circle problem on pixi?