webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
Like Tree53Likes

Old 09/18/2010, 12:33 PM   #1001 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
Ok I have narrowed it down even more. I can click and edit my exchange calendar events with no problem.

When I try to edit an existing google calendar event I get the long pause and then can't select a date.

I can add new events on google calendar and I can edit the new events I added. The problem seems to be editing existing repeating events on google calendar.
Interesting, did the repeating event originate in google or was it created on the pre? Almost like it is marked read only.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2010, 12:50 PM   #1002 (permalink)

The events originted via google calendar. I just went and recreated all the events on the emulator and it appears all problems were solved. I can open and edit events in the calendar. I am getting ready to install to the Pre now. Which patch is the newest the one on first post or the one in Preware?

Browser Mega Mix|Email Mega Mix|Additional Sync Days|
Disable Various Phone Sounds|Priority Discard Buttons|

mamouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2010, 01:09 PM   #1003 (permalink)

Works like charm! I guess the google events were read only. I wonder how that happened. Are there any plans on incorporating the wrap location field patch into this one?

Old 09/18/2010, 01:25 PM   #1004 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
The events originted via google calendar. I just went and recreated all the events on the emulator and it appears all problems were solved. I can open and edit events in the calendar. I am getting ready to install to the Pre now. Which patch is the newest the one on first post or the one in Preware?
Should be the same.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
Old 09/18/2010, 01:49 PM   #1005 (permalink)

Thanks! I created a patch for Ubercalendar that adds more default duration times. I added 90 mins 3, 4, and 8 hours. It works well for me. Can that be incorporated into the patch? What about the location field wrap? I installed that with UberCalendar and it works well.
Attached Images
File Type: png calendar_2010-18-09_134950.png (50.4 KB, 19 views) Email Attachment

Old 09/18/2010, 02:22 PM   #1006 (permalink)

More default durations: I will add them, and also add the location field wrap.
BTW: the Pixi is really a bit different in the month.css file:

#mv_scroll_container {
position: relative;
overflow: hidden;
height: 250px; // is 362 on Pre
}

and at the end of the month.css file:

div.monthview-free-time, div.monthview-busy-time {
height:11px;
}
tr.week td.day {
height:33px;
}
tr.week {
height:33px;
}
div.monthview-day-numeral {
line-height:33px;
}

But the patch shouldn't touch this parts.
MetaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2010, 02:37 PM   #1007 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
BTW: the Pixi is really a bit different in the month.css file:

But the patch shouldn't touch this parts.
Any css changes in UC don't match any of those classes either, I ran into the global css problem when making the datepicker. I verified the pixi emulator with the patch before. You would think there would be more pixi owners with the problem. Very strange.

edit: just rechecked everything is okay on the pixi emulator on my end. My guess is xalky has a patch applied that uses the same css class names as the month view. And it's messing things up.

Last edited by frantid; 09/18/2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09/18/2010, 02:47 PM   #1008 (permalink)

Thanks I remember when you first started working on UberCalendar it really slowed down the Pre. The latest version is super fast. Thanks again. I didn't see the birthday patch included anymore is that separate now?

Old 09/18/2010, 03:45 PM   #1009 (permalink)

I finished updating the snooze duration parts of UC from Lclarkjr's latest version. I'm just going let it run on my Pre for the weekend for testing to see if the reminder bug pops up. I'll put it up Monday. .... I really don't like all the undocumented css in the widgets -- or designing in general Thankfully, I had MetaView's work to guide me.

This one will switch "meta-tap" to delete in day & week view and orange-tap to copy. This is based on the discussions a few pages back. Bottom line, you usually have your keyboard out when copying an event as you need to change it. But you shouldn't need to open your keyboard to delete an event.

Old 09/18/2010, 10:44 PM   #1010 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
I finished updating the snooze duration parts of UC from Lclarkjr's latest version. I'm just going let it run on my Pre for the weekend for testing to see if the reminder bug pops up. I'll put it up Monday. .... I really don't like all the undocumented css in the widgets -- or designing in general Thankfully, I had MetaView's work to guide me.

This one will switch "meta-tap" to delete in day & week view and orange-tap to copy. This is based on the discussions a few pages back. Bottom line, you usually have your keyboard out when copying an event as you need to change it. But you shouldn't need to open your keyboard to delete an event.
Couldnt it be more elegant like slide to delete in the event itself?
Old 09/19/2010, 09:26 AM   #1011 (permalink)

What's more elegant than WebOS' meta-tap? Besides, wouldn't swipe to delete be dicey in week view? In event view, what would you swipe that was unambiguous?
govotsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2010, 12:08 PM   #1012 (permalink)

Hey Meta, Been gone for awhile sorry for the no testing and feedback. I have been testing your new additions to the calender and I'm really liking them, I sure hope Palm is watching the progress.

I only have one thing to point out as of right now b

So when I'm on monthly view I have colors for each event but I still have greyed out boxes as well. Any way I could turn those off so only my colors show?

With Full day events the transparent color is good but if i have a box over it, it will actually change the color a little bit, my reds will be orange kinda and so on.

Any thoughts?
Greg Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2010, 12:14 PM   #1013 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
Updated version.

Working on some ideas MetaView and I were talking about. Therefore, changed the size of the calendar. Also enabled auto update, if you change one of the dates.

All this is in preparation for making taps work. Please test this, because this is your chance to comment about the size. I need to finalize the size so I can work on the tap handlers. (for the curious.... I plan on using coordinate based tap handling, because I want to make each of the six month calendars handle taps. If I did that with element handlers for each day, I'd chew up too much memory.)

Bottom line, if you don't like or like the size - please let me know. Speak now or forever hold your .....

I may be too late but if the calender was a little bigger wouldn't hurt, Kinda hard to get the right date. any way to bring it up to size like the real calender?

Thanks amazing work you guys got going on.
Old 09/19/2010, 03:23 PM   #1014 (permalink)

I guess when the little squares are gray, then you have events fro mdifferent calendars to this time, could it be?
Old 09/19/2010, 03:41 PM   #1015 (permalink)

I don't think that it is.

The grey boxes are the same events as the colored ones, The way Palm does their boxes is

Top grey box is morning events
Middle is noon till 5
Bottom is 5 till midnight.

The order of Colored icons goes across by which event is first. So they do not overlap only the first one over laps if I have an event in the morning time.

(i think). lol.

before you made the grey boxes they used to be lines across the whole bottom middle or top, ( it's been a long time since i used default calender. )
Old 09/19/2010, 09:20 PM   #1016 (permalink)

Hi,

I was just reading about the update in the first post on page, the link.

According to that, the version is now at 1.4.1-24 but when deleting the old version from my phone using Preware and then looking at what Preware had, it was showing version 1.4.5-66.

So now I'm totally confused, which one is the latest?

Oh maybe I should say that I am using Sprint and I'm on version 1.4.5 of WebOS!

Does that make a difference with the confusion I'm having in version numbers.

Thanks!

Rob
Version 1.4.1.1
Sprint Configuration 2.3
Model: P100EWW
Hardware Version: A
Firmware: CC1.4(510)

rlanza1054 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2010, 04:02 AM   #1017 (permalink)

@rlanza1054 - don't worry about the version numbers between the first post and what is reported in Preware. Preware creates it's own numbering system. If you are using the latest in Preware, then you are using the same version as in the first post.

Old 09/20/2010, 07:29 AM   #1018 (permalink)

Can someone please post a screen shot of the calendar alarm notification, with an active contact meeting attendee's button? I think it only comes if the event is an exchange event with attendees.

thanks,
frantid

edit: nevermind I found it.

Old 09/20/2010, 07:58 AM   #1019 (permalink)

I just installed on two different phones I have have the blank agenda button issue. I searched and found a posting on it, but I did not have an install issue. So I'm not sure what files I would repair if needed.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
jamhandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2010, 08:02 AM   #1020 (permalink)

Just read the first post.
Thanked By: jamhandman

Tags
calendar, calendar app, events

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0