webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
Like Tree54Likes

Old 05/13/2010, 05:24 PM   #81 (permalink)

ok.. i send the patch to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar2/app/controllers/app-assistant.js in quick installed
and i send the images in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/ with no problem, but the phone didnt restart or anything i restarted myself but the calendar stil doesnt hav 4 buttons , am i missing somthing? i dont have a log
ezero0065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2010, 12:02 AM   #82 (permalink)

you don't send the patch file, you apply it: press +, select the patch file, press install
MetaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2010, 08:09 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
yes, I added the try catch, to fix a calendar patch, when you tried to open the event too fast, it was crashing there. Thanks to the try/catch the calendar will at least continue to work.
On weekend I will add icons to events
If you need some Icons then I can send you the ones that I used on my Treo. You can view them in PalmOS Icon Manager. Not sure how you would use them in WebOS.
Old 05/14/2010, 08:28 AM   #84 (permalink)

Thank you, but I will add it in a more general way, where you specify the icon you want to show and then need the icon image in internal/scrims using a predefined name. The icon view will probably not be shown in month view, unfortunately.
Old 05/14/2010, 12:16 PM   #85 (permalink)

Hey Henk! I keep getting ERROR: 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- see webos-patches.log for more details I tried it on 2 different computers. What am I doing wrong? Also, is there any hope for LJP on the Pre?
vertebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2010, 12:55 PM   #86 (permalink)

can you send me the last couple of lines form your webos-patches.log?
Old 05/14/2010, 02:05 PM   #87 (permalink)

Where do I find the log?
Old 05/14/2010, 03:29 PM   #88 (permalink)

internal usb drive
Old 05/14/2010, 04:33 PM   #89 (permalink)

------------------------------------------------------
PATCH INSTALLATION Thu May 13 21:35:48 EDT 2010
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.ubercalendar/ubercalendar.patch

----------------------------------
Dry run patch attempt...
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.js
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.js
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.js
Hunk #1 FAILED at 664.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js
Hunk #2 FAILED at 23.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 63 (offset 9 lines).
Hunk #4 FAILED at 395.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 694 (offset 13 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 721 (offset 13 lines).
Hunk #7 succeeded at 789 (offset 13 lines).
2 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.js
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.js
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.js
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.js
Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.js
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.js
Hunk #1 FAILED at 664.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.js
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.js.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.js
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.js.rej
The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.js,
which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css.rej
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css.rej

Installation FAILED!
2 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js.rej
ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.ubercalendar
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.ubercalendar:
package_list
ubercalendar.patch
*** FAILED ***

Last edited by vertebra; 05/14/2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: erased extra text
Old 05/14/2010, 04:54 PM   #90 (permalink)

Well, I asked for the last 100 or something lines... Please remove all calendar patches before installing this: more reminder times and all-day events in month view.
Old 05/14/2010, 06:04 PM   #91 (permalink)

Removed Calendar patches- still did not install. Any tips before I doctor?

PATCH REMOVAL Fri May 14 18:20:07 EDT 2010
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.clock-unhide-black-analog-theme/clock-unhide-black-analog-theme.patch

Checking md5sums
All of the files in the patch are already stock (most likely due to OTA update)

Cleaning up backups...
SUCCESS

PATCH INSTALLATION Fri May 14 18:34:17 EDT 2010
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.ubercalendar/ubercalendar.patch

Dry run patch attempt...
Hunk #1 FAILED at 664.
patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.js

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.js.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.js.rej
Hunk #1 FAILED at 664.
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.js.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-luna-service.js.rej
The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.js,
which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css.rej
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css.rej

Installation FAILED!
ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.ubercalendar
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.ubercalendar:
package_list
ubercalendar.patch
*** FAILED ***
Old 05/14/2010, 06:47 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
does the monthly view show colours when ALL calenders are showing.
Quote:
unfortunately only for allDay events

So would this possible to make all the little squares have color as well? Just like the Palm Treo's had. It's the one thing that i hate about this phone how the calender actually got worse and not better from PalmOS
Greg Mair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2010, 12:48 AM   #93 (permalink)

There is still a patch on edit-assitant.js

Greg: yes, it's at least still planed
Old 05/15/2010, 05:13 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
There's a patch in Preware called Edit Item as New in the Calendar section.

Ya know...I was finally getting around to test driving this patch…Unfortunately, I found it conflicts with that patch because of a try…catch statement which was added to the edit-assistant.

Anyhow, it's a very good patch!

xanthinealkaloid: you mean the patch Edit Item as New - Calendar conflicts with UberCalendar?

MetaView: Thank you for your work.
phil71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2010, 04:13 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil71 View Post
xanthinealkaloid: you mean the patch Edit Item as New - Calendar conflicts with UberCalendar?
Correct...Both patches a trying to make changes in the same area of the edit-assistant.js.

Please don't forget your thanks button. --- Appreciate my efforts? -- Donate?

Various patches I've worked on:
Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor
xanthinealkaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: phil71
Old 05/17/2010, 07:15 PM   #96 (permalink)

Hey Henk,
I did a fresh install after the whole Palm cloud issue and it works Great! I sent a small paypal donation. It would be amazing if you can get the calendar working like the old Palmos calendar.

Could you also put an option where it syncs with the cloud at certain time intervals or overnight and saves that data somehow locally so it would be available instantly?
Old 05/17/2010, 09:07 PM   #97 (permalink)

Sure wish this would show up in preware already. Awesome work!
shaferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2010, 12:58 PM   #98 (permalink)

Just wanted to say that this is a great patch. Cant wait to see this also add the little colors in month view. Thanks!
jdiperla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2010, 04:23 PM   #99 (permalink)

Seems I need to make a fixed number of possible icons. Any suggestions? I start with the one I used for testing, coming from the next update of Create Birthday events:

* birthday

please add suggestions.

thx
Henk
Attached Images
File Type: png calendar2_2010-18-05_233847.png (40.7 KB, 100 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by MetaView; 05/18/2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05/19/2010, 02:23 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Seems I need to make a fixed number of possible icons. Any suggestions? I start with the one I used for testing, coming from the next update of Create Birthday events:

* birthday

please add suggestions.

thx
Henk
Here is my frequently used list:
Doctor
Car
Plane
Holiday
Vacation
Party
Kids
How many different shapes can you support? With PalmOS there was an active community of Icon developers and users. Can you consider a SW model that uses an Icon library?

Tags
calendar, calendar app, events

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0