Page 46 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    +1 for delete icon on Event Page.

Now that you smart guys have figured out how to add the Datepicker, are you looking into an ICON picker too?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    +2 for delete icon on Event Page!!

+1 for icon picker.
    I may be bucking the trend, but
    -1 for delete button in event page. For me, it's just as easy to hit the menu. It's just not that important to clutter every screen with buttons. On the other hand, if you could find some way to add a meta-tap for delete event ...
  4.    #904  
    We have already a slide to delete...
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I overwrote all of the files above with their originals excepts week.jsjsjs $which$ $was$ $not$ $in$ $the$ $folder$ $you$ $listed$. $In$ $the$ $folder$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$javascripts$/$datejs$/ $I$ $found$ $date$.$js$ $not$ $week$.$js$.

The default calendar is working again.

I went to install UC via QI and got the attached error message. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Mistakenly replaced reminder-list-assistant.jsjsjs $instead$ $of$ $reminder$-$assistant$.$js$

ALL IS GOOD NOW. THANKS.
    Just want to know how to do so, I try to install the new version.. webos gives errors and my calender is not working now .. where can I get the original files?
    I installed patch and when I click on an existing event it takes about 5-7 seconds for the date and time to come up. All I have is a gray screen that says all day event at the top and start and end no time or dates for about 5-7 seconds.
    Hi everyone!

It's my first post on this thread.

My biggest gripe about the Palm webOS calendar is the fact that you can't create group views. I have so many calendars on Google Calendar and now Hotmail, some financial, so holidays, some personal. being able to create groups of calendars, like I can do in either Outlook or iCal on my Mac would make the calendar infinitely more useful.

Is this something that could be done with ubercalendar? Would it be difficult to add such a feature?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I installed patch and when I click on an existing event it takes about 5-7 seconds for the date and time to come up. All I have is a gray screen that says all day event at the top and start and end no time or dates for about 5-7 seconds.
    Something is definitely wrong. Do you have a theme that modifies any of the default calendar images or icons? What model, os version and carrier? Also what day of week do you have as start of the week? Mine opens near instantly.

Is this on a recurring event, have you tried new events? Does it happen on all events? I need more info to debug this. Can you give me the dates and times, I can try to recreate the event.

what version are you using 1.4.1-25 is the latest.
    Last edited by frantid; 09/13/2010 at 08:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by orckiller View Post
    Just want to know how to do so, I try to install the new version.. webos gives errors and my calender is not working now .. where can I get the original files?
    If you are not familiar with how to get the files, I suggest trying Emergency File verification in Preware to see what happened. You can then post results here please.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    Hi everyone!

It's my first post on this thread.

My biggest gripe about the Palm webOS calendar is the fact that you can't create group views. I have so many calendars on Google Calendar and now Hotmail, some financial, so holidays, some personal. being able to create groups of calendars, like I can do in either Outlook or iCal on my Mac would make the calendar infinitely more useful.

Is this something that could be done with ubercalendar? Would it be difficult to add such a feature?

Thanks in advance!
    Hello,

I have not looked at this, maybe MetaView has some ideas on it. Do you know that you can set which calendars belong in the "all" group in the calendar preferences? This will let you see your most used ones then you can select the individual ones if you need to see them.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    I have Agenda on my launcher, and ever since I added Uber Calendar, the Agenda icon doesn't show the date until I open it the first time for the day.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Something is definitely wrong. Do you have a theme that modifies any of the default calendar images or icons? What model, os version and carrier? Also what day of week do you have as start of the week? Mine opens near instantly.

Is this on a recurring event, have you tried new events? Does it happen on all events? I need more info to debug this. Can you give me the dates and times, I can try to recreate the event.

what version are you using 1.4.1-25 is the latest.
    I am on Sprint running 1.4.5 I installed the patch from post 1. This occurs on new events, old events, recurring events. It is replicated everytime. It also happens when I use the emulator. No themes at all and no modification of images or icons.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    We have already a slide to delete...
    I must be missing something, I installed UberCalendar and then tried this; in the day view, I tried to swipe an appt but I didnt get the "Delete Cancel" interface. How can I get swipe to delete in the calendar?

A request: By default, if I change the date of an appointment from , say Monday to Wednesday, and then back swipe to save, the day view that pops up is of Monday. I think it makes sense for the Wednesday view to pop up on back swipe. Will it be possible to include this in Ubercalendar?

Thanks for a wonderful patch.
    veerar.
    @mamouton, very strange. What type of calendar is this -- exchange, palm, google, yahoo, outlook? I built it on 1.4.5 emulator. I'm running 1.4.5 so I'm running your config. Can you try running - in windows cmd
    Code:
    palm-log -d tcp com.palm.app.calendar -f
    against the emulator see what errors you get when you try to edit the time?

edit: can you give me a list of all the patches you have installed? I'm thinking there might be some interference going on.
    Last edited by frantid; 09/14/2010 at 04:17 PM.
  15.    #915  
    @veerar: tap and hold until the event is floating, then you can move it to the right to delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @veerar: tap and hold until the event is floating, then you can move it to the right to delete it.
    That actually doesn't seem to work real well. When I hold on event, the free time around it "un-accordians". I keep holding, but it never floats. I bed to release, tap elsewhere, hold again, then it floats and can be moved or deleted.

I really think a meta-tap or an icon to delete would be useful in the detail view - especially if you want to delete a new / draft event you just created (maybe accidentally).
    @MetaView You must have the cleanest programming of all patchers. I updated to 1.4.5 last night and ‹berCalendar was the only installed patch that worked after the install. All others, I had to go into Preware and update.

Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    That actually doesn't seem to work real well. When I hold on event, the free time around it "un-accordians". I keep holding, but it never floats. I bed to release, tap elsewhere, hold again, then it floats and can be moved or deleted.

I really think a meta-tap or an icon to delete would be useful in the detail view - especially if you want to delete a new / draft event you just created (maybe accidentally).

In day view, you can hold the orange key and tap an event to delete. That's default palm behavior.

19.    #919  
    Yes, the "accordion" makes it a bit difficult, because the calendar "un-accordians" to allow you to move the event to a different time. I will add a delete button in the command menu.

‹berCalendar has one advantage: Palm unfortunately doesn't change anything on the calendar in the latest updates.
  20.    #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    In day view, you can hold the orange key and tap an event to delete. That's default palm behavior.
    We might think about to change it:
    deleting usually means you don't have the slider open = meta-tap
    creating an event copy usually means you need to edit it and therefor have the keyboard open = orange-tap