Page 44 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    If the speed of the Ubercalender ist too slow, you can give the speed_mod_UberC.patch a try. Works fine with me.

holo
    Updated version.

Working on some ideas MetaView and I were talking about. Therefore, changed the size of the calendar. Also enabled auto update, if you change one of the dates.

All this is in preparation for making taps work. Please test this, because this is your chance to comment about the size. I need to finalize the size so I can work on the tap handlers. (for the curious.... I plan on using coordinate based tap handling, because I want to make each of the six month calendars handle taps. If I did that with element handlers for each day, I'd chew up too much memory.)

Bottom line, if you don't like or like the size - please let me know. Speak now or forever hold your .....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Updated version.

Working on some ideas MetaView and I were talking about. Therefore, changed the size of the calendar. Also enabled auto update, if you change one of the dates.

All this is in preparation for making taps work. Please test this, because this is your chance to comment about the size. I need to finalize the size so I can work on the tap handlers. (for the curious.... I plan on using coordinate based tap handling, because I want to make each of the six month calendars handle taps. If I did that with element handlers for each day, I'd chew up too much memory.)

Bottom line, if you don't like or like the size - please let me know. Speak now or forever hold your .....
    The new layout and size look great. I think picking the date will work nicely.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I'd make a few small changes to the layout. You could remove the word 'Date' (it's obvious) and center the icon vertically with the day, month, year edit boxes. Also, move the Time edit boxes a bit right to have them start at the same level as the date edit boxes. It would make for a more symetrical and clean layout.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi, I am having trouble with the date picker patch ; every version I have added has not displayed the date numbers when I click on the calendar icon to pick the dates. Attached is a screen shot. Any idea why this could be happening?

Love the idea, btw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm having a problem installing the new date picker patch. I removed the old one, Luna restarted, then tried to install with Internalz. Got message install failed. I have ‹berCalendar v1.4.1.1-23 installed. Any ideas?
    Size looks good to me.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 07:23 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I'm having a problem installing the new date picker patch. I removed the old one, Luna restarted, then tried to install with Internalz. Got message install failed. I have ‹berCalendar v1.4.1.1-23 installed. Any ideas?
    Sometimes this happens to me as well. Internalz goes to the webos internals feed pages to check the patch before it installs it. It's not listed there, but it checks anyway. If it can't contact the server, it will fail. I usually try immediately again and it works.

If that's not it, you can try running the EFV to see if it did not uninstall cleanly. Are you running a localized version of webos?

edit: make sure you don't tap inside the patch in Internalz. I noticed today, if I did that so it thinks I want to edit it - I just missed the install button. The install will fail. Usually you can just try to hit the button again.
    Last edited by frantid; 09/09/2010 at 01:43 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Hi, I am having trouble with the date picker patch ; every version I have added has not displayed the date numbers when I click on the calendar icon to pick the dates. Attached is a screen shot. Any idea why this could be happening?

Love the idea, btw.
    Are you running the UC version that is posted above the date picker patch? Any other patches that modify the calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    I'd make a few small changes to the layout. You could remove the word 'Date' (it's obvious) and center the icon vertically with the day, month, year edit boxes. Also, move the Time edit boxes a bit right to have them start at the same level as the date edit boxes. It would make for a more symetrical and clean layout.
    These are the first things I tried to do when I started making the patch. Unfortunately, I could not get it to work. I think the Palm's date picker rows - the ones with the buttons and title - can not be altered in the calendar app. I think it's either being built dynamically or somewhere inside the mojo calendar service. If you know a way, or if someone else does I'd be happy to alter it.

Updated Version.

I hope it works for everyone. It's functionally done. I need to go back over it, optimize and remove functions I was using for testing. So I'll be doing that while hopefully you will test it for me. If all is well, I'll clean it up and put up another version of UC with it in it.

Enjoy. frantid.

12.    #872  
    Which I will then submit to WebOSInternals-Feed
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Which I will then submit to WebOSInternals-Feed
    Many thanks, MetaView -- couldn't have done it without you.

Since I haven't heard from anyone, I'm hoping everything is working correctly.

I have removed the date time picker patch and updated the instructions I posted to 1.4.1-24.

@MetaView - if you want to move it to the first post, I'll delete it from my post.

edit: file is now in first post.
    Last edited by frantid; 09/10/2010 at 07:14 AM.

15.    #875  
    Updated first post
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    You guys are amazing. The way you have enhanced the poor WebOS calendar and make it usable is incredible. The enhancements to UberCalendar are great!! The tapview calendar brings one of the most needed features from the PalmOS that I have really missed. I have switched all my repeating event and full day events to remove the block coloring, and the new transparent feature works very well to see the icons in month view, but I lose the icons, so I reset them to 1am so I can see the icons. Just my preference but also a great feature for those who choose otherwise.

Incredible work guys!!!

Attached is a zip file which includes some icons I have made and added to the other icon collections available.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TimBoch; 09/10/2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: added icon zip file
    Since I haven't heard from anyone, I'm hoping everything is working correctly.

I have removed the date time picker patch and updated the instructions I posted to 1.4.1-24.

@MetaView - if you want to move it to the first post, I'll delete it from my post.

edit: file is now in first post.
    I uninstalled date_picker, then uninstalled UC, Luna restart, and am getting errors in Internalz trying to install the current release. Internalz just says error, doesn't say what the error is.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I uninstalled date_picker, then uninstalled UC, Luna restart, and am getting errors in Internalz trying to install the current release. Internalz just says error, doesn't say what the error is.
    Check in preware if, UC is still listed as installed. You should do a luna restart, between removing the pair. I'd try the EFV as well.

Love this patch. One thing I'm curious about: the second line of the patch file itself reads "Version: 1.4.1-24" but the patch reports itself to be 1.4.5-24 when I check it in Preware. Typo, or is this the way things should be?
    Check in preware if, UC is still listed as installed. You should do a luna restart, between removing the pair. I'd try the EFV as well.
    Not listed. EFV didn't fix it. Before I take the next step of running EPR could someone email me UC -23 and date_picker -6? I want to see if I can install and uninstall again.
    No longer need these files
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 07:22 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers