Page 43 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Ahhh - thanks!! maybe finally the solution for my german pre!
  2.    #842  
    I'm sure it is
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @frantid your new datetime-picker modifies a html file, right? That's why it doesn't work on a Pre with German language. I will check it tonight and modify it to only alter the controller file.
    Yes. Are the html files localized? Does it only affect files that exist?

In other words can I create a new html file and then use it in other languages? This is more for the next piece a tap-able date picker.

Is the workaround to add html elements dynamically with jsjsjs $using$ $appendChild$?

thanks,
    cheers
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  4.    #844  
    HTML files are localized in the resource folder. Problem is, in an american device there are only a english and spanish files, in europe there are more.

The workaround would be the dynamically creation of the elements, yes. I did it in the prefs and the snooze window already.
    HTML files are localized in the resource folder. Problem is, in an american device there are only a english and spanish files, in europe there are more.

The workaround would be the dynamically creation of the elements, yes. I did it in the prefs and the snooze window already.
    Thanks, I'll have to do some reading. I modified the relationships of several of the already existing html elements. Putting them into different parent elements, etc. One part would be easy to insert as it's one block to itself, the others I don't know.

@wolfi - my apologizes, I was unaware. Since my Pre is German and had the files on it, I made a new version that modifies the German Localized html file as well. So you and others can test it. It also has some fixes, I'll update the other post.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  6.    #846  
    No! it will fail on american devices.
    No! it will fail on american devices.
    Yikes, nice save. Sorry Wolfi, I pulled the German version.

Ok- I will wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I personally find Palm's date time picker, where you choose the date and time on the event, to be less than helpful. Mainly because when I'm changing an existing appointment, I have to figure out the date of next Wednesday or 2 weeks from 2 days from now. Maybe it's just me though....

I'm working on a mod to the date-time picker. I wanted to post it to see if some of the logic decisions I made work for others. I may have made them so they're only applicable to me.
    Is there any way to make this date picker patch work without using the full UberCalendar patch? I don't really have a need for all the other enhancements [as great as they are]. I tried installing just the date picker patch and I get the icons and the drawer opens up when tapped, but there is nothing there except blank boxes where the month calendars should be. I would really like to use this as date picking is the one thing that continues to frustrate me every time I make an appointment and this looks like a good fix.
    I wonder why the first icon on the bottom bar is missing...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #851  
    Read the first post, you need some icons installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    Is there any way to make this date picker patch work without using the full UberCalendar patch? I don't really have a need for all the other enhancements [as great as they are]. I tried installing just the date picker patch and I get the icons and the drawer opens up when tapped, but there is nothing there except blank boxes where the month calendars should be. I would really like to use this as date picking is the one thing that continues to frustrate me every time I make an appointment and this looks like a good fix.
    Have you tried just turning "enhancedView" off in UC. I think you will find that it leaves you in pretty much the same state as having UC not installed - besides the extra buttons on the bottom. Is there some other patch preventing you from using UC?

Personally, I have no plans to make it into a standalone patch. But anyone can take it and do so for themselves. I would just ask that you not post any modified versions unless, you plan on supporting them. Once the picker can be integrated into UC, I will remove it from the thread.

Have you tried just turning "enhancedView" off in UC. I think you will find that it leaves you in pretty much the same state as having UC not installed - besides the extra buttons on the bottom. Is there some other patch preventing you from using UC?
    The last time I tried UC I found that it didn't add anything I could really use that I didn't have with a couple of other patches and the features I didn't need just seemed to clutter things up. Don't get me wrong - I think they are great features and I am sure useful to others, just not to me. I don't remember there being a way to turn "enhancedView" off. I'll have to give it a try again when I get the chance - it may be worth it just to get this date picker to work.
    I personally find Palm's date time picker, where you choose the date and time on the event, to be less than helpful. Mainly because when I'm changing an existing appointment, I have to figure out the date of next Wednesday or 2 weeks from 2 days from now. Maybe it's just me though....

You don't have to hide it to back swipe. It only displays the calendar, it does nothing if you tap on it. I'm currently not planning on adding that.
    It would be very nice if you could select a date by tapping on the day on your drop down calendar.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    It would be very nice if you could select a date by tapping on the day on your drop down calendar.
    I hear you. I'm working on something. The drop down calendar is too small for accurate tapping. I tried it, too frustrating. It's like hitting the wrong link, in the browser when you haven't zoomed in.

Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    The last time I tried UC I found that it didn't add anything I could really use that I didn't have with a couple of other patches and the features I didn't need just seemed to clutter things up. Don't get me wrong - I think they are great features and I am sure useful to others, just not to me. I don't remember there being a way to turn "enhancedView" off. I'll have to give it a try again when I get the chance - it may be worth it just to get this date picker to work.
    No worries. If you try it, in the week view and month view there is a menu option in each - just uncheck it. You will have the normal calendar.

Updated version, thanks to MetaView. Now supports other languages.

@wolfi should work.

YEEEES! Finally!
    Thanks @ frantid and MetaView!
    Updated version, thanks to MetaView. Now supports other languages.

@wolfi should work.
    Any other reason to upgrade to this version besides supporting other languages?

EDIT: followed the link and found the answer is NO.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I thought it was the other patches. Will try removing them and loadng the ubercalendar. When you get an error like that is it usually because of other patches?