Page 42 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
    yes, that's exactly what I just did... :-((
    But it shows up in Preware after you install it? How did you install it - internalz, webOS QI?

What version of webOS are you on?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by gennajules View Post
    Actually, it did work fine until the 1.4.5 update.....I uninstalled the ubercalendar patch, and it appeared it was working until 11/5 & 11/6 events "disappeared".....maybe I should just stay home that weekend
    So it's not just the version of UC I posted that is giving you the problem? It's the Preware version and the clean unpatched version?

There are a couple of threads on precentral from members that are having problems with events more than 2 months out. You might search those threads. Try removing the yahoo account adding it back in.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    But it shows up in Preware after you install it? How did you install it - internalz, webOS QI?

What version of webOS are you on?
    Yes, itīs in Preware, via QI, WebOS 1.4.5
    But now I tried via internalz - same thing... :-((
    But thanks for looking!
    So it's not just the version of UC I posted that is giving you the problem? It's the Preware version and the clean unpatched version?

There are a couple of threads on precentral from members that are having problems with events more than 2 months out. You might search those threads. Try removing the yahoo account adding it back in.
    Thanks so much I'll try that...it is the Preware version......thanks for your help!
    Yes, itīs in Preware, via QI, WebOS 1.4.5
    But now I tried via internalz - same thing... :-((
    But thanks for looking!
    If you look at the picture I posted, do you see how the "Date" is above the month name? Is your's that way? Did you try tapping to the left of the month name? I wonder if for some reason the icon is not showing on your Pre.

If you look at the picture I posted, do you see how the "Date" is above the month name? Is your's that way? Did you try tapping to the left of the month name? I wonder if for some reason the icon is not showing on your Pre.
    No, "Datum" is the old way, left from Day-Field (!) and then Month-Field. Thatīs the way itīs displayed in Germany. And tapping doesnīt help...
    No, "Datum" is the old way, left from Day-Field (!) and then Month-Field. Thatīs the way itīs displayed in Germany. And tapping doesnīt help...
    Can you run the Emergency File Verification utility in Preware? It won't modify anything, but it should report any problems.

Can you run the Emergency File Verification utility in Preware? It won't modify anything, but it should report any problems.
    good idea, but: no problems at all (only the modified palm logo was reported)!
    good idea, but: no problems at all (only the modified palm logo was reported)!
    Very Strange. The file looks complete right? Can you download it again and compare the 2 versions? I haven't had any problems installing or uninstalling it.

Are there any themes or something else modifying the files the patch modifies.
    Last edited by frantid; 09/05/2010 at 05:03 PM.

Very Strange. The file looks complete right? Can you download it again and compare the 2 versions? I haven't had any problems installing or uninstalling it.

Are there any themes or something else modifying the files the patch modifies.
    No themes here, no other patches for datetime-assistant.jsjsjs, $no$ $download$-$error$, $nothing$. $Strange$ $indeed$! $I$ $tried$ $nearly$ $everything$ $and$ $give$ $up$ $for$ $now$ - $patch$ $uninstalled$.
    Maybe next time...
    But thanks for trying to help!
    I have webOS 1.4.5
    When I try to install UberCalendar from Preware, the install fails (
    Download appears to work

ERROR MSGS
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT={file location}
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to {file location}
    2 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to {file location}

Ideas on how to get this working?
    Me too!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Make sure you have removed all other Calendar patches. And that means ALL.

I left one, extend reminder times, and it would not load until I removed that last one.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    One of the common error messages ~ cause by ~ conflicting patch(s) ~ solution for problem … uninstall any conflicting patches ~ not only with this issue but for all. If conflicting patch(s) can't be found ~ run (EPR)Emergency Patch Recovery in preware ~ then start adding patches back one by one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post

I left one, extend reminder times, and it would not load until I removed that last one.
    Sure enough...worked like a charm.
    Just a quick note to say that the latest version from frantid works quite well. The date picker also helps quite a bit. Can't wait to see what MetaView is working on!
    That worked! Thank you (in retrospect - that's the totally obvious solution)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post

Thanks. Are there any patches you would/could/should re-install with UberCalendar?

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Wonderful work. I removed the Speed Mod and the older version of UC. Installed the new UC and the date picker. Both work as advertised. The date picker was sorely needed.

I used the +7 day date advancer in Datebk6 all the time to schedule my next appointment "3 weeks from today."

The calendar has really come a long way with this work. Keep it up.

thanks,
    Scott
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  20.    #840  
    @frantid your new datetime-picker modifies a html file, right? That's why it doesn't work on a Pre with German language. I will check it tonight and modify it to only alter the controller file.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro