Page 41 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I am glad you are thinking of making all day events color transparent enough to see whats behind. I hope WebOS 2.0 brings lots of API's your way.
    Me too.

They are transparent in the version above. The things that I posted are in the version, not just ideas. Maybe I wasn't clear -- I edited it to make it better.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Oh I like that mini two month view in the even creation. I too was having to use a wall, PC or other calendar that is handy to determine dates for entering some events. This would make a great addition to ubercalendar.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    You can always make things configurable options like with the enhanced view thing. And speaking of that as it is made with more and more features it would be a good idea to build toggles and other options into the settings scene instead of as menu items. Right now it is just the enhanced view thing that is a setting in the menu rather than in the settings scene.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I like the appearance of the new date pickers, but I thought they would allow me to actually pick the new start and end dates. I suppose they are too small for someone to click on the right date accurately. Anyway it is nice to be able to see the monthly calendars to determine where the start and end dates fall in the week and month.

Another minor issues is how the new calendar icons are stretched vertically which make them look slightly odd. No biggie, just a comment.

Thanks for a great patch... plee3
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Oy -- this is the first time I've been really tempted to patch my Kernel. Since I'm a Canuck running a GSM AT&T (NextGen Unlock) Pre+ , I've been hesitant to risk my warranty (was pricey to buy off-contract & I'm only in the U.S. occasionally) until the Pre2 comes out. But, if I was to complain about one thing about WebOS, it would be the calendar.

In my opinion, even with the stock Kernel, UberCalendar (thanks Meta) goes a long way to fixing this. But, as a calendar-heavy user (approx. 2,500 calendar entries and counting), I experience the Lag & ghosting consistently.

A question. When you say Speed Mod, do you mean UberKernel + Govnah, or, is this something else?
    Uberkernal is the actual kernal. You install it from Preware - available other / kernal. Govnah is the app you use to configure the kernal. It's in Preware / applications. You need both.

if you look a couple of posts after yours, you will see that speedmod has been incorporated into UC. Remove UC & any other calendar patches. Restart Luna. Install the UC patch attatched to that message & restart Luna.

If you want an improved date picker, install the patch in the next post then restart Luna.

To set your overclock rate, run Govnah. Select the first item. From the list select 500 / 1000 for 1 GHz or 500 / 800 for 800 MHz. When the screen is on, the clock will run @ the higher speed & when off @ the lower speed to save battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    I like the appearance of the new date pickers, but I thought they would allow me to actually pick the new start and end dates. I suppose they are too small for someone to click on the right date accurately. Anyway it is nice to be able to see the monthly calendars to determine where the start and end dates fall in the week and month.

Another minor issues is how the new calendar icons are stretched vertically which make them look slightly odd. No biggie, just a comment.

Thanks for a great patch... plee3
    I thought the calendars would be "pickable". Is it possible to just show one month like old Palms and make the dates bigger and "pickable"?

Thanks for all your great work!
    Realistically to make the dates from a month selectable by tapping the date on the month it would have to be almost as big as the month view calendar view. This could be achieved by pushing a scene from a tap to the small reference month for a large reference month where each date can be tapped for a return value to the previous scene to set the date. This of course sounds easier than it probably will be to code it to work this way. Personally I think I'd be fine with just the reference months but I can also see the advantage of tapping the date. I thought I'd toss the idea of how it could be done if choosing to make a tap month to get date thing.
    @plee3 - graphics aren't my strong point and I'm not that experienced with 9 tile buttons that webOS uses. I'll play with the dimensions to see if I can fix it. Thanks.

@govotsos - I hear you on a preference page. I'll investigate. I'm not sure which features should be optional. Most of them you can just ignore and not use. Icons, even the hidden calender does not need to be used.

@everyone - I'll look into making it tap-able. You can manually scroll it horizontally to see the full 6 months. If you could tap to choose, which day start or end day. Or do most people just do recurring events with start & end on the same day.
    @StoneRyno that's a good idea. I'll try to flesh something out.
    @frantid Did you ever have a PalmOS device? The way it handles dates is just about perfect. The entire date is one field (not day, month, year - at least the way it's presented to the user). When you tap on a date, a calendar pops up. It is a one month calendar. At the top is the month name & year and an arrow on either end to go to the previous or next month. Once you are in the month you want, tap on the date you want & the field gets populated. If we could get something like that, I'd be turning cartwheels
    Events aren't showing up on my calendar, but show up on my other calendars? It's only the events I'm adding directly to the Pre, and it's on a few events? Any advice? It's showing that a day has no scheduled events...thanks.
    @gennajules do you have all calendars selected in the top right selector button
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @gennajules do you have all calendars selected in the top right selector button
    Yes, I do...and it shows up on my yahoo calendar once I add to the pre, just not showing on the pre calendar...it's weird.....and it's not all events, just some?
    And it works ok without the UberCalendar patch?

or how about in your preferences under calendar view options? Do you have it toggled on to display in all calendars?
    Last edited by frantid; 09/04/2010 at 10:06 AM.
    installed datepicker, but donīt see any buttons - should it work with a german pre to?
    thanks for your work anyway - UC works great with tapping, transparency, etc.!
    It should, that's what I have. You have to get in to the date time scene first. From editing the event.
    yes, there i am... :-((
    check in preware if it installed correctly. You may have to remove it and reinstall it, restart luna
    yes, that's exactly what I just did... :-((
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    And it works ok without the UberCalendar patch?

or how about in your preferences under calendar view options? Do you have it toggled on to display in all calendars?
    Actually, it did work fine until the 1.4.5 update.....I uninstalled the ubercalendar patch, and it appeared it was working until 11/5 & 11/6 events "disappeared".....maybe I should just stay home that weekend