Page 40 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Wow! I installed the 1 GHz Uberkernal last night. What a difference! ÜberCalendar + Speed mod are now lag free. Everything happens instantly. My calendar isn't that loaded so there wasn't a whole lot of lag for me. I added my wife's Google calendars (17 calendars - most days 8+ events) to mine to see how it performed under a real load.

I couldn't believe it. When switching between day / week / month modes, scrolling through days / weeks / months - ÜberCalendar populated all the events INSTANTLY. I also noticed that the "ghost" entries (events from the previous view that continue to appear when you swipe to a new day / week) don't seem to appear any more.

I can't say this strongly enough. If you use ÜberCalendar and are having lag issues, RUN, don't walk, to PreWare and install the latest ÜberKernal & Govnah. You won't believe the result. It feels like a whole new phone.
    Is it possible to do the accordion compression for very long events such as say I add my work shifts to the calendar those could be 8+ hours long which takes up the whole screen needing to scroll to see the rest of the days stuff. I know I can launch agenda to see at a glance for the day but sometimes I prefer to see the info inside the calendar.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I just installed 1.4.5-22 version on Sprint 1.4.5. The patch seems to work except I do not see "subject" in week view. It just shows normal square blocks.

Any way to correct the problem?
    Hi, this is my first post on this forum but it helps me since long time. Thanks !

I have problem with all one year recurrent event (as birthday). The event appears with one day more in the palm prprpré + $calendar$ and the date is OK on google agenda. If I delete the envent and make it again, the date is still wrong on the palm. After a reboot, it's the same.
    It doesn't matter I make the event on the palm or on google agenda, the date is always with one day more on the palm.
    I use web OS 1.4.5 and I don't think have others calendar patches.
    Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english.
    Quote Originally Posted by csrow View Post
    I just installed 1.4.5-22 version on Sprint 1.4.5. The patch seems to work except I do not see "subject" in week view. It just shows normal square blocks.

Any way to correct the problem?
    Enable enhance view, WHEN in week view
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Ever since I installed this patch it seems that whenever there is an active notification, the Pre stops charging on the touchstone. If there is a notification, then even with the Pre on the touchstone overnight I find the phone to be not charged completely. Only after dismissing the notification and after lifting the Pre and placing it back on the touchstone does the phone start charging again. I cannot be sure that it is this patch that is causing the problem, but since the problem started only after I installed this patch I can only assume that this may be the cause.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/30/2010 at 08:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    Hi, this is my first post on this forum but it helps me since long time. Thanks !

I have problem with all one year recurrent event (as birthday). The event appears with one day more in the palm prprpré + $calendar$ and the date is OK on google agenda. If I delete the envent and make it again, the date is still wrong on the palm. After a reboot, it's the same.
    It doesn't matter I make the event on the palm or on google agenda, the date is always with one day more on the palm.
    I use web OS 1.4.5 and I don't think have others calendar patches.
    Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english.
    This issue came up in the past before uber calendar existed. I know I personally tested to verify the certain day bugs were fixed quite a few webOS updates ago. If you could share, what date is the anual recurring event taking place on I'll see if this can be replicated on my sprint pre using my google calendar. Also are you entering and deleting the event on your device or on the google account from a PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Ever since I installed this patch it seems that whenever there is an active notification, the Pre stops charging on the touchstone. If there is a notification, then even with the Pre on the touchstone overnight I find the phone to be not charged completely. Only after dismissing the notification and after lifting the Pre and placing it back on the touchstone does the phone start charging again. I cannot be sure that it is this patch that is causing the problem, but since the problem started only after I installed this patch I can only assume that this may be the cause.
    This also has come up in the past before uber calendar existed. I don't know what search terms to recommend to find the threads on the topic of this issue but I do remember seeing several cases of this sort of problem but I don't recall the conclusion of those threads. My guess is somehow the device is being off centered somehow, severing the induction connection partially or fully reducing or eliminating any charge flow.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    This also has come up in the past before uber calendar existed. I don't know what search terms to recommend to find the threads on the topic of this issue but I do remember seeing several cases of this sort of problem but I don't recall the conclusion of those threads. My guess is somehow the device is being off centered somehow, severing the induction connection partially or fully reducing or eliminating any charge flow.
    I assure you it is not a 'placement' issue.
    Hey Metaview, anything cool for the ubercalendar from the new SDK 2.0?
    SDK 2.0 is out?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    SDK 2.0 is out?
    If you've got an app in the catalog and are signed up as a developer. The beta for the emulator is out. Or were previously on the advance beta list.

I don't qualify.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Thanks StoneRyno. The bug is for all the date.
    Trying and trying again, I have a part of solution : On the palm prprpré, $it$'$s$ $OK$ $if$ $the$ $event$ $is$ $enter$ $as$ $a$ &$quot$;$all$ $day$ $event$&$quot$; $in$ $the$ $menu$ $upper$ $left$ ($or$ $by$ $taping$ $the$ $down$ $right$ $icon$ $on$ $uber$ $calendar$).
    In fact, I used to create a new event by taping the screen somewhere in the calendar and then I checked "all day even" and one year recurrence. Whith this last method, there is one day more on the palm than in google agenda. It's necessary to pass by the menu upper left.
    But I have the same problem on the palm if I use first google agenda to create the all day one year recurrent event.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    If you've got an app in the catalog and are signed up as a developer. The beta for the emulator is out. Or were previously on the advance beta list.

I don't qualify.
    It appears that the 2.0 beta for the emulator is available to everyone now. I hadn't read the most recent new before catching up on threads.

Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    Thanks StoneRyno. The bug is for all the date.
    Trying and trying again, I have a part of solution : On the palm prprpré, $it$'$s$ $OK$ $if$ $the$ $event$ $is$ $enter$ $as$ $a$ &$quot$;$all$ $day$ $event$&$quot$; $in$ $the$ $menu$ $upper$ $left$ ($or$ $by$ $taping$ $the$ $down$ $right$ $icon$ $on$ $uber$ $calendar$).
    In fact, I used to create a new event by taping the screen somewhere in the calendar and then I checked "all day even" and one year recurrence. Whith this last method, there is one day more on the palm than in google agenda. It's necessary to pass by the menu upper left.
    But I have the same problem on the palm if I use first google agenda to create the all day one year recurrent event.
    Perhaps you could get in touch with palm support through whatever channel(s) are needed. I think some have gone through the carrier support to get to palm support. I have many annual recurring events on my sprint pre that are linked to a google calendar that show up correctly. Your posting is the first time since way back when that I have heard a report of it not working and before it was only certain dates not any date.
    Wow, I know I'm a little late to the game, but thanks for the speed mod! It has fixed every problem I cared about in Ubercalendar. And thanks to the dev of Ubercalendar, which fixed almost every problem I cared about in the Palm calendar. Between these 2 things, the calendar functionality of WebOS makes my life really organized!

Now if only something similar would happen for tasks.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Wow! I installed the 1 GHz Uberkernal last night. What a difference! ÜberCalendar + Speed mod are now lag free. Everything happens instantly. My calendar isn't that loaded so there wasn't a whole lot of lag for me. I added my wife's Google calendars (17 calendars - most days 8+ events) to mine to see how it performed under a real load.

I couldn't believe it. When switching between day / week / month modes, scrolling through days / weeks / months - ÜberCalendar populated all the events INSTANTLY. I also noticed that the "ghost" entries (events from the previous view that continue to appear when you swipe to a new day / week) don't seem to appear any more.

I can't say this strongly enough. If you use ÜberCalendar and are having lag issues, RUN, don't walk, to PreWare and install the latest ÜberKernal & Govnah. You won't believe the result. It feels like a whole new phone.
    Oy -- this is the first time I've been really tempted to patch my Kernel. Since I'm a Canuck running a GSM AT&T (NextGen Unlock) Pre+ , I've been hesitant to risk my warranty (was pricey to buy off-contract & I'm only in the U.S. occasionally) until the Pre2 comes out. But, if I was to complain about one thing about WebOS, it would be the calendar.

In my opinion, even with the stock Kernel, UberCalendar (thanks Meta) goes a long way to fixing this. But, as a calendar-heavy user (approx. 2,500 calendar entries and counting), I experience the Lag & ghosting consistently.

A question. When you say Speed Mod, do you mean UberKernel + Govnah, or, is this something else?
    edit (Sep 10): The version is now at 1.4.1-24. It includes the date time picker. remove UberCalendar and all patches I put up previously - then install the one from the first post, if you don't want to wait for the feed update. MetaView will post in Preware feeds

Hello everyone,

I've been talking to MetaView and he's working on the next version. I had been sending him some pieces of patches, so he said it was okay to post them here. What he asked me to do was incorporate the speed mod patch into a version of UC. So 1.4.1-23 is attached. If those who know how to install a patch locally (just like you did with the speed mod) would test it out for me, MetaView will post it up on Preware.

In this version, a few new features, the speed mod patch, plus the date picker as described in the post following this one:

• less month flicker -- With this new version there is less flicker -- the caveat is that if you flick up or down many months in a row or back and forth too fast, the calendar will not keep up with you and it will flicker again. There's nothing I can do about this. It's still rendering after you slide up/down a month. It just doesn't look like it.
    • transparent month allday colors -- you should be able to see through the all day colors to see your icons, busy times
    • advanced tapping in week -- in the week view you can tap on an event and it will open up in the edit window. If you tap on an empty space, it will open the day in day view like normal. (There's a system reserved space for all day events. I never noticed it before, but it's why you can't scroll the events in week view if you start your tap in the all day area. So if the event you are trying to tap is too close to the all day area - regardless if there are any all day events - the tap won't register. Just scroll down a bit then tap the event.
    • meta-tap to copy - in day and week view If you start with holding one finger in the gesture area then tap on the event, the event will be copied into a new event - recurrent schedule is not copied. Then it will pop up into the edit scene allowing you to modify the time. The new event is created at the current day and time, so you can tell if it worked by looking at the time of the event that pops up. meta-taps take practice -- If you move your finger on the gesture area it is not considered a meta-tap. If you move your finger on the event, webOS cancels the meta-tap and thinks you want to scroll.

Please test it if you can, I'll be following the thread for issues. To test you will have to:

1. uninstall speed mod patch or the date picker patch - restart luna (if you have the speed mod or the date picker patch that is)
    2. uninstall UberCalendar - restart luna
    3. download and install version 1.4.1-24 -- restart luna

It's a lot of restart Luna's, but there's nothing I can do about that. It should work with everything the current version of UC works on.
    Last edited by frantid; 09/10/2010 at 08:03 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Edit: (Sep 10) patch file is now incorporated in the UberCalendar version in the first post. I have removed the separate patch to avoid confusion.

I personally find Palm's date time picker, where you choose the date and time on the event, to be less than helpful. Mainly because when I'm changing an existing appointment, I have to figure out the date of next Wednesday or 2 weeks from 2 days from now. Maybe it's just me though....

this is how it works:

If you edit an event, tap on the date/time to change the time, you will see what I've done. There are 2 calendar icons added. One next to the start date, one next to the end date.

Tap one of them and you'll see a 6 month scrolling calendar -- see the attached picture.

If you tap the same icon twice it will hide the scrolling calendar.
    • If you tap the one next to start, it will scroll to the start date. If you then tap a date in the calendar, it will put the start date on that date. Then the drawer will close.
    • If you tap on the one next to the end date it will scroll to the end. You can tap on the dates and it will set the end date. Then it will close the drawer.
    • If you change the dates, it does not update instantly. Palm did this on purpose, there are checks in the system to make sure you don't set a start date after an end date. If you change the start date, the end date follows preserving time, etc. If you change the end, it lengthens the duration.
    • If you don't want the drawer to close after you set the date. Hold on the date rather than tap.

The calendar will display and highlight the start and end dates - green & red vertical lines.

If the event is longer than one day, it will put green horizontal lines under the date numbers in the duration.

It will also now display recurrent dates with yellow underlining, if the event is part of a recurring event.

If the duration is longer than 6 months, it will split the calendar in two. Try it with all day events, if you want to see it. If the duration is longer than 7 months, it won't put the green lines under the dates. It's too much processing time for little effect.

You don't have to hide it to back swipe.

edit: I should add it only works with the above posted version of UC. Add UC first then this patch. You will have to restart luna after installing.

edit2: I have updated the patch, please note the updated name. Since it's not in a feed, it's easier to manage versions by changing the name of the file. changes:

I put in a proper icon.
    It will also now display recurrent dates with yellow underlining, if the event is part of a recurring event.
    For other languages, I'll seek the advice of MetaView.

edit3: file name up to 4. Thanks to the magic of MetaView The patch now supports other languages besides english. If you don't need another language, you don't have to update to this version.

edit4: filename 5. Changed the size of the calendar in preparation for making taps work. see new picture. It will also now auto update if you change the dates.

edit 5:
    lucky file number 6. Here you go, it's now tap happy. Please try to find where it breaks or find bugs. Please note the updated instructions. Have fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frantid; 09/10/2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: removed patch file

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Frantid / Meta: These changes sound excellent -- thank-you. Two questions (I realize you are looking for beta-testing first):

- Are both of these changes (UberCalendar / Date-Picker) planned to make it into the PreWare feed in the next while?
    -Is the DatePicker patch planned to be a part of a future UberCalendar patch, or always intended to be separately installed (but 'friendly' to UberCalendar)?
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Frantid / Meta: These changes sound excellent -- thank-you. Two questions (I realize you are looking for beta-testing first):

- Are both of these changes (UberCalendar / Date-Picker) planned to make it into the PreWare feed in the next while?
    -Is the DatePicker patch planned to be a part of a future UberCalendar patch, or always intended to be separately installed (but 'friendly' to UberCalendar)?
    The plan is to put the date picker inside UC when it's done. I left it out because I didn't want people to have to update every iteration of the date picker patch. Plus I don't have a pixi, I don't know what it will look like. I didn't want the date picker to rule out UC for those who don't like it.

If the version of UC above works in testing MetaView will post it in Preware. He's working on other areas of UC. Eventually it will be all in, and in Preware.

I am glad you are thinking of making all day events color transparent enough to see whats behind. I hope WebOS 2.0 brings lots of API's your way.