Page 39 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    On the bottom there are 4 buttons. Regular ones is day view, week view and month view.

However, the one of the far left is empty on my phone?
    (it's the one right next to the add button)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Enable the enhanced view from the menu.
    done..thanks a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplificator View Post
    On the bottom there are 4 buttons. Regular ones is day view, week view and month view.

However, the one of the far left is empty on my phone?
    (it's the one right next to the add button)
    That's the agenda button. You need to add the images from the first post to your phone.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    That's the agenda button. You need to add the images from the first post to your phone.
    I have added the icons now and the button is showing fine now.

However it doesn't do anything when pressing it?
    You need to install Agenda. It's a homebrew app that lists out events.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You need to install Agenda. It's a homebrew app that lists out events.
    Thank you

Still prefer month view by far.
    Who, besides me, is ready for an update to Ubercalendar with the speed mod?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Who, besides me, is ready for an update to Ubercalendar with the speed mod?
    My fault, I keep bugging MetaView with ideas.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    How about making an all day event in Month view be a thin bar across the day in the color of the calendar and would allow maybe 6 or 7 all day events? Opaque of course with the little squares underneath? The bar could even be big enough to show the icon attached???
    I am having difficulty with the calendar reminder repeat. It doesn't repeat. I have set all the settings, but it doesn't repeat. I deleted all the extra patches so I could install Ubercalendar. Any suggestions?
    There's a bug in the reminder patch which is ported into UC. I think the reminder patch has been fixed. I'm sure MetaView is on top of it.
    Just checking that it is not operator error. So an update should be coming eventually?
    I think the reminder patch is fixed, maybe not updated yet. MetaView is working on the next version. So an update is being prepared.
    snooze selection patch won't install with this. Does anyone know if they are compatible?
    A while ago there was some talk about how noon was displayed as 0 pm. I don't see if there was any resolution. I think noon should be labeled as 12 pm - that's what noon is usually called.

A few days ago I had a pie-in-the-sky feature request. Is there any way to allow you to create an event on the phone and send invitations from within the calendar app with a patch or would this require a revision from Palm?

Another feature I miss is participants. Usually this happens 2 ways. When you have someone's contact open, you select create appointment and an event is created for you to edit with the contact listed as a participant. The other way is when creating an event there's a participant field that when selected opens your contacts so you can select who the event is with.

This is very useful since, if I have a doctor's appointment, all I have to do is open the contact, set date & time and I'm done. The participant field would probably dovetail well with invitations.

Like I said, I know these are difficult. I'm not asking "Hey can you do this now". I'm just wondering if any of it is even POSSIBLE to accomplish with patches.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    snooze selection patch won't install with this. Does anyone know if they are compatible?
    You don't need it. It is allready included in the lates version ...

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    A few days ago I had a pie-in-the-sky feature request. Is there any way to allow you to create an event on the phone and send invitations from within the calendar app with a patch or would this require a revision from Palm?

Another feature I miss is participants. Usually this happens 2 ways. When you have someone's contact open, you select create appointment and an event is created for you to edit with the contact listed as a participant. The other way is when creating an event there's a participant field that when selected opens your contacts so you can select who the event is with.

Like I said, I know these are difficult. I'm not asking "Hey can you do this now". I'm just wondering if any of it is even POSSIBLE to accomplish with patches.
    I'm not sure if I'm the best person to answer this question. Here are my thoughts on the subject, but I could very well be wrong.

I think the invitations piece would require a service implemented into the calendar service in cooperation with the email and contacts services. This is beyond my skill set. There are probably others that can do this. I believe it is beyond the normal range of patches as the services are java programs and not javascript. Most of the patches are done on the javascript portion of Palm's code.

For participants, there is code in the calendar app for participants. I have never seen it used, but I haven't really looked too deeply into it. Palm must be working on it as there are views and event models built for it, just not used. Again there may be missing service pieces on the back end that keep it from working.

That's a lot of words for an "I don't know" answer, short version is -- Palm seems to be working on both these things. Hopefully we'll see them soon.

18.    #778  
    Participants are used in combination with MS Exchange accounts. I still want to enable the field for all accounts and see what happens. Even if the participants are just local stored, it might be a nice feature. Participants are stored as name/email IIRC, they aren't connected to a contact.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Not sure if it's been suggested, but I'd love to see compressed view in the week view. I only see it in the day view.
  20. eja
    When I want to move an entry, I end up in the webos menu with the hours/min/days sliders to choose the new date from.
    Could you implement a monthly view to pick the the day I want to move the entry to? Similar to the old fashioned way on a Treo or other Palm? That would be great.
    Thanks