Page 38 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Speed mod v2 not installing for me either. I did uninstall speed mod prior to updating to 1.4.5
    Now that the UC with the speed mod are working so well I have added more icons to my scrims folder. The trouble is that I dont remember all the icon names. Many times I am opening Internalz and viewing the scrims folder to find an icon name.

Any thoughts on how hard it would be to have an ICON picker / pull down on the event page? Datebk6 did this beautifully, but I would be happy with a text list of icon names.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Speed mod v2 not installing for me either. I did uninstall speed mod prior to updating to 1.4.5
    Are you on 1.4.5.1 Sprint? Did UC install okay?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    How did you get it to your Pre? Did you look in /media/internal/downloads? If you just click on the link in the browser, that's where it will be. Maybe just /media/internal.
    yes, I used Internalz to install from an email att... Not in /downloads or /internal. :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    yes, I used Internalz to install from an email att... Not in /downloads or /internal. :-/
    I've been searching for my mail attachments - way too hard. If you still have the email, just open the attachment up again. Internalz should open it.

edit:
    the attachments are buried in sub folders of /var/luna/data/attachments/bucket-##/part_###############/

where the # signs are numbers. I had a lot of empty part_##### folders.
    Last edited by frantid; 08/11/2010 at 10:17 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Wow, am I slow... I just opened Preware and the speedmod2 patch was there. I uninstalled from there, and then was able to update Uber with no problem.

Thanks for the help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Are you on 1.4.5.1 Sprint? Did UC install okay?
    Sprint 1.4.5
    UC 1.4.5-19 updated fine.
    That's odd. That's the same UC I'm running. Any errors from Internalz or what you're using to install?
    strange, I just tried it a 3rd time and it took
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by vertebra View Post
    Hey Henk! I keep getting ERROR: 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- see webos-patches.log for more details I tried it on 2 different computers. What am I doing wrong? Also, is there any hope for LJP on the Pre?
    I am getting the same message, ever since the new ubercalender update. Did you ever figure out how to reinstall the patch?
    Nevermind. I finally got it to work when I removed my other calender patches.
    I am unable to reinstall ubercalendar after the 1.4.5 update. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

here is the ipkg log:

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    3 34112 3 1156 0 0 2169 0 0:00:15 --:--:-- 0:00:15 6181
    100 34112 100 34112 0 0 33887 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 51606
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    6 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    10 out of 18 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    3 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-*Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my Palm Pre®
    You don't have any other calendar related patches installed?

You could install stock 1.4.5 files using WebOS Repair Utility.
    Repair all the files mentioned as

-- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.rej

The bolded red is what you want to put in the WebOS Repair Utility to repair, removing .rej from the end. And make sure you place Doctor 1.4.5 in the same folder as WebOS Repair Utility. Appears you need to repair 5 files.
    Link to the Doctor if you haven't downloaded it already: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Seeing something weird in Day view with Compressed enabled. It's completely ignoring a calendar entry from my work exchange calendar (event ending at 15:00) and stating I have 13 hrs, 15 mins free based on a Google calendar entry that ends at 10:45.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I had this fail to install happen with another patch and I think ultimately because I had problems with several other patches I simply used emergency patch recovery. Then installed the few that were refusing to install first and then clicked install all in saved package list to install everything else. There may be an easier way to get going if that is the only patch that isn't installing.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You don't have any other calendar related patches installed?

You could install stock 1.4.5 files using WebOS Repair Utility.
    Repair all the files mentioned as

-- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.rej

The bolded red is what you want to put in the WebOS Repair Utility to repair, removing .rej from the end. And make sure you place Doctor 1.4.5 in the same folder as WebOS Repair Utility. Appears you need to repair 5 files.
    Link to the Doctor if you haven't downloaded it already: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar
    No other calendar patches are installed. I removed Ubercalendar along with a few other patches I didn't want to take a chance on before the OTA update, and attempted to reinstall it after updating feeds.

I do have 2 other stuck patches (system Today menu and system Today framework) which I didn't realize were on the list of patches that should have been removed before updating. So I have a feeling I'm going to have to run EPR anyway. I'm hoping that Ubercalendar will install OK after doing that. Forgot to bring my charger to work with me today so I'm a little hesitant to mess with it very much for the time being because I will run the battery down....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Well I'm an *****. (But I already knew that). I had installed a patch for snooze durations, not realizing it was a calendar patch instead of a clock patch. Didn't discover this until after running EPR and reinstalling saved packages.

But I needed to run the EPR anyway because of the two otehr stuck patches.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    MetaView, is it at all possible to add the abiity to send invitations from the Pre's calendar? Right now, the only way I see to do it is through Google Calendar.
    installed fine after 1.4.5, but when looking at the calendar, I don't see the preview (no letters). I have no other calendar parches installed.
    I will remove and reinstall perhaps.

Any thoughts?

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
  20.    #760  
    Enable the enhanced view from the menu.