Page 37 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylu View Post
    I am using att palm pre plus 1.45 rom. when I try to install this patch , it gave me error information. It said Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1

1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to files usr/palm/applications/com.palm.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

2 out of 4 hunks FAILED--saving rejects to files usr/palm/applications/com.palm.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Any help? Thanks
    How did you get 1.4.5 running on an ATT Pre+? I am only running 1.4.2 on my ATT Pre+!

Ubercalendar is awesome, but it does not like other calendar patches. Try the new speed up mode for UC to really experience something great.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    follow the procedure listed in this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2306988
    I'm on AT&T and the the WebOS Repair Utility appears to have some bugs with AT&T. When that has been resolved, I'll give it a go and report back.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The latest version is making me think to remove the patch again.

- It is really slow.
    - Touching a reminder does not open the event itself anymore but opens the day view focused on that event... Is that intended behaviour by the patch?
    - The selectable snooze times in a reminder introduces too much notification screen size is implemented very ugly IMO: an almost unreadable (overlapping text) scroll list of snooze times. Is there a way to only turn that feature off?

(On a 1.4.5 GSM Pre, without any other Calendar related pacthes)
    spud101,

You can try the speed patch - a few pages back, might help.
    I think you found a bug in the reminder thing.
    The snooze thing is strange. I wonder if MetaView can do a Horizontal scroller on those settings instead of a drop down list. How did it work before? I just tried UC on this version.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have noticed the same things that spud101 points out.

- It is really slow. I'm waiting to try all the speed ideas once (if ever) 1.4.5 comes to Sprint.

- Touching a reminder does not open the event itself anymore. I miss it opening up the actual event

- The selectable snooze times in the reminder does make it almost unreadable (overlapping text) scroll list of snooze times. It's rare that I want to change the snooze time from what I originally set but when I wanted to change it in the past, I would just edit the event by tapping the event and opening the event. Now tapping the event dismisses the event.

Still, a great patch overall and none of the above are deal breakers IMHO.

(On a 1.4.1.1 Sprint Pre, without any other Calendar related patches)
    Quote Originally Posted by toburg View Post
    I have noticed the same things that spud101 points out.

- It is really slow. I'm waiting to try all the speed ideas once (if ever) 1.4.5 comes to Sprint.

- Touching a reminder does not open the event itself anymore. I miss it opening up the actual event

(On a 1.4.1.1 Sprint Pre, without any other Calendar related patches)
    If you are on Ubercalendar patch 1.4.1-35 from Preware feeds, you can try the speed patch.

http://forums.precentral.net/2586661-post635.html

I sent a PM to MetaView asking about the reminder and event tap.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  7.    #727  
    It's a known issue, it was ported straight from the snooze-patch and shares the same issues. Will be somehow fixed in the next update.
    For some reason none of the images are visible in the calendar that I'm used to see from when I added it for the first time. Notably the agenda button icon and the I think it was a tiny bell icon in the day view for events. I have them all in .scrim/ubercalendar/ is the period to hide the folder from the photo app somehow interfering? I had it this way before I had my device wipe but not sure when it stopped working before the wipe and so I just retained the period to hide it from the photo app. In the event that isn't the cause anyone know what is?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    It's scrims/ubercalendar I think MetaView said the hidden folder will be in the next version.
    The new speed up MOD is great. I was able to actually move between the month icon view and the day view in real time. Previously I had to explain to the receptionist how my new phone took so long to update its views.

Awesome work. Keep it up. Any plan to combine the MOD into Ubercalendar in the next release?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  11.    #731  
    Will be part of it in the next release.
    Can we have colored dots for all day events in month view? The way old PalmOS did it.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I too have found that the "new" ubercalendar and speed mod, are working very well. Love having icons in my month view!! I have really missed Agendus, and this is about as close as we can get right now. Thanks for all the effort and help.
    It's scrims/ubercalendar I think MetaView said the hidden folder will be in the next version.
    Double checked I got it spelled correctly I just made a typo in my post. So it is the fact I made it hidden that is preventing it from working so I'll just unhide it for now then and hide it again when the patch is updated.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Can we have colored dots for all day events in month view? The way old PalmOS did it.
    Somehow make it, so user have option to turn it on or off for each individual item, just the series or for every all day item in the calendar
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Just updated to 1.4.5 and see that Ubercalendar isn't playing nice... won't AUPT and won't let me uninstall either. Any help? Can I uninstall it via Internalz? If so, where would I find the patch file... I'm a little lost in there
    Update: still see ipkg error when trying to update, still can't remove... BUT when I open calender, all functionality is there.

??? Who knows???
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    Update: still see ipkg error when trying to update, still can't remove... BUT when I open calender, all functionality is there.

??? Who knows???
    You will have to remove the speedMod patch. You installed it via Internalz, just go into internalz and tap on the speed patch. Tap on open, it should give you the option to uninstall. Then you should be able to update UC. If you want, you can reapply the speed patch after updating UC.

Thanks, that makes sense... Having some trouble finding it though... What directory would it be in?

i'm a linux baby... My programming experience is limited to the TI-994A

How did you get it to your Pre? Did you look in /media/internal/downloads? If you just click on the link in the browser, that's where it will be. Maybe just /media/internal.