Page 36 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You need to replace this file with the original. What version of webOS are you running? Do you know how the file got modified? You can get the file by extracting it from the right webosdoctor. You don't want to run the doctor, just open it with something like 7zip and extract the one file. Send it to the device using WebOS Quick Install. Reboot or restart Luna.
    Thanks. I'm running v1.4.2. I imagine the file got modified by a patch, but I haven't had any other calendar patches since first using UC since early June. I'm not clear on extracting the file from webosdoctor?
    What carrier? We can't post Palm files or I would. If you search the forum, I'm pretty sure there are instruction posted somewhere. If you don't find them, I can look for them tomorrow.
    Can you put in an all day event and see if the color comes in month view? -- with enhanced view off, no speed patch. I'm trying to see if the behavior I'm seeing is true for everyone -- or a change that's hung up on my Pre and I need to doctor to reset, before I fix the patch.
    Yes all day events in mine with enhanced view off without the speed patch applied show in the color of the calendar they belong to. For example I chose red for the holiday's calendar.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    Thanks. I'm running v1.4.2. I imagine the file got modified by a patch, but I haven't had any other calendar patches since first using UC since early June. I'm not clear on extracting the file from webosdoctor?
    follow the procedure listed in this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2306988
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Yes all day events in mine with enhanced view off without the speed patch applied show in the color of the calendar they belong to. For example I chose red for the holiday's calendar.
    The new patch turns this off. I'm not sure if that's what Metaview wants for the direction of the patch, but it does speed up the month view if you turn off enhancedview. It makes it more like the original unpatched month view. Because of a quirk of the month view, you have to turn enhancedview off, then go into week or day view, then back into month view to see the change.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    The new patch turns this off. I'm not sure if that's what Metaview wants for the direction of the patch, but it does speed up the month view if you turn off enhancedview. It makes it more like the original unpatched month view. Because of a quirk of the month view, you have to turn enhancedview off, then go into week or day view, then back into month view to see the change.
    This is my observation on speed as well. I don't have a lot of data so mine might not take as long as others to load but I'm assuming generally speaking if one were to time it like I did may find that double the time (without the speed patch) may be a standard figure. Outside of fixing it so that enhanced view can be toggled on or off anything else change in the speed patch that I should perform another test with it?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    This is my observation on speed as well. I don't have a lot of data so mine might not take as long as others to load but I'm assuming generally speaking if one were to time it like I did may find that double the time (without the speed patch) may be a standard figure. Outside of fixing it so that enhanced view can be toggled on or off anything else change in the speed patch that I should perform another test with it?
    I think you might be right about the speeds. In standard UC, a second call is made for each event. Of course if there's a lot of information in the notes field it could be more than double.

With the speed patch, it removes this second call when enhanced view is on. It will still request extra information, though. I would think it will be slower to load than no UC, but it should be faster than UC without the speed patch. Like standard UC, if there's a lot of information in the notes field it could be more than double.

With the latest mod2 speed patch, I completely eliminated the call for any extra information -- if you turn enhanced view off. So if you test the speed patch with enhanced view off. I would expect similar times to the unpatched calendar in month view -- well except for the time required to read the cookie, process the "if" logic.

If you have the time, I would interested in your findings on the mod2 version.

Thanks.
    Last edited by frantid; 08/08/2010 at 10:07 AM.

follow the procedure listed in this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2306988
    Thank you, I will give it a shot.
    WOW. I just installed the Mod2 for UC. I saw a BIG jump in performance in displaying the icons in the month view and then switching to the day view. THANKS.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    @frantid I tried to install mod2 of the speedpatch with Internalz & got the message install failed. I have UC 1.4.1.1-22 from the first post instaled. I never installed mod1 of the speedpatch. The only other calendar patch I have installed is wrap location field. I'm not near a computer to try quick install & preware doesn't seem to want to see the file to execute it. I can't find any log in Internalz so I don't have any more info. I have a US Verizon Palm Pre Plus w/ 1.4.1.1. Any ideas? Thanks.
    I think you might be right about the speeds. In standard UC, a second call is made for each event. Of course if there's a lot of information in the notes field it could be more than double.

With the speed patch, it removes this second call when enhanced view is on. It will still requests extra information, though. I would think it will be slower to load than no UC, but it should be faster than UC without the speed patch. Like standard UC, if there's a lot of information in the notes field it could be more than double.

With the latest mod2 speed patch, I completely eliminated the call for any extra information -- if you turn enhanced view off. So if you test the speed patch with enhanced view off. I would expect similar times to the unpatched calendar in month view -- well except for the time required to read the cookie, process the "if" logic.

If you have the time, I would interested in your findings on the mod2 version.

Thanks.
    Might be a bit before I can test it again as I just got hit with that stupid no longer signed into your profile while appears to still not be fixed GRRR I'm so upset right now. Everything but messages I can restore as far as I know. But I really needed all those messages to be in the messaging app as I frequently have to refer back to some of them and there is no better way to keep them for that. Anyways will post back when I'm back up and running and tested the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @frantid I tried to install mod2 of the speedpatch with Internalz & got the message install failed. I have UC 1.4.1.1-22 from the first post instaled. I never installed mod1 of the speedpatch. The only other calendar patch I have installed is wrap location field. I'm not near a computer to try quick install & preware doesn't seem to want to see the file to execute it. I can't find any log in Internalz so I don't have any more info. I have a US Verizon Palm Pre Plus w/ 1.4.1.1. Any ideas? Thanks.
    I'll look at the location wrap patch to see if it touches the files.

edit:
    I looked there's nothing in there that should cause a conflict. I have only experienced 1 failed install with internalz. The error was one about failure to download aupt information. I tried it a second time and it worked. I suggest trying the "Emergency File Verification" in Preware. It just looks at your files to see if they are as they are supposed to be. It will give you information about any files that don't match the originals and which files do not match any patches you have installed. It does not make any changes, it is a read only utility.
    Last edited by frantid; 08/08/2010 at 06:39 AM.

Might be a bit before I can test it again as I just got hit with that stupid no longer signed into your profile while appears to still not be fixed GRRR I'm so upset right now. Everything but messages I can restore as far as I know. But I really needed all those messages to be in the messaging app as I frequently have to refer back to some of them and there is no better way to keep them for that. Anyways will post back when I'm back up and running and tested the patch.
    That's gotta hurt. I'd be upset as well. I hope you can get everything back.

It's there at the bottom of that post. It's not in any feed. You have to download then install it with webOS quick Install or Internalz.

You could wait as well. I think Metaview will be back next week, he's been away. There's a small problem he's aware of, just hasn't been able to get to it yet. I included a fix for it in the patch.
    Finally found it... for some reason the link back was directing me to page 16; it's actually on page 32.

Successfully installed with InternalZ (how awesome is THAT app?!) and a quick run through it seems like it does help a good deal. I don't have that much data in the calendars, and it renders very quick the week view (actually had text in fields immediately) and the month view also caught up quickly. All day (colored) events in month view stuttered as scrolled to next month, but corrected within 2 sec or less.

I'll watch it closely and report. Thanks!!!
    That's gotta hurt. I'd be upset as well. I hope you can get everything back.
    I just recovered almost 1,000 zip files using Recova. Looks like I won't be testing the patch any time soon. It's going to take me days to sift through all of these files to recover all my data.
    I just recovered almost 1,000 zip files using Recova. Looks like I won't be testing the patch any time soon. It's going to take me days to sift through all of these files to recover all my data.
    No problem, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWW00 View Post
    this patch is awesome. Works great. One suggestion: color coding for events that aren't all day in the month view.
    +1

I would like to see colored boxes in month view for timed events.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I am using att palm pre plus 1.45 rom. when I try to install this patch , it gave me error information. It said Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1

1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to files usr/palm/applications/com.palm.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

2 out of 4 hunks FAILED--saving rejects to files usr/palm/applications/com.palm.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Any help? Thanks
    There probably is another patch counteracting the patch you are trying to install. Delete your other calendar patches.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Thank you. It counteracted a patch call More reminder alarm times. After I uninstall that path. everything work fine.