Page 34 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Is it somehow possible to make google weather not come as a all day event in the month view?
    I haven't yet, been able to find a reliable way to detect with a javascript which calendar is the google weather calendar. It's calendarId differs from device or from location -- I haven't been able to find the way Palm or Google determines the calendarId. I'm still looking, maybe someone else knows.

I think what would be better, would be a preference type list that the user chooses. But that's probably a large undertaking. Metaview has already put a lot of work into this patch, I just got lucky and found a way to try to speed it up.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
    @frantid: calendar-name is "Wetter" and subject is "Vorhersage für Nordhausen (21° | 10°)"
    the new speed is awesome!
    I modified the patch to attempt to get temperatures into week view. If you don't care about this you don't have to do anything. If you want to try the new one, you have to uninstall, restart luna, download new, install, restart luna.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    updated and... YES, Sir - works now here! What ever you did - great idea!
    thanks again!
    don't know if this has been discussed, but can week view be made to fit the screen? So that vertical scrolling isn't required to see the entire week?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I second that.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've been talking to Metaview about a mod on ubercalendar to attempt decreasing some of the delay.

So I have made a patch to the ubercalendar.patch. I know a patch on a patch is never a good thing, but it will allow those brave enough -- to test it without having to remove ubercalendar first. Also it means there won't be another version of ubercalendar out in the wild.
    I verified that preware versions 1.4.5-19 and 1.4.1-35 are the same versions of the patch as the one in the first page. So if you check your version number in Preware and it matches, you can test the patch on the patch.

Hi! First of all, congrats. This patch looks great!

I don't know if this is the first comment from a Spanish Pre owner, but I couldn't install Ubercalendar via Preware. I tried to find any similar post about this but I found nothing.

I just tap on the install button and get the same error message again and again. Here is a copy of the ipkg log:
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    80 34112 80 27488 0 0 1553 0 0:00:21 0:00:17 0:00:04 4934
    100 34112 100 34112 0 0 1839 0 0:00:18 0:00:18 --:--:-- 4881
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by pertus View Post
    Hi! First of all, congrats. This patch looks great!

I don't know if this is the first comment from a Spanish Pre owner, but I couldn't install Ubercalendar via Preware. I tried to find any similar post about this but I found nothing.

I just tap on the install button and get the same error message again and again. Here is a copy of the ipkg log:
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    80 34112 80 27488 0 0 1553 0 0:00:21 0:00:17 0:00:04 4934
    100 34112 100 34112 0 0 1839 0 0:00:18 0:00:18 --:--:-- 4881
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    You need to remove all and by all I mean ALL calendar patches before installing uber calendar.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    had something weird happen today. I was in an office, and wanted to make an appointment in November. There was no data signal in the office. I opened the caledar app, and it wouldn't show any dates past Sept. 7.

is this an ubercalendar glitch, or just a random thing? Any opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    had something weird happen today. I was in an office, and wanted to make an appointment in November. There was no data signal in the office. I opened the caledar app, and it wouldn't show any dates past Sept. 7.

is this an ubercalendar glitch, or just a random thing? Any opinions?
    Very easy to test, place your phone on airplane mode and see if calendar works. Under default airplane mode, both 3G and wifi and 2g are off. See if your calendar still works. If it doesnt work please restart your device (full reboot) and try again. Post your results here again.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Just put my phone in airplane mode.... hadn't used the calendar all day..... opened calendar using month view went month by month to next August, went into the day for Aug 5th 2011, and was able to make an appointment.

Ohhh and I am running the latest version of Uber (at least as far as I know) for 1.4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Very easy to test, place your phone on airplane mode and see if calendar works. Under default airplane mode, both 3G and wifi and 2g are off. See if your calendar still works. If it doesnt work please restart your device (full reboot) and try again. Post your results here again.
    I doubt that's a valid test, as the phone KNOWS when it's in airplane mode. Back a few system updates ago I sometimes put my phone in airplane mode just to get the calendar to load faster, instead of waiting for it to synch everything. Today the phone was clearly hanging on something - when I set it to "jump to date" and told it a day in November, the application hung, and I couldn't even quit, I had to close it. I think it would know to give up if it had been in airplane mode.

Maybe I'll try again from the basement and see what happens there.
    puzzle ..... did you see my post. I know the phone knows it's in airplane mode. But going thru the entire year ALL of the holidays (I sync the google holiday calendar) were there to next year.

I guess it is possible that you have a huge amount of scheduling that doesn't allow your phone to cache as far forward as mine (but if that is the case, it is not the fault of uber calendar and is then the fault of either the cloud calendar you are using or the calendar program by default).

With that said, sorry if I missed it, what calendar(s) are you syncing with? That may be your issue, just as with e-mail I would assume different calendars may sync at different parameters.
    I synch with 18 Google calendars and Flightview.

My point is that prior to some OS upgrade, the gadget used to TRY to synch with all the calendars every time I opened it, and I got an enormous speed upgrade when it stopped doing that. It's not that the cache info was bad or missing, it's that the application chose not to use it.

The behavior I saw today with Ubercalendar running made me wonder if it's doing that again, and if it froze because it wanted to synch and didn't realize that it couldn't. I'm probably going to remove Uercalendar soon anyway, because it definitely slows the calendar down a lot. The subject-in-week-mode is great, but honestly, that's the only part of Ubercalendar that is really useful to me. I've never needed to know the number of the week, for instance.

Hmmm, actually, Ubercalendar slows down the app . . . like, back to before Palm figured out they didn't have to synch every time you opened it. . . This was just a more dramatic calendar failure than I've seen before, and I wondered if anyone else had seen it or knew what caused it.

Also, if it is an issue with Ubercalendar synching more than is optimal, I wanted to make that known to the developer, as he might want to address that in a future release. I will try opening the calendar in the basement, and see if I can reproduce the problem.
    Okay, here's the results of my tests:

Calendar has been working fine all afternoon, when I was in range of data.
    I closed the calendar app, turned the phone to airplane mode, and opened calendar.
    Worked GREAT, much faster than usual. I was able to see the titles of appointments in week mode well into the future.
    I closed the calendar app, turned off airplane mode, and turned off wifi (there's a wifi signal in my basement, but no evdo signal.)
    Went to the basement and opened the calendar app.

Couldn't get out of August. It wouldn't even let me scroll the month to September.

So yeah, I think it tries to synch and locks up when it fails to do so. I haven't proved that, I could just have some other glitch, but it sure looks like that's the problem to me.

On the plus side, I've learned that I can avoid the horrible slowness of Ubercalendar by turning off data. . . And I do like the titles. Maybe I'll keep the patch a little longer. But please put in a vote for less frequent data synching!
    good to know, if I ever have issues I will keep this in mind, I do need to sync 1 or 2 more calendars, but that won't put me close to the amount of data you are using (still wondering if I could get my wife to actually put her work sched into the phone cuz then I would sync that calendar too).
    The multiple calendars are terrific, because the color coding makes it so easy to find stuff. We have one for me, one for my husband, one for each kid, one for "friends and family" and private calendars for stuff we do a lot of (one for puzzle events, for instance.) We also subscribe to several external calendars for holidays, school events, and so forth. I also publish two public calendars for clubs that I help organize.

None of those calendars has tons of data in it, (Except maybe the school performing arts one) but I'm sure it takes a certain amount of time to fetch each one.
    Yeah I love the multiple calendars for sure. I just don't have as much going on, partially because I don't need to or have any desire to sync my work Outlook stuff I can login via web browser to my complete EAS if I feel I need to (thankfully my job doesn't require me to keep up on it). Also, since we have no children (other than dogs and cars) we don't have all those extra calendars to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    Here's a whole boatload of icons I created Friday/Saturday for use in this FABULOUS UC Patch. Pick and choose which icons you use (i.e., icon-money.png could be used for tax day, rent, mortgage, tuition, car payment, etc.). Or get creative and make your own scaled icons. Just remember what you named your icon so that you can put it in your event note to be certain it will show up (ICON=money; ). I found it's vital to include the semi-colon in the naming scheme. My icons are now all 12x12 and most show in Month view fine. Not sure why some do and some don't show in week/day views (???). I thought it might have been that some of my icons were too big so the below zipped file has now been replaced with all 12x12 icons and a few new added images. Hopefully, someone knows why not all show in week/day views. If your icon isn't showing, double check to verify you typed the name correctly in the event note and include the semi-colon also go to the calendar menu and be sure enhanced view is enabled. If you forget what you named your icon, you can always use Internalz to verify the name.

I love having the icons show in my Month view and hopefully will get them to work in week/day views as well. It's a little "thank you" to everyone here for helping me these past few months "pimp my pre". There are icons here for recreation, family, business, holidays, financial, pets, travel, seasons, etc. Have fun and enjoy and remember the thank you button!

Attachment 49893

Attachment 49894

P.S. - from what I can determine, only those icons originally named in MetaView's original list of eight (birthday, car, kids, doctor, plane, holiday, vacation, party) in first post are designed to show in all views (month, day, week). The icons included in my zip will show in month but not the other views. In other words, my icon-flag.png (which I used for all holidays) only shows in month view but if renamed to icon-holiday.png (per MetaView's first post) will then show in the week and day views also. I tested this by renaming my icon-flag.png file to icon-holiday.png and renaming my event note to ICON=holiday; and now the icon shows correctly in all three views. Must be in MetaView's original code. I had two kinds of party icons; one for adult parties (icon-aparty.png) and one for children's parties (icon-kparty.png) which each have a different image. If I want the party icons to show in week and day views (as well as month), I'll need to remove my two icon versions (icon-aparty.png and icon-kparty.png), select a new image that will work for both types of parties, name it icon-party.png and then correct my naming scheme in each entry in event note to read ICON=party;. Hope this helps and makes sense to all. If you use your month view mostly, you can use any of my icons and include the name in the event code field of your calendar entry. However, if you want the icons to show in all views, you'll need to stick with the original eight names of birthday, car, kids, doctor, plane, holiday, vacation, party for that to work correctly. You can though, change each of those images to one you might like and identify with better and save it as a 12x12 pixel image). As an example, my Jack-o-lantern icon (icon-jacko.png) shows fine in month view but not in either week or day since it is not one of MetaView's original eight.

am still not having success with putting an icon on whole day events... icons show up in times events but not whole day ones... any ideas?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I added a very long event to my calendar indicating a time frame I'm out of town. It occurs over 7 days from X date/time to Y date/time. Is it possible to make this span across the days in month view rather than looking just like every other one day+time event? Also I think it might be worth comparing having enhanced view on and off. I am going to try it over the next few days to compared but I think having enhanced view on is one factor in slowing down loading.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.