Page 33 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
  1.    #641  
    .scrims will come in the next update
  2. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #642  
    I continue to get the IPKG error as follows:

    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 34112 100 34112 0 0 99k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 141k

    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }

    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    5 out of 18 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)

    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Do I replace those 2 files (in red above) with the repair utility, or do I delete the files?

    EFV reports no errors suggesting that there are no files changed improperly.

    Thanks for any advice.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  3.    #643  
    replace them
  4. #644  
    edit: Sept 7. removed patch. please see this post for an updated version of UC

    note new file name. uninstall original speed_mod_UberC.patch, restart Luna, download speed_mod2_UberC.patch, install, restart Luna.

    Hi everyone,

    I've been talking to Metaview about a mod on ubercalendar to attempt decreasing some of the delay.

    So I have made a patch to the ubercalendar.patch. I know a patch on a patch is never a good thing, but it will allow those brave enough -- to test it without having to remove ubercalendar first. Also it means there won't be another version of ubercalendar out in the wild.

    Please read the following !!!

    • This patch requires ubercalendar already be applied. You need to have a working version. It won't fix a non-working ubercalendar.
    • It requires the use of the ubercalendar version from the first post or Preware versions 1.4.1-35 & 1.4.5-19
    • It is not in any feed, nor will it be. If all goes well, Metaview will include it in the next version. Think of it as a beta.
    • You will have to download it and install and Luna restart (I used Internalz to install and uninstall when testing) If you don't know how to do this, you can search this thread as others have posted solutions.
    • If it gives you problems, just uninstall it. You do not have to uninstall ubercalendar to get rid of it.


    So if I haven't scared everybody off. It attempts to prevent the need for the second pull of data when you first start the calendar. If you usually leave the calendar open and rarely make changes, you might not see much of an improvement. This is because your data is probably already in the cache. I did not see a big difference in month view, but I don't have a lot of data. I see the biggest change in week view.

    I added two changes. If you have google weather in your calendar, it will attempt to put the temperatures that appear between () as the title of the all day events in week view. Second, you should now be able to select which calendar you want displayed in month view and it will adjust accordingly.

    If you have problems please post here for all to see. I will be out for a few of hours tonight, so I haven't posted and run. I'll reply as soon as I can.

    PS. I've discovered if you have large notes in your calendar entries -- 5 or more lines on every calendar entry. Your calendar will be slow and ubercalendar and this patch won't help it.
    Last edited by frantid; 09/07/2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: removed patch patch
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  5. #645  
    Installed the patch on top of the patch. 1st impression looks good. I noticed faster loading when switching between month and day view.

    thanks,
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6. #646  
    wow! works really great here! week view is A LOT faster with your patch now - thanks!

    PS: temperatur doesn´t work - no change here!
    Last edited by wolfi; 08/02/2010 at 03:52 PM.
  7. #647  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    PS. I've discovered if you have large notes in your calendar entries -- 5 or more lines on every calendar entry. Your calendar will be slow and ubercalendar and this patch won't help it.
    Can you talk more about this? Why does the size of the noted affect speed? My wife has tons of stuff in her noted and does wish for more speed. It'll be hard to get her to change since she's been doing it ever since I talked her into getting a Visor so I'll need some ammo to get her to change.
  8. #648  
    @wolfi, glad it works. Can you tell me what the subject line of your google weather entry is? Unfortunately, from what I can tell the calenderId that WebOS or google assigns to the google weather calendar is different for each device or weather location???? not sure, I know it's not the same on my Pre versus the emulator. So I just keyed off of "Forecast" as the first word.

    @govotos. Most of a calendar entry is pretty small. 16 sets of numbers, text strings, etc. So if you're adding in a lot of text to the note you are increasing the size of the entry. More memory required, more time to load the entry. At least that's my guess without knowing anything about the internal workings of the calendar service.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  9. #649  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
    PS: temperatur doesn´t work - no change here!
    Can you provide the name of your google weather calendar? You can get it easily by tapping the calendar selector button -- which usually says "all".

    If yours says "Weather", I might have a way to figure it out. Are your temperatures in "()" as well?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  10. #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I've been talking to Metaview about a mod on ubercalendar to attempt decreasing some of the delay.

    So I have made a patch to the ubercalendar.patch. I know a patch on a patch is never a good thing, but it will allow those brave enough -- to test it without having to remove ubercalendar first. Also it means there won't be another version of ubercalendar out in the wild.

    Please read the following !!!

    • This patch requires ubercalendar already be applied. You need to have a working version. It won't fix a non-working ubercalendar.
    • It requires the use of the ubercalendar version from the first post. If in doubt, uninstall the version you have and download the one from the first post.
    • It is not in any feed, nor will it be. If all goes well, Metaview will include it in the next version. Think of it as a beta.
    • You will have to download it and install and Luna restart, just like you did with the version in the first post. (I used Internalz to install and uninstall when testing) If you don't know how to do this then you don't have the right version of ubercalendar installed.
    • If it gives you problems, just uninstall it. You do not have to uninstall ubercalendar to get rid of it.


    So if I haven't scared everybody off. It attempts to prevent the need for the second pull of data when you first start the calendar. If you usually leave the calendar open and rarely make changes, you might not see much of an improvement. This is because your data is probably already in the cache. I did not see a big difference in month view, but I don't have a lot of data. I see the biggest change in week view.

    I added two changes. If you have google weather in your calendar, it will attempt to put the temperatures that appear between () as the title of the all day events in week view. Second, you should now be able to select which calendar you want displayed in month view and it will adjust accordingly.

    If you have problems please post here for all to see. I will be out for a few of hours tonight, so I haven't posted and run. I'll reply as soon as I can.

    PS. I've discovered if you have large notes in your calendar entries -- 5 or more lines on every calendar entry. Your calendar will be slow and ubercalendar and this patch won't help it.

    Is it somehow possible to make google weather not come as a all day event in the month view?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  11. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #651  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    replace them
    Thanks, worked like a charm and I finally have Uber back on my Pre.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  12. #652  
    is it possible to show icons for whole day events? I can't seem to be able to add icons on them, only timed events.

    I have UC 1.4.1-35 if that helps
  13. #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    is it possible to show icons for whole day events? I can't seem to be able to add icons on them, only timed events.

    I have UC 1.4.1-35 if that helps
    Icons are added for whole day exactly like the timed day icons. Plus make sure enhanced view is clicked in months view (separate from weeks view)
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  14. #654  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @govotos. Most of a calendar entry is pretty small. 16 sets of numbers, text strings, etc. So if you're adding in a lot of text to the note you are increasing the size of the entry. More memory required, more time to load the entry. At least that's my guess without knowing anything about the internal workings of the calendar service.
    So if I'm understanding you right, long noted just affect the time taken to open the detail view of an event, but not daily / week / month views? Or are those affected too? Noted don't get accessed for those right?
  15. #655  
    Dear Sir,

    I visit clients each day and, every day, I copy the day's appointment with them to a new date. So, what I'm desperate for is a decent Calendar patch that can make coping an event as easy as it was with the Treos!!

    In the old days, you could just press on the day-view screen (without having to open the event) with your stylus, a little pop-up menu would appear, and then you'd copy then go to the new day and press and paste. A snap!

    Now, even with the "Edit Event As New" homebrew patch, it still seems to take too long. I have to open the event, then pull down the menu, then go to the new date WHICH TAKES WAY TOO LONG ON THE PRE! Sorry, getting a little carried away...

    PLEASE, make copy and paste events FASTER! (If you already did this and I didn't notice, go ahead and slap me...but first, tell me how to do it!)

    "Thank you for your time and attention to this matter."
  16. #656  
    Here's a whole boatload of icons I created Friday/Saturday for use in this FABULOUS UC Patch. Pick and choose which icons you use (i.e., icon-money.png could be used for tax day, rent, mortgage, tuition, car payment, etc.). Or get creative and make your own scaled icons. Just remember what you named your icon so that you can put it in your event note to be certain it will show up (ICON=money; ). I found it's vital to include the semi-colon in the naming scheme. My icons are now all 12x12 and most show in Month view fine. Not sure why some do and some don't show in week/day views (???). I thought it might have been that some of my icons were too big so the below zipped file has now been replaced with all 12x12 icons and a few new added images. Hopefully, someone knows why not all show in week/day views. If your icon isn't showing, double check to verify you typed the name correctly in the event note and include the semi-colon also go to the calendar menu and be sure enhanced view is enabled. If you forget what you named your icon, you can always use Internalz to verify the name.

    I love having the icons show in my Month view and hopefully will get them to work in week/day views as well. It's a little "thank you" to everyone here for helping me these past few months "pimp my pre". There are icons here for recreation, family, business, holidays, financial, pets, travel, seasons, etc. Have fun and enjoy and remember the thank you button!

    calendar_2010-31-07_175730.png

    UberCalender Icon Set.zip

    P.S. - from what I can determine, only those icons originally named in MetaView's original list of eight (birthday, car, kids, doctor, plane, holiday, vacation, party) in first post are designed to show in all views (month, day, week). The icons included in my zip will show in month but not the other views. In other words, my icon-flag.png (which I used for all holidays) only shows in month view but if renamed to icon-holiday.png (per MetaView's first post) will then show in the week and day views also. I tested this by renaming my icon-flag.png file to icon-holiday.png and renaming my event note to ICON=holiday; and now the icon shows correctly in all three views. Must be in MetaView's original code. I had two kinds of party icons; one for adult parties (icon-aparty.png) and one for children's parties (icon-kparty.png) which each have a different image. If I want the party icons to show in week and day views (as well as month), I'll need to remove my two icon versions (icon-aparty.png and icon-kparty.png), select a new image that will work for both types of parties, name it icon-party.png and then correct my naming scheme in each entry in event note to read ICON=party;. Hope this helps and makes sense to all. If you use your month view mostly, you can use any of my icons and include the name in the event code field of your calendar entry. However, if you want the icons to show in all views, you'll need to stick with the original eight names of birthday, car, kids, doctor, plane, holiday, vacation, party for that to work correctly. You can though, change each of those images to one you might like and identify with better and save it as a 12x12 pixel image). As an example, my Jack-o-lantern icon (icon-jacko.png) shows fine in month view but not in either week or day since it is not one of MetaView's original eight.
    Last edited by qwiklight; 08/03/2010 at 03:03 AM. Reason: added p.s.
  17. #657  
    @frantid: calendar-name is "Wetter" and subject is "Vorhersage für Nordhausen (21° | 10°)"
    the new speed is awesome!
  18. #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Icons are added for whole day exactly like the timed day icons. Plus make sure enhanced view is clicked in months view (separate from weeks view)
    yes I did that already, I can see the icons in the week and month view of the timed events bit not the whole day events.

    thanks
  19. #659  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    So if I'm understanding you right, long noted just affect the time taken to open the detail view of an event, but not daily / week / month views? Or are those affected too? Noted don't get accessed for those right?
    In the normal unpatched calendar, notes are only loaded into memory in the day view and editing of course.

    In Ubercalendar notes are loaded in all views, this is the only way to determine if there's an icon set for the event.

    Hopefully, Palm will introduce some type of category field for the events. Then it would not be a concern. Personally, I would not want to radically modify the event model -- you never know what might break if you did, and I'm not familiar with all the different calendar models (Exchange, iCal, Google, Outlook, etc) I'm sure there's a reason they did not include categories the first time through.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  20. #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    Here's a whole boatload of icons I created Friday/Saturday for use in this FABULOUS UC Patch. Pick and choose which icons you use (i.e., icon-money.png could be used for tax day, rent, mortgage, tuition, car payment, etc.). Or get creative and make your own scaled icons. Just remember what you named your icon so that you can put it in your event note to be certain it will show up (ICON=money; ). I found it's vital to include the semi-colon in the naming scheme. My icons are now all 12x12 and most show in Month view fine. Not sure why some do and some don't show in week/day views (???). I thought it might have been that some of my icons were too big so the below zipped file has now been replaced with all 12x12 icons and a few new added images. Hopefully, someone knows why not all show in week/day views. If your icon isn't showing, double check to verify you typed the name correctly in the event note and include the semi-colon also go to the calendar menu and be sure enhanced view is enabled. If you forget what you named your icon, you can always use Internalz to verify the name.

    I love having the icons show in my Month view and hopefully will get them to work in week/day views as well. It's a little "thank you" to everyone here for helping me these past few months "pimp my pre". There are icons here for recreation, family, business, holidays, financial, pets, travel, seasons, etc. Have fun and enjoy and remember the thank you button!

    calendar_2010-31-07_175730.png

    UberCalender Icon Set.zip

    P.S. - from what I can determine, only those icons originally named in MetaView's original list of eight (birthday, car, kids, doctor, plane, holiday, vacation, party) in first post are designed to show in all views (month, day, week). The icons included in my zip will show in month but not the other views. In other words, my icon-flag.png (which I used for all holidays) only shows in month view but if renamed to icon-holiday.png (per MetaView's first post) will then show in the week and day views also. I tested this by renaming my icon-flag.png file to icon-holiday.png and renaming my event note to ICON=holiday; and now the icon shows correctly in all three views. Must be in MetaView's original code. I had two kinds of party icons; one for adult parties (icon-aparty.png) and one for children's parties (icon-kparty.png) which each have a different image. If I want the party icons to show in week and day views (as well as month), I'll need to remove my two icon versions (icon-aparty.png and icon-kparty.png), select a new image that will work for both types of parties, name it icon-party.png and then correct my naming scheme in each entry in event note to read ICON=party;. Hope this helps and makes sense to all. If you use your month view mostly, you can use any of my icons and include the name in the event code field of your calendar entry. However, if you want the icons to show in all views, you'll need to stick with the original eight names of birthday, car, kids, doctor, plane, holiday, vacation, party for that to work correctly. You can though, change each of those images to one you might like and identify with better and save it as a 12x12 pixel image). As an example, my Jack-o-lantern icon (icon-jacko.png) shows fine in month view but not in either week or day since it is not one of MetaView's original eight.
    this is the reason I have icons not showing in month view and some views for that matter. Hopefully there wil come a time when al views will be supported.

    still an awesome patch

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions