Page 32 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282132 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    yes, but it turns out I didn't wait long enough for all the data to download. It tok quite a while for the titles to display after all the olored boxes showed up. Can others comment on how long it takes for them? Is my problem that I have too many google calendars? It's nearly unusable at this speed. My biggest complaint with the alendar app is that it's too slow, and this seems to triple the lag time.
    When you have a lot of info in your calendar, UC can seem slow - especially in month view. It's not UC's fault really, it's because of the limitations of the application interface from Palm. If you use UC, you really need to overclock your phone. Look at UberKernel in Preware & use the screenstate 800 / 500 MHz mode.
    Just wanted to let everyone know (at least for 1.4.1) the Preware patch is fixed, just updated today and all is good, new features are there, etc.
    Is there any way to patch the calendar so that the location field is a lot longer? I have a lot of conference calls on my calendar -- the current fairly short fixed length field means that I don't end up seeing the necessary call-in info, making the webos calendar pretty much useless for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottegos2 View Post
    Is there any way to patch the calendar so that the location field is a lot longer? I have a lot of conference calls on my calendar -- the current fairly short fixed length field means that I don't end up seeing the necessary call-in info, making the webos calendar pretty much useless for me.

Dont understand what you are asking for,so the answer probably is not right but 1) Try compressed view under menu for day view
    2) Tried wrap location field patch
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottegos2 View Post
    Yes. Use the wrap location patch. It's one of the few calendar patches compatible with UberCalendar. That is, of course, until MetaView adds this function to UC too and makes another patch unnecessary again
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know (at least for 1.4.1) the Preware patch is fixed, just updated today and all is good, new features are there, etc.
    Same here. Glad to have it working again.
    Great patch!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Ultimately having many patches rolled into one that allows options that users can turn on or off etc make for a better patching IMO. I like uber calendar and advanced configuration launcher because of this. They really make each thing better. And feel like they were designed that way and not just something patched in for lack of better words. Because of uber calendar everything I wanted made better etc with the calendar is taken care of. Agenda adds the one other thing not built into the calendar.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Don't think this is possible, but was wondering if there was some way in month view to exclude certain calendars with all day events from filling the day with the calendar color? For example, if you subscribe to the <Your country here> Holidays calendar and Weather from google or Tripit (via google calendar), those will fill up the day in Month view when they're really "info only" that don't take up the entire day.

Thanks for the great patch!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Don't think this is possible, but was wondering if there was some way in month view to exclude certain calendars with all day events from filling the day with the calendar color? For example, if you subscribe to the <Your country here> Holidays calendar and Weather from google or Tripit (via google calendar), those will fill up the day in Month view when they're really "info only" that don't take up the entire day.

An ideal thing would be if an all day event instead of coloring the entire day, just have the numerical date colored differently in the month view, along with a small icon on the far lower left of the date in the month view?
  11.    #631  
    what about the small colored dots from palmos?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    An ideal thing would be if an all day event instead of coloring the entire day, just have the numerical date colored differently in the month view, along with a small icon on the far lower left of the date in the month view?
    Come to think of it, WebOS is about choices, so all day event should have choices as well. Lets see if it's weather, one go into the event, and then there should be an option to display that particular all day event (better if series) in months view or not. That would be perfect. That would make uber calendar a uber square calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post

I would like this, too. Even better would be if instead of filling the day, it just created a colored line across the top (or a colored dot) so you could see what calendar was generating the all day event, but it didn't cover the whole box.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Patch from Preware works great now with 1.4.5 from Bell with the exception of the Snooze PopUp box, When you get a reminder for an event and you click the button to select a snooze duration, the popup box show up on the left and overlaps the dismiss button. Note: the Original Calendar Snooze Duration is doing this now as well since 1.4.5
    MetaView, I think you might have answered this before but I just want t make sure. No matter what's in Preware, the patch attached to post one of this thread will always be the most recent stable version right? When you post a new version here, could you drop a message here t notify? I don't often think to check the first post to see if there's been an update. Thanks
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I installed Uber-Calendar today, and it's nice so far, but any icons I attach to my event (using the ICON=birthday; etc naming scheme) only show up in day view. Any ideas why they aren't showing up in week/month view?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I installed Uber-Calendar today, and it's nice so far, but any icons I attach to my event (using the ICON=birthday; etc naming scheme) only show up in day view. Any ideas why they aren't showing up in week/month view?
    Stupid question. In week & month views have you gone to the menu & enabled enhanced view? You need to do this for each view - it's not a universal setting.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Stupid question. In week & month views have you gone to the menu & enabled enhanced view? You need to do this for each view - it's not a universal setting.
    Working now! I had actually done this already as I suspected this was the issue, but they didn't show up right away. I can't remember if something or other I did after required a Luna restart, but maybe something like that happened and fixed it all...

Is there any way to make the ubercalendar images folder invisible to the native Photos app? I hate seeing big blurry icons appear in there!
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Working now! I had actually done this already as I suspected this was the issue, but they didn't show up right away. I can't remember if something or other I did after required a Luna restart, but maybe something like that happened and fixed it all...

Is there any way to make the ubercalendar images folder invisible to the native Photos app? I hate seeing big blurry icons appear in there!
    I tried to make the folder .scrims, but it didnot work, the folder was hidden but ubercalendar couldnt find the images. That was few months back. Who knows now... One can also individually make the files hidden by using internalz but I think the folder still appears in the photo's app.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I tried to make the folder .scrims, but it didnot work, the folder was hidden but ubercalendar couldnt find the images. That was few months back. Who knows now... One can also individually make the files hidden by using internalz but I think the folder still appears in the photo's app.
    Yeah, it looks like /scrims (no period) is hardcoded into the patch. There was some discussion a while ago. Maybe we can reopen the issue and MetaView can look at using the hidden /.scrims directory that some other apps already use. Plus it would help keep root less cluttered with one less directory.