Page 31 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    thanks, installed just fine after removing the file.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I have also lost UberCalendar while attempting an update from Preware. I also tried the Internalz install and it failed also with the following:

Error

Patch installation failed.

1 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    5 out of 18 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  3.    #603  
    The preware patch is back to work since some hours.

prefs-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $reminder$-$assistant$.$js$ $looks$ $like$ $additional$ $reminder$ $patch$ $still$ $installed$.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Removed the two files and still will not install.

5.    #605  
    Removed the files? No, you need to ensure you don't have any other calendar patch installed. If you sure there is no other patch anymore but you still get the errors, you better replace the files with fresh ones from the matching webos doctor. Look here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...79#post2582220
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Doctored my Pre and install from preware worked. Thank you.

Icons on the top row of month view are cut in half, only the lower half visible. Any way to fix that?

Also, any progress on making month-view icons visible when there's an all day event?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  8.    #608  
    Do you use the default icon set? For me the icons fit in month view.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Icons on the top row of month view are cut in half, only the lower half visible. Any way to fix that?

Also, any progress on making month-view icons visible when there's an all day event?
    Best to keep the size between 12 x 12 pixels to probably max out at 20x20 pixels.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I also got caught with a IPKG error during a recent UC update and had my UC deleted and was receiving IPKG errors trying to re-install it. Reading some of the posts here, I realized I should delete any calendar patches I had, so I deleted the following patches:

• Reminder Times Patch v2
    • Snooze Duration Selection

Following removal of these patches and a Luna restart, I get another but different IPKG error log, which is:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 34112 100 34112 0 0 99k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 141k

identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }

mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    5 out of 18 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)

delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I ran EFV after this and it installed, so seems like patched files are still in good shape.

Is there anything I can do to install UC again?

Thank you.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Do you use the default icon set? For me the icons fit in month view.
    Yes, using the default icons for now. It's only the top row of days. Not currently where I can post a screenshot, but look at the one in this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/2513908-post309.html

See how on 1st & 3rd only the lower half of the icon is showing? It's doing that for all of mine for any day that's on that top row.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I updated using the patch in post #1 yesterday, now Preware is telling me I have an update available. Should I just ignore that one? (I'm guessing it should be the same version I have already).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I recently got an Update available in Preware, I simply installed it and now my Ubercalendar does not work anymore, it simply does not display anything. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not work. I'm trying to patch manually now.
    I just installed UberCalendar and I am not seeing event subjects in week view (which was the primary reason I installed it.) Also, while I do have a new working menu button for Agenda (which I had previously installed), there is no icon on the button; it is just a blank gray button (the screenshot in the first post shows that it should have four vertical light-gray lines.) Any ideas what's wrong? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Agenda, to no avail. (Also tried rebooting the phone, or course.) Thanks!
    Try reinstalling Uber Calendar from the patch included in the first post in this thread.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Thanks Metaview and all that offered help and advice.

I did the file restore using Jason's WOSRepair Utility. (HUGE shout-out to Jason! Thank you!)

Metaview, thank you especially. I'd brainfarted on the specifics of the file restore bit.

For anyone interested, you just fire up WOSRepair Utility, choose 'Restore specific file' from the tools menu and, if you refer to my posted error log here (post#584):

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2581999

You send whatever files noted in your error log happen to be to your phone. The first of the five in my error log, as you will see at post #584, was this:

usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs

Or as Metaview stated whatever files are prefaced by "saving rejects into". I just copied and pasted each string right from my posted log.

With each file transfer, you'll get a 'success' message in WOSRepair interface (if you did it right) and your phone will restart. Just work your way thru the files in your error log denoted by the 'saving rejects to' preface.

Then try installing the patch by your method of choice. Preware worked for me. Yep, all good again!

Again, thanks all that offered help and advice. You guys and gals rock harder than Keith Richards on smack.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Hi MetaView,

I just bought UberRadio. It's not really an app I'd usually look for, but with all the headaches you've been going through lately with UberCalendar, 99 was the least I could do.

With all the wonderful support you provide, I encourage other UC users to do the same.

UberCalendar is a really incredible patch and has become one of the truly indispensable tools on my Pre. Your support is amazing. This kind of support is not to be taken for granted. It happens so rarely these days that when someone like you comes along it's really appreciated.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Panagiotis
    Quote Originally Posted by Samizdat2003 View Post
    I just installed UberCalendar and I am not seeing event subjects in week view (which was the primary reason I installed it.)
    I had exactly the same problem.

is the preware version likely to do this soon? I'm reluctant to manually add patches. Any other suggestions for making that feature work, either within ubercalendar or eslewhere?
  19.    #619  
    @govotsos: thx
    @puzzlegal: did you enable enhanced view?
    Thanks, MetaView! I was about to do what jjeffcoat suggest (uninstall & re-install from patch file in first post) when I saw your suggestion to puzzlegal. Enabling enhanced view solved my no-subjects-in-week-view problem. Then I added the icons to /scrims/ubercalendar and fixed my other problem. (I hadn't realized I'd still need to add the icons manually even if I installed the patch via Preware instead of WOSQI.)