Page 30 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by abnimmers View Post
    having same issues after downloading update in preware, reverted to stock calender. removed and reinstalled serveral times to no affect. tried to use webquickinstall. still not working. will wait for fix.
    Grab the patch from the first page of this thread and install it via quick install like you did before. If you already did that then try to uninstall the notification patch for the calender and snooze duration if you have either of them.
    ok will install internalz and try this. thanks.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Meta -- The changes look great. One bit of feedback. The snooze duration (new format) is a bit tricky -- I get a scrolling list that seems to scroll underneath the calendar & the buttons below. Although it certainly works (and is better than no options), it's not the easiest to use. Let me know if you want more details.
  4.    #584  
    Thx, I know it and will fix it when I find the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    No ideas, but it seems something went wrong when submitting to webosinternals or they made a mistake. I'm sorry and will check it tonight.
    This happened to one of my patches. Basically a bad file transfer resulted in the patch file being blank. Uploading it again will fix it.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I've tried WOSQI, Dropify (after trying with Preware) and I get along list of failed hunks and, of course, a failed install. I'll try and post a log in a bit with the hopes someone might be able to help. Though if anyone has any thoughts in the meantime it would be greatly appreciated. I love this patch and really do *need* to get it back on my Pre. This patch makes keeping track of mine and my girl's unbelievable hectic schedules manageable.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    thanks guys, followed instructions to the letter, worked perfectly. this is my favorite patch so u saved me a lot of grief.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    I've tried WOSQI, Dropify (after trying with Preware) and I get along list of failed hunks and, of course, a failed install. I'll try and post a log in a bit with the hopes someone might be able to help. Though if anyone has any thoughts in the meantime it would be greatly appreciated. I love this patch and really do *need* to get it back on my Pre. This patch makes keeping track of mine and my girl's unbelievable hectic schedules manageable.
    Delete snooze duration patch or calender notification repeat patch
    Yep, been there & done that too. Actually, did that after Preware failed to install and before the other methods were tried.

Thank you though! I appreciate your taking the time! Truly!
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    check other calender patches, mine failed to load because i had "default to monthly view" patch. uninstalled it and uber cal loaded immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    Yep, been there & done that too. Actually, did that after Preware failed to install and before the other methods were tried.

Thank you though! I appreciate your taking the time! Truly!
    How are you downloading the file exactly?
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:18 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    the newest version of internalz will install patches....i installed from post 1....email yourself the patch file, then open the email on your pre, then click the patch attachment, once it downloads to the pre click it again and internalz will automatically open, click the install button in internalz and it will install.....
    Well that works much better than my method.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:18 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    How are you downloading the file exactly?
    One way is the way described here:

Originally Posted by vbockius
    the newest version of internalz will install patches....i installed from post 1....email yourself the patch file, then open the email on your pre, then click the patch attachment, once it downloads to the pre click it again and internalz will automatically open, click the install button in internalz and it will install.....
    The first was the standard way via Preware, and the other was installing using WOSQI and I saved the patch to my desktop, and it did so just fine as a dot patch file and I went from there.

Here is the error log from the most recent failed instal of 1.4.1-32 from Preware -

=======================

Prerm
    All of the files in the patch are already stock (most likely due to OTA update)
    SUCCESS
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Removed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    45 34112 45 15436 0 0 6420 0 0:00:05 0:00:02 0:00:03 17151
    100 34112 100 34112 0 0 10537 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 19695
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    6 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    10 out of 18 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    3 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Removed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    82 34112 82 28288 0 0 7652 0 0:00:04 0:00:03 0:00:01 12982
    100 34112 100 34112 0 0 8589 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 13900
    Identify
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    6 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    10 out of 18 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    3 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

===================

I'm comfortable sending, receiving and replacing files from extraction of the Doctor via WOSQI and am overall fairly 'puter savy so if there's a way to fix this so the patch will install, I'm all ears.
    slapvanvoila,

i had the exact same problem...and i had tried every method of installing, uninstalling, restarting, etc...

i was able to resolve my issue by removing the "snooze duration" patch because they have now included it in the ubercalendar patch. with the snooze duration patch installed, ubercalendar was trying to modify code already modified and returning an error.

if you don't have the "snooze duration" patch installed, look for any other patch(es) that may modify any portion of the calendar and remove it/them.

hope this helps...
  15.    #595  
    If preware/WOSQI doesn't show any calendar related patch anymore, then replacing the calendar files might be your solution: replace all file which indicated as (save rejects into...) with the original doctor files.

BTW: I got a report, the version in preware feed is working again?
    If this latest version doesn't install and you get hunk(s) fail make sure to remove all of your calendar patches. It seems to me uber caledar rolls into one most of the calendar patches. If after that there are still problems make sure to replace those files which still give errors using quick installs send file or scan using the repair utility and choose only to replace the files for the calendar app. Most of the time when a patch fails to install it is because the original files are altered or corrupted preventing the patch from being able to apply.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    got this error, any help would be appreciated.

download
    41 34112 41 14127 0 0 43077 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 60630
    100 34112 100 34112 0 0 82657 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 104k
    identify
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 34112 100 34112 0 0 73456 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 104k
    identify
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  18.    #598  
    week.jsjsjs $needs$ $to$ $be$ $removed$
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    week.jsjsjs $needs$ $to$ $be$ $removed$
    whats the mean?

i look in my patches and there are no patches for the calender.

EDIT: I located the file in Internalz. Is it safe to delete it? or should i repair it with web os repair utility?
    Last edited by blackfireball5; 07/30/2010 at 04:21 AM.
  20.    #600  
    Right, there is no patch left. But during removing the previous installed UC patch the file week.jsjsjs $was$ $left$ $on$ $your$ $device$. $You$ $need$ $to$ $remove$ $it$ $before$ $applying$ $the$ $new$ $UC$ $patch$. $A$ $normal$ $deinstallation$ $should$ $care$ $about$ $this$ $file$, $but$ $maybe$ $something$ $went$ $wrong$ $on$ $your$ $device$.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro