Page 29 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979129 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    For what it's worth: the latest version showed-up today on PreWare for me and I had the same problem (installed, shows as-installed, yet, acts like there's no patch).

I tried installing/uninstalling both in normal & developer mode. No luck.

I went 'old-school' and installed it with WebOS QuickInstall (using the patch in the first post). Now it seems to work.

In summary: the PreWare feed seems to be 'unhappy'
    Wish I had read some of these posts before updating... having the same issue.

Is there any way to install the patch from the first post without using WOSQI? (Maybe with Internalz, for example)?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  2.    #562  
    Look at the first post, there is an archive with an icon set. You can replace them with your own images. There is a post here in this thread with a very good documentation how to do it. For the day/week view, only the given icons are possible, for the month view you could use whatever you want. You define them in the notice of the event: ICON=birthday; as example. The name of icon file needs then to be icon-birthday.png
    Icon needs to be in the USB drive: scrims/ubercalendar/
    That's it.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Without reading through 14 pages of posts, and I think I requested this enhancement way back... in the monthly view, can the squares that show an event be color-coded where a specific color can be selected to represent, say, all doctor appointments, and then a different color for, say, dinner dates? thorne

You can place blocks of color as your icons and then you will have color coding like you want.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Wish I had read some of these posts before updating... having the same issue.

Is there any way to install the patch from the first post without using WOSQI? (Maybe with Internalz, for example)?
    What I do is, using my Dropbox account and Dropboxify on my Pre, save it to my dropbox account, then using Dropboxify save it somewhere in /media/internal, then use Internalz to install it.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    What I do is, using my Dropbox account and Dropboxify on my Pre, save it to my dropbox account, then using Dropboxify save it somewhere in /media/internal, then use Internalz to install it.
    Could I not download it directly from the first post to my Pre and then use Internalz to install it?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Re: Preware updating error...patch file size = 0. Must be the reason it ceases to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Re: Preware updating error...patch file size = 0. Must be the reason it ceases to work.
    Any way to fix that? Or does MetaView need to send it to Preware again?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Could I not download it directly from the first post to my Pre and then use Internalz to install it?
    Doesn't get saved as a valid patch if doing it this way, the text of the patch looks more like the HTML code for Precentral. If you want to sign up for Dropbox (see my sig) and use Dropboxify, I can share it with you from my Dropbox account.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Doesn't get saved as a valid patch if doing it this way, the text of the patch looks more like the HTML code for Precentral. If you want to sign up for Dropbox (see my sig) and use Dropboxify, I can share it with you from my Dropbox account.
    I'll just wait until I get home and can use WOSQI, or until the version up in Preware gets fixed. Whichever comes first.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Clever, just got my uber calendar back this way.

Mind you as I'm not at home I did have to Vnc into my home desktop from my iPad and download the patch and dropify it from there

Gx
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Please fix it in PreWare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Mind you as I'm not at home I did have to Vnc into my home desktop from my iPad and download the patch and dropify it from there

Gx
    Yeah, that's the one downside.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?...
    the newest version of internalz will install patches....i installed from post 1....email yourself the patch file, then open the email on your pre, then click the patch attachment, once it downloads to the pre click it again and internalz will automatically open, click the install button in internalz and it will install.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    and yes, patches installed with internalz are aupt compliant according to Jason (internalz author)
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quick question. Do i have to delete the snooze duration patch for this patch to apply again?
    Because im getting errors when i try to install it from here.
  17.    #577  
    yes, snooze duration is part of it now
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    yes, snooze duration is part of it now
    Thanks!!!!
    It works now. Preware feeds is messing up for me, so i installed it directly from here via internalz.
    having same issues after downloading update in preware, reverted to stock calender. removed and reinstalled serveral times to no affect. tried to use webquickinstall. still not working. will wait for fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by abnimmers View Post
    having same issues after downloading update in preware, reverted to stock calender. removed and reinstalled serveral times to no affect. tried to use webquickinstall. still not working. will wait for fix.
    if you have the app "internalz" installed read post #565