Page 28 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Meta -- a question that is probably silly / but, was hoping you could help.

I downloaded the patch from the first post and opened in Notepad ++ --> I see you have a version tag of 1.4.1-22

In PreWare, the latest feed (which you told us is out-of-date) shows version 1.4.2-9.

I was doing a pre-install validation to ensure I had the right code (am currently running the PreWare 1.4.2-5 feed version) and got a bit confused.

Is there a common version # I can reference? Ultimately, I'm looking to install your latest update, but, still use PreWare as my normal update tool.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

The version in the first post is the latest version with all the bells and whistles. The one in preware is one version behind. Once the new version comes in preware, preware should recognize the version installed form the first post as the latest version. If any further version comes, they would be offered as updates from preware.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  2.    #542  
    The version number of patches in preware is not related to the version one put into the patch file. They differ for each OS version and aren't connected to the number one writes into the file. Makes sense in a way, as you get an higher number with each new update on preware. You can only check the description on preware and compare it with the one in the first post. Also I will always update the file in the first post and then submit it to preware. If not, I will indicate it in the first post.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    Yes, finally figured out that those "Enhanced View" and "Compressed View" toggles provide the functions, but that you apparently need to go out of the view and back into it for it to take effect.

Now working great... Thanks!
    I did this for both week view and month view. I see the difference for week view but I am still seeing nothing change for month view. Any ideas? Or can someone detail what is supposed to be different? Perhaps it is something I don't have present to be enhanced?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I did this for both week view and month view. I see the difference for week view but I am still seeing nothing change for month view. Any ideas? Or can someone detail what is supposed to be different? Perhaps it is something I don't have present to be enhanced?
    With enhanced view in month one can see icons. Try making icons, they are very useful.
  5.    #545  
    Just got the notice: the patch file from post one is now in preware feed.
    I just upgraded the to the latest patch this morning. The install seemed to go fine but after a reboot it appears the patch is not there. Any ideas?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I just upgraded the to the latest patch this morning. The install seemed to go fine but after a reboot it appears the patch is not there. Any ideas?
    Same happened me

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Same happened me

Gx
    Make sure you have deleted snooze duration and notification repeat patches. Both were compatible with prior versions, but not the new versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Make sure you have deleted snooze duration and notification repeat patches. Both were compatible with prior versions, but not the new versions.
    Thanks, but did not have either one installed. I forgot that this occurs on both a Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1 and AT&T Pre 1.4.2.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  10.    #550  
    No ideas, but it seems something went wrong when submitting to webosinternals or they made a mistake. I'm sorry and will check it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Same happened me

Gx
    Same happened to me on my vzw pre+.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Patch from Preware worked yesterday but there was a new update today in Preware and now it does not work again on 1.4.5 with Bell Canada
    Just to confirm latest Preware update doesn't work with UK O2 Pre, awaiting further update of this very useful patch.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    And another one here who has lost the ubercalendar functionality on a 1.4.5 pre after upgrading to the latest version with preware
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    New update on 30-06-2010

UberCalendar patch tries to bring you as much enhancements as possible to your webOS calendar app:

1. subjects in week view

I tried downloading this patch mostly to get the subject shown in the week view, which would be very valuable to me. But I didn't see it.

I did see a really long lag until anything was shown on the screen, and lots of confusing colors in the month view. The latter is because I subscribe to some calendars that aren't really important to me but have a lot of all-day entries. The former might be because I subscribe to a lot of calendars?

Anyway, I removed the patch. But I wonder:

1. Could I could use it but turn off some of the features?
    2. Is it always super-slow, or just the first time, or the first time in a day, or whatever
    3. are there any simpler calendar patches that show the subject in the week view?

thanks!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    For what it's worth: the latest version showed-up today on PreWare for me and I had the same problem (installed, shows as-installed, yet, acts like there's no patch).

I tried installing/uninstalling both in normal & developer mode. No luck.

I went 'old-school' and installed it with WebOS QuickInstall (using the patch in the first post). Now it seems to work.

In summary: the PreWare feed seems to be 'unhappy'

Edit: I am using WebOS 1.4.2 (AT&T Pre+)
    Last edited by cmahy; 07/29/2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Extra Reference: WebOS Ver.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Without reading through 14 pages of posts, and I think I requested this enhancement way back... in the monthly view, can the squares that show an event be color-coded where a specific color can be selected to represent, say, all doctor appointments, and then a different color for, say, dinner dates? thorne
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Without reading through 14 pages of posts, and I think I requested this enhancement way back... in the monthly view, can the squares that show an event be color-coded where a specific color can be selected to represent, say, all doctor appointments, and then a different color for, say, dinner dates? thorne
    Don't think that's possible but the icons should provide some of that functionality.

Metaview could give you the correct answer.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  19.    #559  
    Yes, icons is what you can have at the moment.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Yes, icons is what you can have at the moment.
    How many different icons are there to use? Just the 8 in post #1? Can I create my own icon set to be used? thorne