Page 27 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    I've been using this patch for a while and loving it, but now have a problem. Tried searching this LONG thread, but...
    I had to doctor last week my Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1, and reinstall everything. I put back the Ubercalendar patch, and it works... but won't populate the week events with subject, just the colored boxes show. I've tried removing and reinstalling. I even installed the patch directly from link in first post using Internalz instead of Preware, and same results. Don't have any other calendar patches, but do have a plethora of others. I use Govnah and Uberkernal, but really it used to work fine before I doctored with all of the same stuff running. Only think recently I did was to try out the patch with Today view in top bar; seemed cool but I removed it once I thought it might foul up Ubercalendar (I remembered that it doesn't play nice with other calendar patches)

Any suggestions? The subject showing in week view was my favorite thing... really want it back.
  2.    #522  
    Check the menus for each 3 views: they hide some goodies
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I can't get any install of UberCalendar to work. I had a previous version installed. Tried to install the the update via Preware, but that failed. So I uninstalled UberCalendar via Preware. I downloaded the patch from the first page of the thread and tried to install that via WOSQI - failed. I uninstalled via WOSQI, luna restart and tried to install again, but failed again. I even went back to the previous version of UberCalendar ipq that I had and tried to install that - no success. Now in my Calendar, in the menu options the Preferences and Accounts don't work, click on it an nothing. This is not good.

And because I know it is coming.........no, I don't have any other calendar patches installed, haven't had any since I started running UberCalendar months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Check the menus for each 3 views: they hide some goodies
    Yes, finally figured out that those "Enhanced View" and "Compressed View" toggles provide the functions, but that you apparently need to go out of the view and back into it for it to take effect.

Now working great... Thanks!
  5.    #525  
    No, that's bad. Have you the installation log? Maybe you need to run EPR on your calendar files.
    Try the file in first post, it's already there. The day view has a new option: Compressed View.
    Sweet! Will this new version be submitted to preware feed or has it been so I can have worry free webos update etc?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  7.    #527  
    just did it.
    Before the patch:

Day view: It was OK, but too much empty space showing nothing is kind of annoying for such a small screen. Kind of hard to see all appointments.

Week view: Useless, I can't even tell what was going on during the week.

Month view: I guess only to see the days on the month.

Now, I currently have the preware patch and I can't wait to install the new one.
    1st post is version 1.4.1.22, i installed preware version 1.4.1.24 and don't have the compressed view option, and i see no difference with enhanced view on or off.....what should be different?
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    I was going to ask the same thing, what does enhanced view do? I don't see a difference with it on or off or it is subtle enough that I'm not paying close attention to notice. I've been wanting the compressed style since the very first day so I'm glad someone finally got it figured out and added.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  11.    #531  
    Is version 1.4.1.24 the latest version? Because i don't have a "compressed view" option in my day view menu...and i've toggled "enhanced view" on and off looking for the difference, in week view i see the event names with "enhanced view" on and just colored bars with it off, but in month view i can't spot the difference....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  13.    #533  
    As written earlier: Current preware version isn't the latest. Latest version is always the one in the first post, regardless of any version numbers. The latest has compressed view for day view.
    In month view you get icons when you do it correctly.
    Last edited by MetaView; 07/28/2010 at 07:16 AM.
    As wroted earlier: Current preware version isn't the latest. Latest version is always the one in the first post, regardless of any version numbers. The latest has compressed view for day view.
    In month view you get icons when you do it correctly.
    very cool...will install that version, i didn't think a lower version number would be the latest release, sorry...I'm not using the icons, i have different calendars set up for different subjects of events so that explains why i don't see difference in month view....thanx for the help....
    Hi Metaview,

The patch is getting cooler every release. I'm using this patch tuned to my tastes (Different icons and icon-names).
    What I like to see, is seeing the icons of all day events in month view.
    Do You think this is possible?

Regards
    Keimix
  16.    #536  
    Icons in all day events are possible and will come.
    Thanks for your hard work ! Uberkalendar is my top app
    Is there going to be a way of adding icons without using:
    Example: ICON=birthday

Thank you so much for making our Pre calendar so much functional!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Is there going to be a way of adding icons without using:
    Example: ICON=birthday

Thank you so much for making our Pre calendar so much functional!
    One step at a time, hopefully it will come with a drop down menu oneday
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Meta -- a question that is probably silly / but, was hoping you could help.

I downloaded the patch from the first post and opened in Notepad ++ --> I see you have a version tag of 1.4.1-22

In PreWare, the latest feed (which you told us is out-of-date) shows version 1.4.2-9.

I was doing a pre-install validation to ensure I had the right code (am currently running the PreWare 1.4.2-5 feed version) and got a bit confused.

Is there a common version # I can reference? Ultimately, I'm looking to install your latest update, but, still use PreWare as my normal update tool.

Thanks again for all your hard work.