Page 25 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The 1.4.5-3 is a placeholder. But I was hoping that by now there would have been a working patch for 1.4.5 submitted.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    The 1.4.5-3 is a placeholder. But I was hoping that by now there would have been a working patch for 1.4.5 submitted.
    The installation screen usually says that it is only a placeholder in that case. My installation screen does not say anything about being a placeholder. Does not do anything when I install it though, so maybe it is.
    the ipk from the preware feed does not have a valid patch file in it. Maybe because of the server problems they had. I'm sure they are working hard on it.
    this is a great patch and yes its slow with 500mhz...but with 1.2ghz this patch would be even better if it works with 1.4.5 .
    got mine working on 1.4.5. I had originally the 'updated' patch found in preware, then uninstalled it through Preware, rebooted, and installed the patch from first post using WOSQI. It worked after that. Slow (still waiting on UberKernel), but works...
    I am in Canada, have 1.4.5, tried installing uber calendar from preware then form webosqi, and uber calendar still won't work. I tried unistalling through preware first, then running a lunar, then installing again through webosqi....and it still doesn't work.
    I had to remove from preware and also from wosqi, then reboot, then instal only from wosqi for it to work.
    Does Preware have the latest version of the patch?
  9.    #489  
    The latest version is the patch file from first post and needs to be manually downloaded and installed on the device using wosqi
    The version in post 1 is for webOS 1.4.1

Edit (but works for 1.4.5. Remove other calendar related patches)
    Last edited by johncc; 07/26/2010 at 12:09 AM.
  11.    #491  
    There wasn't any change between 1.4.1 and 1.4.5 in the calendar. The patch file still works fine. One could try to change the version to 1.4.5 before installing.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    this patch is awesome. Works great. One suggestion: color coding for events that aren't all day in the month view.
    How to install UberCalendar on webos 1.4.5

Ok people this is tried tested and true. I have experienced everyone of these problems listed here.

1) Uninstall ALL instances of UberCalendar. I prefer using WOSQI.

**Note:** You cannot have ANY calendar patches installed. IE: default to month view, unlimited notification alert for calendar, snooze duration selection etc... all of these must be uninstalled as well. Keep in mind Ubercalendar has these features already so you dont need them seperatly. This is 90% of most ubercalendar installation problems.

Restart your Pre.

2) Download the Ubercalendar patch from the first post. (link below)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...dar-patch.html

Attached Files ubercalendar-icon.zip (5.0 KB, 289 views) Email Attachment
    UberCalendar.patch (101.4 KB, 377 views) Email Attachment

You will find these download links under the photos of the afformentioned link.

3) Using WEBOSQI install ubercalendar.patch (that you downloaded from step above.) to your phone and restart.

4) Using WEBOSQI again go into tweaks and online repository and install the UberCalendar patch for 1.4.5... (This is the patch to make compatible with webos 1.4.5) Restart your phone.

5) To take full advantage of ubercalendar you must also download the ubercalendar-icon.zip. Go into your pre via USB drive. Make a directory called \scrims\ubercalendar (yes ubercalendar is a subdirectory of scrims.) then unzip the icons in the scrims\ubercalendar folder. These icons are displayed in the calendar when you use the following syntax in the event notes area of a calendar entry:

ICON=name;
    Example: ICON=birthday;
    Possible names at the moment are
    birthday, car, kids, doctor, plane, holiday, vacation, party

Ubercalendar should be working now.

If you recieve any error messages or it does not work after this I recommend you run WOSQI goto tweaks and run the EPR (emergency patch recovery.) restart and try these instructions again. It should work after that 100%. If you have any problems let me know. I would be delighted to help.

I understand and appreciate all the efforts from precentral and all the developers etc... However why not just remove old patches (incompatible patches) from the servers and when an update comes out like in this case for ubercalendar have the install from preware or webosqi do it right from the beginning using the correct and updated feeds and have the ability for incompatible patch detections built into webosqi and/or preware. If its one thing we lack its a tech support and documentation area.... I just thought it would make things easier if there was more collaboration between developers and more of an onus of responsibility on developers/patches to take into account forward and backward compatibility as well as patch/update/webos compatibility.... Dare I say like Windows Automatic Update.... It just knows what updates you need and don’t need and does it for you.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I love my palm pre and I love homebrew, and I love the ubercalendar.

We should all do our parts as users with donations to developers and well documented advise to one another. Thank you.
    Last edited by dabirdman101; 07/23/2010 at 12:14 PM.
  14.    #494  
    Thank you very much for this very nice explanation. Webosinternals has some troubles with moving server and stuff. I hope it will be figured out soon. Then I will update the patch in the repository.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thought I had followed the instructions completly, but I must have missed something somewhere?

Here's the error message after trying to install the uber calender patch;

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    33 16168 33 5441 0 0 3850 0 0:00:04 0:00:01 0:00:03 11802
    100 16168 100 16168 0 0 9826 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 23330
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by kahoon View Post
    Thought I had followed the instructions completly, but I must have missed something somewhere?

Here's the error message after trying to install the uber calender patch;

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    33 16168 33 5441 0 0 3850 0 0:00:04 0:00:01 0:00:03 11802
    100 16168 100 16168 0 0 9826 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 23330
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Do you have any other calendar patch installed?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    When I went back (again) and checked, I found a snooze duration patch that I had missed <blush>.

Sorry for asking for a solution to a problem that shouldn't have occured.
    Last edited by kahoon; 07/25/2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I just did a Emergency Patch Removal to remove all my patches. Then reinstalled the patch from the first post. It installed and I got the new icons in the bottom of the calendar but none of the other functions worked. No description in week view, Agenda icon did noting when clicked, etc. I am using Bell Canada 1.4.5.
  19.    #499  
    Enable enhancements in the menu and install Agenda app.
    I have the patch, the icons & Agenda installed. Everything seems to be working right, but the icon for Agenda doesn't show. The space for it is there and Agenda opens when I press there, it's just a grey block. Any ideas? I'm running 1.4.1.1 and UberCalendar 1.4.1.1-22 and no other calendar patches.

Thanks