Page 23 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    hi guys, this excellent patch worked perfectly for me until the latest os update. Now even if it shows as installed, it just is not there! Tried installing and uninstalling various times, but I'm desperate!! Any clues on what's wrong? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alobaba View Post
    hi guys, this excellent patch worked perfectly for me until the latest os update. Now even if it shows as installed, it just is not there! Tried installing and uninstalling various times, but I'm desperate!! Any clues on what's wrong? Thanks
    I don't think it's updated in Preware yet. You have to use the first post's download and use webos quick install.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by alobaba View Post

Are you looking for the new features implemented or are you saying you aren't seeing any features? If it's the newer features (like over the past month +) as the post above said, Preware still hasn't updated.

Even if it's not working at all. When you install/uninstall are you getting any ipkg errors? If no I would say uninstall and install from the "testing" feed in the first post of this thread. If that still doesn't work, assuming you are on a compatible WebOS version I would say try Jason's WebOS Repair utility.... maybe something got a lil tweaked in your calendar files.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Are you looking for the new features implemented or are you saying you aren't seeing any features? If it's the newer features (like over the past month +) as the post above said, Preware still hasn't updated.

Even if it's not working at all. When you install/uninstall are you getting any ipkg errors? If no I would say uninstall and install from the "testing" feed in the first post of this thread. If that still doesn't work, assuming you are on a compatible WebOS version I would say try Jason's WebOS Repair utility.... maybe something got a lil tweaked in your calendar files.
    ------

I am also experiencing the same problem after 1.4.5 installation (German O2 Pre). I installed using a doctor image that was modified with MetaDoctor for developer mode and bypassing the first use app to activate my profile over WiFi.

First reinstalled all my apps and patches with WebOS QI and everything worked except UberCalendar. UberCalendar installes with No Errors and is shown as installed both in WebOSQI and Preware. I did also install Agenda, the only app/patch that interacts with the calendar.

Removed Agenda.

Removed UberCalendar with WebOSQI and installed with Preware - No Change!

I removed all patches with EPR and installed the latest UberCalendar (from post no 1) with WebOSQI - no change.

New EPR and the ran Jason's WebOSRepair Utility. Found two mismatches as follows:
    Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json
    Found md5sum: 037db736e02f2d4e15d5e5b73f58c22c
    Expected md5sum: c3cf60200590520cfec98ae6cd5e0e98
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json

Scanning /etc/.rootfs_RW
    Found md5sum: b026324c6904b2a9cb4b88d6d61c81d1
    Expected md5sum: 897316929176464ebc9ad085f31e7284
    Modified file found: /etc/.rootfs_RW

Since I am travelling and need my phone I decided to ignored file change, wanted input from the forum if this could be related.

Also read in the Navit thread that there where differences between making an over the air OS update and using the WebOSDoctor, can this be an issue for UberCalendar also? Post 437 in WebOSInternals Navit Thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2540982

Hope this will help pinning down the problem and get a fix out - i love the patch and need it badly.

And Yes, the UberRadio apps is great and I have bought it and use it regularily on travel to listen to my favorite radio stations.

Have a great day!
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
  5.    #445  
    You can't select the patch from the tweaks list in WOSQI, you need to manually add the patch file from the first post. That's also the way I Install the patch on my own.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I did not install from the Tweaks view in WebOSQI. I downloaded your patch and installed it from the first view so I am sure I installed the correct version which I also verified by checking version number in WebOSQI Device Management view.
    I had it running earlier and I have no qlue why it is not working now.
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    I did not install from the Tweaks view in WebOSQI. I downloaded your patch and installed it from the first view so I am sure I installed the correct version which I also verified by checking version number in WebOSQI Device Management view.
    I had it running earlier and I have no qlue why it is not working now.

Maybe reset your device and if that does not work, try removing it and ALL THE OTHER CALENDAR PATCHES and restarting device and then re installing only Uber Calendar.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    alobaba,
    I seem to have same problem as you...have you got it working?

KKHANMD, thanks but that was the first thing I have tried.

WorldCupFinal now!!!
    Blah I had a whole post written and lost it. I am thinking alobaba may be running the O2 germany 1.4.5. There is a known issue with the OTA update and certain read/write properties for some apps (may be affecting this patch just as a guess).

With that said, Metaview is in Germany.... what version are you currently running? And was it OTA updated.

@hakost there is a fix (or 2)..... look at the link to the palm dev forums I have posted below. Like I said can't promise this will fix it, but may be the root of the issue from the info I have.

Forums webOS • View topic - 1.4.5 Jail Settings and OTA Updates
    any way to invite attendees?
  11.    #451  
    not yet
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,

I have made fresh 1.4.5 installation and not an OTA upgrade so my problem should not be related to the bug in the OTA update.

I will appreciate any other advice!

Thanks!!
    Any idea as to when the Preware Feed will be updated to show the latest version? Right now, preware doesn't seem to notice that there is a new version (since 30-06-2010 I suppose).
    can someone point me to making UC show icons? where do i get icons? i can't find them in this thread, it kinda is overwhelming
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    for johnj2803
    Just connect your pre to PC, click use as a USB drive, open the pre/USB by searching on my computer, within the pre/usb right click on an empty area, click create new folder.... name it scrims..... open scrims (the folder that you just created).... right click in scrims to make a new folder, name it Ubercalendar..... open uber calendar and store the images and close everything, disconnect the USB drive and you have the calender working the way you want. and restart device
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    can someone point me to making UC show icons? where do i get icons? i can't find them in this thread, it kinda is overwhelming
    ICONS need to be in the EVENT NOTES and not in the events, plus dont forget to use capitals for ICON, icon in small doesnot work, plus dont forget semicolon;

So lets say you have an event: Take wife and GF to doctor
    Goto Event notes (Notice not event): Type ICON=doctor; and it works. Remember ICON and not icon.
    Create your own icons easily
    1) Find a picture
    2) Open a image editing software, I use paint.net which is FREE
    3) Resize image to 12x12 (dpnt have to really, though sometimes 20x20 works better)
    4) Name it: icon-event, for example i named my picture: icon-plane, use only those which are allowed (see first post in this thread)
    5) Save it as .png extension (please do NOT put .png in the name of the file)
    6) Transfer it to your ubercalendar folder (see my posts above for making ubercalendas folder)
    7) Now restart your device

Happy making icons
    Thats it. If you like this please hit thank you button
  18.    #458  
    The first post has some icons to download.

One suggestion to try for people who doesn't get it work (even if it installs fine): first install the patch file from first post then use preware to install the empty package over it. Maybe it works?
    @meta and @ kkhanmd thanks... this should be incorporated into the first post!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    metaview,

When I look at the patch file after downloading from the first post the first lines are:

Name: UberCalendar
    Version: 1.4.1-22

Is this correct? I've tried it on several diff computers it's always the same.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch