Page 206 of 207 FirstFirst ... 106156196201202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    P.S.: After getting the "not enough space to download" message, I used Tailor and the webosinternals wiki to reduce my media partition and increase the mojodb partition. Will this be a problem when I Doctor?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    P.S.: After getting the "not enough space to download" message, I used Tailor and the webosinternals wiki to reduce my media partition and increase the mojodb partition. Will this be a problem when I Doctor?
    Don't think so. Only in case doctor repartitionate, but 3.0.5 don't do that.
    Thanks Gwidion!
    Gwidion likes this.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Thanks Gwidion!
    Don't forget: After using the doctor you have to update the root certificate! Look at the thread.
    This has been bothersome for a bit; it has now become seriously annoying. I can no longer get Ubercalendar to install, whether from Preware or WOSQI. Not clear what the culprit may be, but my suspicion lies with code to update Google sign-in changes.

The first time this happened, I had installed a patch available to correct for Google's changing the address to which password updates and such are uploaded. Installed the patch; Ubercalendar functionality disappeared.

I recently bought another TouchPad (this one with 4G -- solid hardware and I can always run Android, though I actually prefer WebOS both for itself and for the apps available). I installed some stuff and Ubercalendar worked, was not compromised by the gsync patch.

For various reasons, I did a complete reinstallation (I made a boo-boo) and two things happened: First, I did not have to install the gsync patch again to update that part of WebOS. Second, I could no longer install Ubercalendar. I am not sufficiently learned to know what might be stepping where, but one has suspicions.

I attach two files: One is an e-mail file with the Preware installation file from the last attempt to install Ubercalendar. The other is the gsync file.

I'd really like Ubercalendar to function; the ability to run an agenda window and to mandate a week view are particularly useful tools, among a rich kit.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I can't read the logs. The patches should not conflict.
    I agree, they shouldn't conflict. Moreover, I don't understand how the gsync patch might have survived reinstalling -- unless that which is patched is not what is erased, then reinstalled.

In each case (the initial use of the gsync patch on my older TP and Pre 2, then this series of installations on the new tablet), I have very deliberately sought to isolate the installation of both of these so as avoid the problem. But there it is: Ubercalendar isn't there.

The Preware install log seems to be saying the stuff is all there, and that the previous installation is creating the problem -- that is, it survived the erase-and-start-over reset. It is not clear to me why this shows up in the post-install process. Lots of stuff well beyond my aging, shrinking brain's ever-more-limited capacity.

Whence the initial post. I am glad to find someone as puzzled as I am.
    I think your best bet is to doctor the touchpad. There are over 30 files modified by the patch, and unless you are familiar with manually removing a patch the doctor is safer -- especially after multiple uninstall/install attempts. I would recommend a doctor when you buy a used device. It makes sure that you start with a clean state. As long as you are not using apps or patches that are no longer available, it should not be that much more work than you already have done with the erase.

An erase and delete data will not work. Also after the doctor, update the certificate first and then install the bigger patches first -- Ubercalendar, any of sconix's framework patches.
    That does seem the only option; I was hoping some genius could find away around that. As a purely practical matter, I think I will live without Ubercalendar (hmn, should be Ueberkalendar?...) for at least awhile. All the other installations worked except Advanced Reset (another system-level patch; I suppose good evidence that the OS/UI is not part of an erase/reinstall reset) -- and that only because it was already installed (i.e., I can use that function). Doing another complex reinstallation from the metal up is not essential at this time, and I have a fairly loaded plate at the moment.

Anent used equipment: Your view is much like mine. I buy hardware for clients with some frequency and I have often done quite well with refurbished systems (among other things, cheaper than build-yourself or white-box, and I am often tossing away Windows in favor of Linux).

However, I have been fortunate in my Palm/HP/WebOS hardward; the phones and two tablets have been new-in-sealed-boxes. Apparently some folks stocked up, are now cleaning closets and so on. And I get a nice toy, with enough money left over to give one to Mrs. Jenner "on spec" and have one set up for Android (primarily) and another for WebOS.

Interestingly, several of my Apple-toting students have remarked favorably on my toys.

In any case, many thanks for your guidance.
  10.    #4110  
    Quote Originally Posted by djenner View Post
    This has been bothersome for a bit; it has now become seriously annoying. I can no longer get Ubercalendar to install, whether from Preware or WOSQI. Not clear what the culprit may be, but my suspicion lies with code to update Google sign-in changes.

The first time this happened, I had installed a patch available to correct for Google's changing the address to which password updates and such are uploaded. Installed the patch; Ubercalendar functionality disappeared.

I recently bought another TouchPad (this one with 4G -- solid hardware and I can always run Android, though I actually prefer WebOS both for itself and for the apps available). I installed some stuff and Ubercalendar worked, was not compromised by the gsync patch.

For various reasons, I did a complete reinstallation (I made a boo-boo) and two things happened: First, I did not have to install the gsync patch again to update that part of WebOS. Second, I could no longer install Ubercalendar. I am not sufficiently learned to know what might be stepping where, but one has suspicions.

I attach two files: One is an e-mail file with the Preware installation file from the last attempt to install Ubercalendar. The other is the gsync file.

I'd really like Ubercalendar to function; the ability to run an agenda window and to mandate a week view are particularly useful tools, among a rich kit.
    Looking at your Preware IPKG log, you might also just replace

/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs

and

/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs

with the original files from the doctor and then try the UberCalendar patch again.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    That's -- interesting. I will be away this week, but when I get back, let me look at this more carefully, to make sure I understand what is at stake, then perhaps try it. Thanks.
    I need some help, I've had several problems with my Hotmail sync'd exchange calendar and tonight my Pre3 crashed after the 3rd or 4th snooze of an event. When the Pre came back up the event I was snoozing is corrupted, I now have hundreds of duplicates of the same event at the same time, and now 5 days worth of events are gone, totally deleted (and of course, sync'd to Hotmail, so I can't recover them.
    My other issues are I tap a time to enter an event, the spelling autocorrect doesn't work-for stock things (u=you, i=I, etc) or for ones I have saved. Also, repeating events with reminders fail, I have an event at 1, with a 20 minute before reminder and it simply never goes off. Happens to random events, some work, some don't.
    This is a huge problem for me, I use the auto close option in Ubercalendar to keep reminding me of events and this isn't the first time snoozing has caused a crash. Any help appreciated!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Hi all,

my TP decided recently to loose the profile and I had to run the restore (see patch problems after restore required)

I got most of the stuff back that I had installed, but the UberCalendar is not working.
    First, I could not install it, using Preware but it also did not appear in the installed patches list. When I re-installed the UberCalendar Multilingual Localization patch, this and the UberCalendar HD patch appeared in the installed patches list.
    However, the Calendar app was still showing the default design.
    Then I tried to remove the patch and that failed completely. (I have the ipk log, if that may help)

I don't want to doctor my TP, so the question is, if there is another way of removing only this patch and reapply it.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrSchwarz5 View Post
    Hi all,

my TP decided recently to loose the profile and I had to run the restore (see patch problems after restore required)

I got most of the stuff back that I had installed, but the UberCalendar is not working.
    First, I could not install it, using Preware but it also did not appear in the installed patches list. When I re-installed the UberCalendar Multilingual Localization patch, this and the UberCalendar HD patch appeared in the installed patches list.
    However, the Calendar app was still showing the default design.
    Then I tried to remove the patch and that failed completely. (I have the ipk log, if that may help)

I don't want to doctor my TP, so the question is, if there is another way of removing only this patch and reapply it.

Regards,
    UW
    Got it!

I found the .patch file in /media/internal/.patches (you live, you learn) and checked all the files to be patched, if it was patched already. There was one: concatenated.jsjsjs
    I reverted it to the original version, reapplied the patch and voilą it worked!

Case closed. Thank you

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    I am glad you figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by HerrSchwarz5 View Post
    Got it!

I found the .patch file in /media/internal/.patches (you live, you learn) and checked all the files to be patched, if it was patched already. There was one: concatenated.jsjsjs
    I reverted it to the original version, reapplied the patch and voilą it worked!

Case closed. Thank you

Regards,
    UW
    I am not sure what to make of the errors. Do the events have more than one type of alert? I mean do you have it set to have any other alarm types in the website --- email or anything besides popup or more than one popup alarm. That is the only thing I can think of that might cause problems with snoozing. I don't regularly use Hotmail though.

Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I need some help, I've had several problems with my Hotmail sync'd exchange calendar and tonight my Pre3 crashed after the 3rd or 4th snooze of an event. When the Pre came back up the event I was snoozing is corrupted, I now have hundreds of duplicates of the same event at the same time, and now 5 days worth of events are gone, totally deleted (and of course, sync'd to Hotmail, so I can't recover them.
    My other issues are I tap a time to enter an event, the spelling autocorrect doesn't work-for stock things (u=you, i=I, etc) or for ones I have saved. Also, repeating events with reminders fail, I have an event at 1, with a 20 minute before reminder and it simply never goes off. Happens to random events, some work, some don't.
    This is a huge problem for me, I use the auto close option in Ubercalendar to keep reminding me of events and this isn't the first time snoozing has caused a crash. Any help appreciated!
    Hey frantid, as it seems google will shutdown the old calendar API on 14th Nov. 2014, i was experimenting with c+DAV calDAV connector by Garfonso and wondered if you can implement the "Advanced Sync Requirements" (Tweaks) for this C+DAV connector. I know e.g. EAS was impossible but perhaps when getting in contact with Garfonso you can work this out:

C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Hey frantid, as it seems google will shutdown the old calendar API on 14th Nov. 2014, i was experimenting with c+DAV calDAV connector by Garfonso and wondered if you can implement the "Advanced Sync Requirements" (Tweaks) for this C+DAV connector. I know e.g. EAS was impossible but perhaps when getting in contact with Garfonso you can work this out:

C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud
    It's possible, but I have a lot of catching up to do before I can make a contribution to what is there. Also I would imagine it would have to fit in with where LuneOs is headed for it to be accepted -- so there is only 1 version to maintain.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    hhm perhaps i'm not exactly into what you are talking about, but C+DAV in not only available for LuneOS, it actually works on webOS. So ubercalendar would not need any catching up as far as i can see, "just" the interface from your tweaks settings to the c+dav sync routines.

Sorry to bug you, i just thought if google api / facebook api is possible another open source (with contact to Dev ) cal synergy connector is not hard to add - but who am i to sayl such
    What I mean is that, Garfonzo may have a plan where he would want to place sync preferences. I don't know if there is a central prefs app in LuneOs. So I would have to understand his app before I could submit something for him to look at.