webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
Like Tree54Likes

Old 01/13/2013, 02:14 PM   #4061 (permalink)

I just made a hard reboot of my veer and now these months are no more grayed out ... very strange
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2013, 02:28 PM   #4062 (permalink)

Another question: I just put a holiday event, which was happen some days ago (11.01.2013) and its already shown for the next year in my calendar but not for the current. Is this normal?
Old 01/14/2013, 01:13 PM   #4063 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
Another question: I just put a holiday event, which was happen some days ago (11.01.2013) and its already shown for the next year in my calendar but not for the current. Is this normal?
No that's not normal. You may want to delete it and recreate it.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 11:28 AM   #4064 (permalink)

frantid

Maybe its possible to dye grey events with a little code hack? Would be great because they would be much better visible in the month view. I would prefer the same green color like in the day view
Attached Images
File Type: png calendar_2013-15-01_172232.png (46.5 KB, 57 views) Email Attachment
Old 01/15/2013, 03:00 PM   #4065 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
frantid

Maybe its possible to dye grey events with a little code hack? Would be great because they would be much better visible in the month view. I would prefer the same green color like in the day view
It has been requested before. It is not possible. The grey parts mean there are events in the morning, afternoon and evening. So if you have multiple events in the morning from different calendars, which color do you use? You can select a single calendar to display in the view, then the the squares will be colored -- only 1 calendar is displayed.

Most UC users use the icons to attach category type meaning to the events. Those will display. So if you use colored squares for your icons, you can achieve what you want. Take a look at the first post to see about the icons.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
Old 02/06/2013, 08:00 AM   #4066 (permalink)

edit moved file to this post:

test patch for undefined calendar entries to try to help WeeGee. Please do not test this unless you have undefined calendar entries that you can not delete. Using this may cause you to lose calendar events.

After using the menu item, grep the logs for calendar. The patch should list out any eventId's and subjects that it tries to delete.

edit: updated to ver 1-39

Last edited by frantid; 04/09/2013 at 04:28 PM.
Thanked By: WeeGee
Old 02/08/2013, 05:25 AM   #4067 (permalink)

Thank you for this patch..it seems to work. I could delete most of the undefined events using it, but Lumberjack didn't work (it just showed me an empty log, no matter what I wanted to see, with filter or everything, Retrive or Following...).
Then I found a bunch of undefined events which were missing on my Google calendar (a different one than the cleared undefined events came from) and I stopped cleaning, but set the calender from undefined to the correct calendar, which seemed to work (they appeared online). But now I have found some events that don't sync, no matter what I try, even after reboot and a day waiting..
During sync I get this error repeatedly:
Code:
[2013-02-08 06:31:19] (calendar.google.js) user.err: [com.palm.service.calendar.google] Error: entry has no edit link     at Error (unknown source)     at [object Object].<anonymous> (javascript/google/gdata_lib.js:195:184)     at javascript/assistants/syncassistant.js:1132:27     at /usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javascript/control/mapreduce.js:24:4     at Future._docall (/usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javascript/control/future.js:132:17)     at Future.now (/usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javascript/control/future.js:14:15)     at /usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javascript/control/mapreduce.js:15:22     at clazz._performUpSync (javascript/assistants/syncassistant.js:1113:10)     at clazz.syncSinglesAndParents (javascript/assistants/syncassistant.js:1253:17)     at Future._maybeDispatch (/usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javascript/control/future.js:300:17)
-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Old 02/08/2013, 05:43 AM   #4068 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
Thank you for this patch..it seems to work. I could delete most of the undefined events using it, but Lumberjack didn't work (it just showed me an empty log, no matter what I wanted to see, with filter or everything, Retrive or Following...).
Then I found a bunch of undefined events which were missing on my Google calendar (a different one than the cleared undefined events came from) and I stopped cleaning, but set the calender from undefined to the correct calendar, which seemed to work (they appeared online). But now I have found some events that don't sync, no matter what I try, even after reboot and a day waiting..
During sync I get this error repeatedly:
Code:
[2013-02-08 06:31:19] (calendar.google.js) user.err: [com.palm.service.calendar.google] Error: entry has no edit link     at Error (unknown source)     at [object Object].<anonymous> (javascript/google/gdata_lib.js:195:184)     at javascript/assistants/syncassistant.js:1132:27     at /usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javascript/control/mapreduce.js:24:4     at Future._docall (/usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javascript/control/future.js:132:17)     at Future.now (/usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javascript/control/future.js:14:15)     at /usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javascript/control/mapreduce.js:15:22     at clazz._performUpSync (javascript/assistants/syncassistant.js:1113:10)     at clazz.syncSinglesAndParents (javascript/assistants/syncassistant.js:1253:17)     at Future._maybeDispatch (/usr/palm/frameworks/foundations/version/1.0/javascript/control/future.js:300:17)
Did you turn off all the google calendars in the accounts app and remove all the undefined events from the calendar app? You have to do it completely, to make sure the database is clean. Once you don't find anymore undefined events, restart the device, then go into the accounts app and turn the calendars back on.

Old 02/08/2013, 06:20 AM   #4069 (permalink)

No, not yet. I still have unsynced events sitting on my palm, which I must move to the Palm profile account first, so that they are not lost. There are hundreds of such events, and some years to go through, comparing them with the Google online calendar.. and every change on the Pre needs some seconds to enter the event, change the calendar account, wait some seconds for the Pre to refresh the calendar (which is awfully slow)

Old 02/08/2013, 07:02 AM   #4070 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
No, not yet. I still have unsynced events sitting on my palm, which I must move to the Palm profile account first, so that they are not lost. There are hundreds of such events, and some years to go through, comparing them with the Google online calendar.. and every change on the Pre needs some seconds to enter the event, change the calendar account, wait some seconds for the Pre to refresh the calendar (which is awfully slow)

I think your database is in bad condition. The events you are trying to save are not on the google website? If they are there you can just delete them, they will return when you turn on the calendar again --- if they are inside the window you have set in tweaks for the first sync.

Good luck.

Old 02/08/2013, 08:59 AM   #4071 (permalink)

I have an issue with entered events, they are not setting of the notification alarm, any suggestions as to why this may be would be welcome, thanks.
charlieandcrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 10:04 AM   #4072 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieandcrumpet View Post
I have an issue with entered events, they are not setting of the notification alarm, any suggestions as to why this may be would be welcome, thanks.
Welcome to the forums,

Q: Do you mean you create an event on the phone/TP, and there is no alarm set by default?
A: Try setting your default alarm setting in the calendar preferences on the phone. There is one for all day events and one for other timed events.

Q: Do you mean you create an event on google's web calendar and there is no alarm set on your phone/TP?
A: You need to set your default preferences in google's web calendar settings with your browser. You want to make sure the alarm for the calendar is "pop up" and that it is at the top of the list of default alarms for that calendar.

Q: Do you mean the alarms are marked in the events and they are not going off?
A: Check that you have "alarms follows groups" turned off Also if you have per calendar alarms on that you have the alarms turned on for that calendar.

Q: Other scenario?
A: Can you give me a little more detail? What type of device is this and what version of webOS? And describe step by step how you get the error to occur.

If you don't know about those preferences, check the preference guide link in my signature.
Thanks,

Old 04/09/2013, 04:33 PM   #4073 (permalink)

updated all versions to fix deleting undefined calendar events. Also submitted updates to preware.

If you have undefined events open it in the edit scene, use the menu item to delete undefined events. It will list the subjects of the deleted events in the log.

local files here:
UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

Old 04/26/2013, 11:08 AM   #4074 (permalink)

begin
Nothing Interesting.
verify
Nothing Interesting.
download
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
100 105k 100 105k 0 0 336k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 402k
identify
org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd
install
{"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
mkdir-prerm
Nothing Interesting.
install-prerm
Nothing Interesting.
postinst
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.js.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.js.rej
*** FAILED ***
remove
Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd from root...
(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.prerm)
delete
Nothing Interesting.
failed
Nothing Interesting.
bluechip64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2013, 04:29 PM   #4075 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechip64 View Post

6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.js.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.js.rej
*** FAILED ***
The highlighted files are not in their original form. This is a touchpad running 3.0.5 correct? Did you have any other calendar patches installed?

Old 07/03/2013, 06:52 PM   #4076 (permalink)

@metaview/frantid: Just checked Preware on my TP for the first time in several months, and noticed this patch that posted back in June: "webOS Calendar App Bug Fixes"

It clearly states that it's to be used only on an unpatched TP Calendar app. This begs the question on whether it could be so applied, then patched with UC. Any comment?

In any case, the readme on Github sounds interesting enough for me to ask: Might this patch might be incorporated into UC for TP?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
bethel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2013, 02:11 AM   #4077 (permalink)

I will take a look and see what it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
@metaview/frantid: Just checked Preware on my TP for the first time in several months, and noticed this patch that posted back in June: "webOS Calendar App Bug Fixes"

It clearly states that it's to be used only on an unpatched TP Calendar app. This begs the question on whether it could be so applied, then patched with UC. Any comment?

In any case, the readme on Github sounds interesting enough for me to ask: Might this patch might be incorporated into UC for TP?
Old 07/13/2013, 11:22 AM   #4078 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post

Here's what I think from a quick look -- at the read me on Github (quoted below) and the code.

Quote:
Improved: Creating an event via a Just Type Quick Action now closes any existing event detail popup.
I like this one, wasn't aware of the problem.

Quote:
Improved: Tapping the calendar icon when the calendar is in card view
Brings it into focus, switches to Day view and updates the date shown as follows
If you were in Month view, Day view shows the first day of that month or the day of the month you were last viewing.
If you were in Week view, Day view shows the first day of that week or the day of the week you were last viewing.
If you were in Day view, Day view shows the same day that was being viewed.
tip: To view "today" in any view, double-tap that view's icon in the view switcher bar at the bottom of the calendar.
Can't do these with UC as it interferes with the preferences in how you want your calendar to open when launched.

Quote:
Improved: Stability
When the calendar is closed, tapping on event alarms, search results and quick actions always opens the calendar and shows the tapped event.
Switching views immediately shows the intended date instead of first quickly showing the old date.
Week & Month views now safely check whether available events occur on the currently displayed day(s).
All intra-app asynchronous notifications are delivered until explicitly ignored.
No longer only sending the first notification.
I don't think these problems exist in UC, I'll have to double check them.
Quote:
Improved: Other things
Began minor refactoring needed to re-enable loading calendar within a browser.
Primarily doing this for better calendar debugging via desktop browsers.
Currently loads all resources but shows a blank view when viewed in the webOS browser; more work to be done.
I don't think I'll do these, I do not want to include patching the app so it runs in a browser in UC.

Thanked By: bethel95
Old 04/13/2014, 08:31 AM   #4079 (permalink)

After doctoring and setting up my Pre3 again, I found a little flaw in the UberCalendar patch. The button at the lower rigth corner ist supposed to open the "Jump to:" dialogue. But it creates a new event instead. So it works just like a copy of the button at the left side - no obvious difference. Could this be changed? I would be satisfied with it opening the menu's "Jump to/Templates" dialogue.
ZehHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2014, 09:38 AM   #4080 (permalink)

Bottom left /bottom right both create new events, one a timed event and one a all-day event. The jump to feature is hidden in the date title bar
MetaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by ZehHa likes this.
Thanked By: ZehHa

Tags
calendar, calendar app, events

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0