webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
Like Tree54Likes

Old 01/04/2013, 04:32 PM   #4041 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btravelen View Post
Works like a charm! Thanks! I appreciate the work you do.

Apparently, 2.2.4 is a bit fussy in many respects. Every small improvement makes it that much better. Thanks again.
You're welcome.

For those waiting, update is now in Preware.

Cheers.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 04:41 PM   #4042 (permalink)

@frantid

is it possible to make events in mounth view in color instead gray?
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 04:45 PM   #4043 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
@frantid

is it possible to make events in mounth view in color instead gray?
It uses gray when you have 2 or more all day events on the same day. It can't mix the colors, so you get gray.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
Old 01/04/2013, 07:30 PM   #4044 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
It uses gray when you have 2 or more all day events on the same day. It can't mix the colors, so you get gray.
Well, it uses gray on all events on my Veer, regardless of whether allday or not (single events are gray colored too).
Old 01/04/2013, 08:12 PM   #4045 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, it uses gray on all events on my Veer, regardless of whether allday or not (single events are gray colored too).
I was talking about the all day events. I can't color the little events. It's been requested before.
Old 01/05/2013, 05:58 PM   #4046 (permalink)

Quote:
Looks like you have an error in one of your events, in the location field. Did you copy and paste something in there from the web browser? The location field can't handle html, it should just be text. Hopefully you can find the bad event and modify the location field.
Looked through hundreds of entries, but didn't find anything special... could I edit some javascript to include some info like the subject of the failing event in the error log? I know how to edit these files with Internalz, and I can understand javascript, but I don't know where to look, or if it is even possible to include this info.

Quote:
There's also was a connectivity error 503, but that resolved itself -- perhaps you lost cell signal or the wifi dropped out.
503:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...I/kk_XmumWGCwJ
and a solution to implement:
Documents List API Best Practices: Handling errors and exponential backoff - Google Apps Developer Blog
WeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 09:27 AM   #4047 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
Looked through hundreds of entries, but didn't find anything special... could I edit some javascript to include some info like the subject of the failing event in the error log? I know how to edit these files with Internalz, and I can understand javascript, but I don't know where to look, or if it is even possible to include this info.

503:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...I/kk_XmumWGCwJ
and a solution to implement:
Documents List API Best Practices: Handling errors and exponential backoff - Google Apps Developer Blog
What version of webOS are you using again? I don't remember.

Interesting link. If webOS gets a stop error it will retry in the set sync interval minutes with a minimum wait of 5 minutes. Since the suggested fix recommends a maximum 23 seconds wait to retry. I don't think I'll add it in, unless a lot of people start getting the errors.

Old 01/06/2013, 04:31 PM   #4048 (permalink)

Quote:
What version of webOS are you using again? I don't remember.
2.2.4 @ Pre³

Quote:
Interesting link. If webOS gets a stop error it will retry in the set sync interval minutes with a minimum wait of 5 minutes. Since the suggested fix recommends a maximum 23 seconds wait to retry. I don't think I'll add it in, unless a lot of people start getting the errors.
so it will retry after 30 minutes if I set the sync interval to that setting? But why do I get so much 503s at once?
Old 01/08/2013, 07:49 AM   #4049 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Yes, it will try to sync every 30 minutes. It's a webos thing which doesn't know or care if a sync worked or not.. it just re-triggers the activity (i.e. the sync in this case) every x minutes (the interval that you selected).

What I saw in the calender sync stuff is that there are also activities based on database activity. I.e. if a event is changed or added, webos will initiate a sync process. Maybe the 503 errors have something to do with that? AFAIK this acitivity is active for the google sync also.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2013, 04:38 PM   #4050 (permalink)

How is the "Sync window for calendar" and the "update window for calendar" calculated? The first missing event is before this window I see in the logs.

Do you have any idea how to add some additional information to the error which event fails?
My main problem is, that since this fail nothing is synced from Pre to Google calendar. The other way works.
Old 01/09/2013, 04:44 AM   #4051 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
How is the "Sync window for calendar" and the "update window for calendar" calculated? The first missing event is before this window I see in the logs.

Do you have any idea how to add some additional information to the error which event fails?
My main problem is, that since this fail nothing is synced from Pre to Google calendar. The other way works.
Try this test version. It doesn't apply more logging. It tries to test the location field for errors. You will have to uninstall the one you have installed, restart Luna, then install the test patch, restart luna.

Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch

If you want to use the advanced sync behaviors while testing, you will have to also manually install the json file in the first post in that thread.

You may have to update the event that hasn't sync'd for it to be sync'd.

Old 01/10/2013, 09:28 AM   #4052 (permalink)

i updated the ubercalendar this morning. unfortunately, i can't turn the calendar on anymore and won't be able to remove the uber patch either. Anyone got any suggestion? thanks alot.
wwguan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 11:38 AM   #4053 (permalink)

Can you post the log?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwguan View Post
i updated the ubercalendar this morning. unfortunately, i can't turn the calendar on anymore and won't be able to remove the uber patch either. Anyone got any suggestion? thanks alot.
Thanked By: wwguan
Old 01/11/2013, 09:45 AM   #4054 (permalink)

Quote:
Can you post the log?
Sorry. i have followed the instruction on the first post of the thread and run the EPR. unfortunately, i misread the instruction, and completely wiped out my patches. i then reinstalled the UberCalendar, which was a clean installation, thus sees no problem. therefore, i don't have the log anymore.

However, before i run the EPR, i couldn't delete the ubercalendar from preware.

Thanks a lot anyway.
wwguan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: frantid
Old 01/11/2013, 06:20 PM   #4055 (permalink)

I dont know why but some months (04.2013 / 05.2013 / 04.2014 / 05.2014) are completely grayed out.
Attached Images
File Type: png calendar_2013-12-01_001800.png (40.9 KB, 17 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by michel_ng; 01/11/2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01/13/2013, 02:55 AM   #4056 (permalink)

Been trying to get über calendar up and running on 2.2.4 to several failures. Luckily I searched on hear and realized the conflicting patch. Thanks
redrum0036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: frantid
Old 01/13/2013, 10:57 AM   #4057 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont know why but some months (04.2013 / 05.2013 / 04.2014 / 05.2014) are completely grayed out.
I have not seen that before. Do you have a repeating event in there that has a problem displaying in week or day views in those months?

Old 01/13/2013, 10:57 AM   #4058 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum0036 View Post
Been trying to get über calendar up and running on 2.2.4 to several failures. Luckily I searched on hear and realized the conflicting patch. Thanks
Glad you got it figured out.

Thanked By: redrum0036
Old 01/13/2013, 01:28 PM   #4059 (permalink)

Quote:
I have not seen that before. Do you have a repeating event in there that has a problem displaying in week or day views in those months?
There are only holiday and birthday events there. I dont know if they are repeating ...
Old 01/13/2013, 02:02 PM   #4060 (permalink)

Quote:
There are only holiday and birthday events there. I dont know if they are repeating ...
Do they display in week and day views?

Tags
calendar, calendar app, events

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0