webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
Like Tree54Likes

Old 10/30/2012, 01:41 AM   #4001 (permalink)

Post #4000

...just wanted to say thanks. =)
Ubercalendar is awesome and makes the default calendar infinitely more useful. Thanks for all your hard work.
Koiji412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Jozz, toaste, JED-WEB-OS and 1 others like this.
Thanked by frantid, JED-WEB-OS, Jozz
Old 11/07/2012, 03:17 PM   #4002 (permalink)

Hi anybody,

apologies in advance in case I'm just too blind to find the answer in the thread - maybe someone can then just direct to the correct page or thread.

I have sync problems with my Pre (German o2 - 1.4.5) and HP TouchPad (3.0.5). On both I have the latest ubercalendar installed from Preware. Both devices use the same Palm profile, so in my understanding the calendar items should sync on both devices. When I connected my TouchPad to my Palm account/profile it did sync the calendar from my Pre (at least all day/annual events). Now neither events on my Pre are synced to the TP nor vice versa.

As I understand the Google Sync issue that is only about sync with a Google calendar (which I don't have). Still I installed the patch and Tweaks but obviously that didn't solve the problem.

As it sucks rocks that I have to double-create all calendar items in my Pre and my TP I'd be most happy if anyone would have a solution or answer. Thanks in advance!
ced68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 03:41 PM   #4003 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You got that wrong. The calendar of the HP/Palm Account is never synced between devices. It is only backed up to their servers. The "sync" from Pre to TP was no sync but a one time only copy. The same situation holds for all other data that is on the HP/Palm Account, like contacts, memos, tasks.... no sync there!

I suggest you to find another solution for a calendar... either you try google or, if you want to keep your data local use something like syncevolution with my syncml client (don't want to advertise, but most people that reject the google calendar don't want their data in the cloud, so that would be an alternative).
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by ced68, frantid
Old 11/07/2012, 04:04 PM   #4004 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ced68 View Post
I have sync problems with my Pre (German o2 - 1.4.5) and HP TouchPad (3.0.5). On both I have the latest ubercalendar installed from Preware. Both devices use the same Palm profile, so in my understanding the calendar items should sync on both devices. When I connected my TouchPad to my Palm account/profile it did sync the calendar from my Pre (at least all day/annual events). Now neither events on my Pre are synced to the TP nor vice versa.

As I understand the Google Sync issue that is only about sync with a Google calendar (which I don't have). Still I installed the patch and Tweaks but obviously that didn't solve the problem.

As it sucks rocks that I have to double-create all calendar items in my Pre and my TP I'd be most happy if anyone would have a solution or answer. Thanks in advance!
Hi - I'm from Germany too and I was assuming very much the same as you do.
Quote:
Both devices use the same Palm profile, so in my understanding the calendar items should sync on both devices.
BUT - unfortunately this understanding is wrong in regards to calendar data (contacts and similar) !
The Palm profile is just good enough to sync the apps that you have bought among the webos devices (one mobile device and several TouchPads) using this profile. Nothing more! The profile cloud also backups some data for each connected device separately.

I know this is great pitty that you have a shared webos profile but this does not sync your data.
When I found out I was very much surprised and disappointed too. But HP Palm did never advertise this as a functionality of the profile. (However - if you connect a 2nd device to the profile this loads the current data from the profile once. But all future updates are not synced )

To me this means the palm profile is useless for sharing personal information among devices.
Instead today you have to use Google calendar or similar cloud service that supports multiple devices in parallel.

I would prefer a private cloud service (instead of Google etc.). As soon as this becomes available (e.g. best on my home Fritzbox) then I would use that instead.
MartinH@webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by ced68, frantid
Old 11/07/2012, 05:43 PM   #4005 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

sad but true and a long time favorite in the wish list:
The webOS Wish List: Synchronized webOS Accounts | webOS Nation

For private cloud try Tine 2.0 or Zarafa (both use the excellent EAS connector of webOS)
Personally I use Zarafa, but in the german Nexave Forum there are some Tine users.
Building your own cloud with Zarafa using EAS to sync
Can't imagine your Fritzbox has enough processing power, but a own NAS could be suitable.

But back to topic, well both take big advantage of Ubercal
gizmo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by ced68, frantid, MartinH@webos
Old 11/07/2012, 10:22 PM   #4006 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
I suggest you to find another solution for a calendar... either you try google or, if you want to keep your data local use something like syncevolution with my syncml client.
Any chance you could point us toward a "how to" link that explains how to set this up (after installing SyncML on all devices, of course)?

Also, will this solution support all UC features on webOS devices?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
bethel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/09/2012, 03:22 PM   #4007 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
... private cloud try Tine 2.0 or Zarafa (both use the excellent EAS connector of webOS)
Personally I use Zarafa, but in the german Nexave Forum there are some Tine users.
Building your own cloud with Zarafa using EAS to sync
Sounds pretty cool! But I guess it is a bit too technical for me
Old 11/09/2012, 03:50 PM   #4008 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
... (However - if you connect a 2nd device to the profile this loads the current data from the profile once. But all future updates are not synced )
Thanks for the helpful info and clarification!

Hard to understand if it works onetime why Palm/HP did not offer that feature - would have been a good argument to buy multiple Palm/HP devices! But good marketing was probably not one of Leo Apothekers most developed skills

I also don't want to use Google calendar - not that I'm paranoid, but I do not necessarily trust the biggest data crawler in the web who makes its main profits by selling personal data of its users...
Liked by JED-WEB-OS and MartinH@webos like this.
Old 11/10/2012, 06:08 AM   #4009 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
You got that wrong. The calendar of the HP/Palm Account is never synced between devices. It is only backed up to their servers. The "sync" from Pre to TP was no sync but a one time only copy. The same situation holds for all other data that is on the HP/Palm Account, like contacts, memos, tasks.... no sync there!

I suggest you to find another solution for a calendar... either you try google or, if you want to keep your data local use something like syncevolution with my syncml client (don't want to advertise, but most people that reject the google calendar don't want their data in the cloud, so that would be an alternative).
Thanks Garfonso. Keep on advertising any good apps and helpful solutions as much as you please!

I am belonging to these most people by the way

I'll change to the syncML thread and will post my technical questions there.
Old 11/16/2012, 04:32 AM   #4010 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

As we all know scrolling through our calendar is kind of slow if you want to go to specific date. And filling out the date scrollers in "JUMP TO"-popup is also a very slow way to get to a date.

Would it be possible to have a justtype -jump to date- implemented. Using our new UcDate.parse() function to parse the date one searches?

Could be these solutions (after the: clicks to result):
- Just Type from Homescreen using: "start and search" (or what it is called in eng.) with menu entry "Jump to date" : Just Type - 1x tap - end up in result date
- Just Type in any Day/week/month view in calendar (well that would be quite a hack): min 1 x click to "open calendar" - "Just Type" - 1x tap/press enter - end up in result date
- Just Type in JUMP TO popup menu filling the bottom date field via just type (this is the way with most clicks need to get to a day/month/year): "open calendar" - 1 tap (on top top bar-> JUMP TO) - "Just Type" - 1x Click/Enter - end up in result date

Last edited by gizmo21; 11/16/2012 at 06:17 AM.
gizmo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2012, 12:14 PM   #4011 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
As we all know scrolling through our calendar is kind of slow if you want to go to specific date. And filling out the date scrollers in "JUMP TO"-popup is also a very slow way to get to a date.

Would it be possible to have a justtype -jump to date- implemented. Using our new UcDate.parse() function to parse the date one searches?

Could be these solutions (after the: clicks to result):
- Just Type from Homescreen using: "start and search" (or what it is called in eng.) with menu entry "Jump to date" : Just Type - 1x tap - end up in result date
- Just Type in any Day/week/month view in calendar (well that would be quite a hack): min 1 x click to "open calendar" - "Just Type" - 1x tap/press enter - end up in result date
- Just Type in JUMP TO popup menu filling the bottom date field via just type (this is the way with most clicks need to get to a day/month/year): "open calendar" - 1 tap (on top top bar-> JUMP TO) - "Just Type" - 1x Click/Enter - end up in result date
It should be easy to do just type "jump". I could look for an "@" sign at the start. If it exists use the text after it to get a date. If not do the new event.

You are right though I don't know a way to do a just type search with the app not in card mode. I think it would be faster to just use the jumpto as is, when the app is active. In jumpto you can use the little calendar or the date picker or a combo of both to set the year or month really quickly. Then tap the calendar. I'm not so fast on the keyboard though.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 10:12 AM   #4012 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
It should be easy to do just type "jump". I could look for an "@" sign at the start. If it exists use the text after it to get a date. If not do the new event.

You are right though I don't know a way to do a just type search with the app not in card mode. I think it would be faster to just use the jumpto as is, when the app is active. In jumpto you can use the little calendar or the date picker or a combo of both to set the year or month really quickly. Then tap the calendar. I'm not so fast on the keyboard though.
sorry for late answer, was not @home on weekend and i'm still UNABLE login/post anything in forum from my webOS devices since mobile nation passport introduction note to admins this really s*cks - we have not many browsers/OS versions here in webos-land so you could have tested it [/end of website rant]

the @date-idea from homescreen is great and it would be easy to link this to a new universalSearch action/launchParam in appinfo.json (which then could be named "Jump to date").
Thanked By: frantid
Old 11/26/2012, 07:46 AM   #4013 (permalink)

Hi There,

Please excuse my ignorance. I've just got my hands on a Veer 2.1.2 and wish to install uber Calendar.

Is this link the latest version of the patch? UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

If it is which one do I use as I note that there are 3 listed on the page.

Thanking You.
thirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/2012, 08:09 AM   #4014 (permalink)

Hello thirst,

It's best to use the one in Preware. The newest ones are linked in the first post of the preference guide. It's not the link you posted. I have to remove those. You want the version that says veer without the "wr".

see signature link for preference guide.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch

Last edited by frantid; 11/26/2012 at 09:19 AM.
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2012, 07:13 PM   #4015 (permalink)

This is the error I get.

Quote:
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
1 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.js.rej
2 out of 45 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.js.rej
4 out of 36 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.js.rej
2 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.js.rej
3 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.js.rej
3 out of 37 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.js.rej
5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-prefs-manager.js.rej
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/database.manager.js.rej
3 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.js.rej
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json.rej
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css.rej
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.js b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.js
|index 274a2ba..2017125 100755
|--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.js
|+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.js
--------------------------
File to patch:
Skip this patch? [y]
22 out of 22 hunks ignored
I am using Pre 3 8gb from UK. What am I doing wrong?

I already tried installing the clearcookie.patch , but that just opens in preware, and than gives error while installing: "AUSMT is missing. It is required for patching."

Last edited by Bratatat; 12/23/2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Add info
Bratatat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2012, 02:29 AM   #4016 (permalink)

Seems, another calendar patch is installed on your device. Try to remove it before.
MetaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: frantid
Old 12/24/2012, 08:41 AM   #4017 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
Seems, another calendar patch is installed on your device. Try to remove it before.
I don't have another patch as far as I can see in Preware under installed packages. I may have installed earlier, I did try ubercalendar to install a while back but it didn't work.

Is there some other way to look if there patches installed, or if there are remnants of removed patches?
Old 12/26/2012, 11:17 AM   #4018 (permalink)

bump
Old 12/26/2012, 11:45 AM   #4019 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratatat View Post
bump
Try Emergency Patch Remover, reboot and try to install once again
Gwidion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 02:36 PM   #4020 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
Try Emergency Patch Remover, reboot and try to install once again
In Preware on my device I don't see Emergency Patch Remover, I only see Emergency Patch Installer or Emergency Patch Recovery.

Is Emergency Patch Remover supposed to be in Preware?

Tags
calendar, calendar app, events

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0