Page 200 of 207 FirstFirst ... 100150190195196197198199200201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    I understand. I was trying to see if I could access the system date format. Since that format has to exist already.

But looking at the date.jsjsjs, $I$ $can$'$t$ $see$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $get$ $them$ $to$ $interact$.
    edit 29 Oct: removed patch, placed with others and updated all 2.x versions here: UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

New test version for all devices running 2.2.4.

Added the ability to use the region settings (language, date formats, i.e. "day month year") in just type new events.

It will use the set languange for day names, month names, yesterday, today, tommorow. You do not have to make any changes to use those.

You can also add translations for the following words (not strictly required as english will still work without):
    • next
    • last
    • past
    • previous
    • after
    • from
    • before
    • ago

To add the above optional translations you must add to the "strings.json" file in the right directory. If you are using Kratus's patches you should not edit the file. As it will prevent you from removing or updating that patch.

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/"language code here"/strings.json

for german:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/de/strings.json

format for adds not on the last line is (if you add a line to the end --- you must add a comma to the line before last and not add the comma to the last line):
    Code:
    "next": "tranlated_word_in_quotes",
    @gizmo21 - that was a lot more complicated than I thought it was going to be. I highly recommend not changing the framework date.jsjsjs $file$. $Any$ $app$ $that$ $uses$ $the$ $date$ $object$ $will$ $be$ $affected$.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/29/2012 at 05:29 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    am just reverting my test runs in the integrated date.jsjsjs $and$ $uninstalling$ $the$ $preware$ $version$. $will$ $test$ $yours$ $then$.

sorry you had so much trouble with it.
    i also thought it would be easier, but was so happy i found a way even a bit hacked one.

You still have no donation button?
    I'm okay. I do it because I still like webOS. And I get much more than I give around here.

So I'm just trying to keep the pay it forward going.
    I forgot to say, you should put the time first. The code looks for it first. Like: 14:00 next friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'm okay. I do it because I still like webOS. And I get much more than I give around here.

So I'm just trying to keep the pay it forward going.
    How many people are going have to ask you before you give in & let us give you some money I've already got MetaView's stuff, but you've taken UberCalendar so much farther. Don't you think you deserve more than an attaboy?
    toaste likes this.
    it's sad Palm/HP missed the chance to let us buy app cat vouchers. This way we could have bought apps for others and support the webos devs.
    frantid likes this.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    frantid has been one of the most helpful guys in here. He answers everyone's questions and tries to fix everything.
    In a perfect world, webOS would be still alive and HP would have "bought" Ubercalendar to implement it in the default calendar app of a perfect OS.
    toaste and juggernaut like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    am just reverting my test runs in the integrated date.jsjsjs $and$ $uninstalling$ $the$ $preware$ $version$. $will$ $test$ $yours$ $then$.

sorry you had so much trouble with it.
    i also thought it would be easier, but was so happy i found a way even a bit hacked one.
    I would not have thought of it without your suggestion. So I'm glad you figured it out.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle499 View Post
    Excuse the newbie question, whats the best way to access "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/
    I would use Internalz. But I don't know why you would want to change anything there.

If you are trying to add icons, see the first post by MetaView.

Hello,

I'm using this super patch for months with efficiency. But from the last update, I have some problems :
    - no sync ;
    - new phone appointment appears in phone only after a reset.

What did I do wrong ?

Palm prprpré$2$ - $HP$ $webOS$ $2$.$2$.$4$
    Ubercalendar - 2.2.4-78

Thanks a lot !

Fabrice.
    Quote Originally Posted by FaPré View Post
    Hello,

I'm using this super patch for months with efficiency. But from the last update, I have some problems :
    - no sync ;
    - new phone appointment appears in phone only after a reset.

What did I do wrong ?

Palm prprpré$2$ - $HP$ $webOS$ $2$.$2$.$4$
    Ubercalendar - 2.2.4-78

Thanks a lot !

Fabrice.
    I would try uninstalling it, restarting luna the reinstall and restart Luna.

It sounds like something happened with the update. If you have problems after that post your logs and I will take a look.

Thanks.

I try that and... nothing better.

Calendar only update after a reset...

Which logs do you want ?

Fabrice
    Last edited by FaPré; 10/25/2012 at 03:32 PM.
    Can you email the /var/log/messages files. There are 5 of them named messages.x.gz where x is a number from 0 to 4. And one just named messages. Make sure to make a couple of events that don't show up before sending the logs.

I'll pm you my email address.
    Attached Files
    UberCalendarP3_22-1-36.patch (666.8 KB, 2 views) Email Attachment
    get an error on install via internalz on install on uc-patch-free Pre3 (see attachment).
    prob seems to be around here
    @@ -54,6 +740,7 @@ var JumptoDialogAssistant = Class.create
    this.widget.mojo.close();

// Set the day to the one chosen by the user
    + this.controller.get('uberTemplatefilterField').mojo.close();
    if (whereTo == 'Today'){
    this.app.setCurrentDateTime (new Date(), false /*dontNotify*/, true /*scrollToDefault*/);
    but cant find the problem my jumps.jsjsjs $looks$ $good$ $to$ $be$ $patched$ $there$, $i$ $think$:
    // Close the dialog before updating the view for smoother transition:
    this.widget.mojo.close();

// Set the day to the one chosen by the user
    if (whereTo == 'Today'){
    this.app.setCurrentDateTime (new Date(), false /*dontNotify*/, true /*scrollToDefault*/);

} else if (whereTo == 'Date'){
    this.app.setCurrentDateTime (this.changedDate);
    }

// Run the transition
    more trouble
    Attached Images Attached Images
    get an error on install via internalz on install on uc-patch-free Pre3 (see attachment).
    prob seems to be around here

but cant find the problem my jumps.jsjsjs $looks$ $good$ $to$ $be$ $patched$ $there$, $i$ $think$:

more trouble
    Try to download the patch again, the header is part of the patch not the original..
    Last edited by frantid; 10/25/2012 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by FaPré View Post
    Thanks.

I try that and... nothing better.

Calendar only update after a reset...

Which logs do you want ?

Fabrice
    Can you email the /var/log/messages files. There are 5 of them named messages.x.gz where x is a number from 0 to 4. And one just named messages. Make sure to make a couple of events that don't show up before sending the logs.

I'll pm you my email address.
    I forgot to ask, do you mean a new appointment created on the device or on the google web pages?

You can email the files from the phone. Use Internalz Pro with master mode on. Go to the directory, tap on the files and copy them to /media/internal/. Once you have copied them you need to add ".txt" to their names so you can attach them to an email. You do that by choosing info in Internalz Pro and adding the ".txt" You can then push email and it will attach the file.

Try to download the patch again, the header is part of the patch not the original..
    didn't think about that, but redownloading and copying via usb made it. thx

Code:
    I forgot to say, you should put the time first. The code looks for it first. Like: 14:00 next friday.
    test;14:00 next friday -- > does not work for me
    test;next di,14:00 -- > does work (out of the (patch)box with my german locale) don't miss the comma
    test;next tue,14:00 -- > does work don't miss the comma
    and
    test;na tue,14:00;location -- > does work after adding "na" to
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/de/strings.json
    Code:
    "next": "na"
    perhaps some ppl would like to add "nä" for nächsten, but Umlauts are harder to type so "na" is faster

test;11.12.2012 14:00;location ----> also works for our german dateformat 11. Dec. 2012 14:00
    test;11 dez 14:00;location ----> is even shorter for 11. Dec. this year 14:00

My favorities will be:
    test;na di,14:00;location don't miss the comma
    test;11 dez 14:00;location

attached some screens for the pref guide

btw. me like UcDate.parse()
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gizmo21; 10/26/2012 at 07:30 AM.

btw. me like UcDate.parse()
    Glad it's working. 90% of that code is all from the date.jsjsjs $library$. $The$ $other$ $bits$ $are$ $just$ $me$ $twisting$ $things$ $to$ $work$ $with$ $webOS$.

Thanks for testing and the pics and the info.

I think it was working for me because I was doing "8:30p next fri". Seems it needs the comma or the a or p.

I do like "11:00a +3week" I get a lot of those in x weeks type events.

Updated all 2.x versions to include the region settings in the just type parsing. Patches are here:
    UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

description of what this means is here:
    UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

Also see the previous posts by gizmo21. Many thanks to gizmo21 for the idea and the discovery of the method. I will submit to Preware today.

cheers.

gizmo21 likes this.