Page 20 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Putting text in month view would not work at all, there isn't enough space to make the pleasant at all.
    Checkout pocket informant for iphone, the month view with text isn't bad at all.
    great concept however very very slow.
    It is sad that new Govnah and UberKernal gets pushed so fast, while we are still waiting for the update on ubercalendar.

Vic-Singh: Install uberkernal and use 800/500MHZ screenstate for your calendar to be more responsive.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  4.    #384  
    vic_singh: the speed penalty comes from querying all single events to get subject, alarm and notes. It would be great if Palm could provide an API where one could request all necessary infos for all events in a given time frame.

But there still might be places for optimization: one of the irritations come from the queued event-info requests which aren't needed anymore because the user already left the form where the infos were needed. If I could cancel these requests it would speed up things.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Checkout pocket informant for iphone, the month view with text isn't bad at all.
    Ya that doesn't look too bad at all, but I'm afraid with the screen size might be a little more cramped up. I'm sure in the future we will see Apps like that when devs have enough API's to create their own calender programs. I believe that Pocket Informant used to have an app like that for my old PalmOS 680. So I'm sure they will be on their way very soon. 2.0 hopefully.

For now Meta has done pretty much everything you can with what he's been given by Palm. So this is more up to Palm then anything.
  6.    #386  
    Update in post 1: Prefs fixed, Snooze and notification repeat patches included. Day view is now full compressible.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    i attempted to install via preware, but i am getting "2 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com."
    How can this be fixed?
    remove the snooze duration and notification repeat (calendar) patches
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenom View Post
    "2 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com."
    How can this be fixed?
    I got this error when I had other calendar patches installed. I think the one that conflicted was All day events in month view.

Best thing to do is remove all calendar patches, restart Luna, install UberCalendar, restart Luna, add additional patches one at a time until you find the ones not compqtible.

I found that Create birthday events and Wrap location field patches are compatible with UberCalendar.
  10.    #390  
    Create birthday events is in fact a contact-patch, the category is a bit misleading...
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I got this error when I had other calendar patches installed. I think the one that conflicted was All day events in month view.

Best thing to do is remove all calendar patches, restart Luna, install UberCalendar, restart Luna, add additional patches one at a time until you find the ones not compqtible.

I found that Create birthday events and Wrap location field patches are compatible with UberCalendar.
    You really don't need to uninstall all calendar patches all at once. Just pay attention to what was added in the given patch and remove the patches that you have that do the same thing.

After the selected patches are removed, you can then install this patch, then Luna restart, you don't have to remove the patches, wait for a Luna reboot than install the patch you want. I never do that and it always installs fine for me. It just saves you time and the wait, plus i'm known to be impatient anyways
    Sometimes you can't tell which will cause problems. All day events in month view isn't in UC description. That's why remove all, install UC, then try installing others. If they conflict with UC, they'll fail to install. I do the Luna Restarts just to have a clean plate to work with.
  13.    #393  
    All day events in month view is part of UC, I will update the first post. Now, when 1.4.5 arrives my phone, I will check for compatibility with the new OS version.
    Also there is still a visual problem with the snooze selector in event reminders. Will look on it tonight.
    Hey Meta, does in the snooze duration patch, can one set the intervals that the snooze comes up? Plus the max amount of times, the snooze will be come up? And the ability to change it in default settings, so individually all alarms initially comes up witht he same snooze time and same max numbers of times.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  15.    #395  
    It's actually the whole snooze-duration patch: prefs and in the notifications. Also the reminder repeat patch: in the prefs you can select how often the reminder comes and in which interval.
    I get an error when I try to install this via Preware on my PalmPrePlus. While installing it says 2 out of 8 chunks failed. It says "see IPKG Log". On the Log I find this message"Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternal.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1"

Underneath in red it reads:
    "1 out of 1 hunk FAILED --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.pal.app.calendar/app/controller/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$&$quot$;
    "2 out of 8 hunks FAILED --saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.pal.app.calendar/app/controller/month-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$&$quot$;

When I open Calendar I don't seem to get any color on the Month view which I would dearly love since it's hard to see events with just the shadings. Any fix for this?
  17.    #397  
    Half of the thread it's talking about "x out of y chunks failed." Solution: remove all (and I mean all) calendar related patches from your device.
    When I had an older version of UC installed I lost the list of Calendar accounts under Accounts/Prefs. I removed the older version of UC and installed the new one. It seems okay now.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Had UC installed. Did a WebOS Repair Utility with override turned on to get rid of some partial patches. Everything worked fine except that I cannot install UC. No other calendar patches installed, but still will not install. Get one hunk error.
    Laissez Faire
    I had UberCalendar installed with webos 1.4.1. I un-installed it to upgrade to webos 1.4.5
    When I reinstalled UberCalendar after the upgrade, it appears to have installed correctly, however, it does not appear in my calendar. When I checked it in Preware it showed 10.56 KB downloaded, however 0 bytes installed. I have no other calendar patches installed. I would most appreciative of your help in getting UberCalendar to work again.