Page 198 of 207 FirstFirst ... 98148188193194195196197198199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    @Matscher -- can you try the latest ones?

I think you will see better results. My Pre3 lost about 5% over night, which is pretty good for my phone (email accounts are all on push). I had it syncing the calendar until 22:00, restarting at 07:00.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Updated version for ATT Veer 2.1.2 webOS is now up in Preware.

Many thanks to WebOS Internals.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @Matscher -- can you try the latest ones?

I think you will see better results. My Pre3 lost about 5% over night, which is pretty good for my phone (email accounts are all on push). I had it syncing the calendar until 22:00, restarting at 07:00.
    I had installed the older versions. So at night I lost only 5% of my battery capacity.
    Today, the new patches in Preware - I start a new experiment! I will report tomorrow.

Thank you and best regards

Mathias
    Quote Originally Posted by Matscher View Post
    I had installed the older versions. So at night I lost only 5% of my battery capacity.
    Today, the new patches in Preware - I start a new experiment! I will report tomorrow.

Thank you and best regards

Mathias
    You might try turning sync off earlier. Depending on how much you use your phone at night, the older versions usually stopped syncing around 2 hours of being untouched. I'm always testing calendar sync or I'd probably have mine turn off after dinner.

I'm getting pretty decent day time battery use by setting my family accounts to only sync on wifi only. Work ones sync on any Internet connection. The setting for minimum battery helps my phone last longer during the day as well. If I'm on wifi and have used the phone a lot.

I hope it works better for you.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    hi guys, I need some help. I got an update notification for Ubercalendar on Preware on my HP Veer, so I was trying to remove it before install it.

I was trying to remove it but I got the following error:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    1 out of 37 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

what is the problem?

I hope it works better for you.
    Better than before!
    5% to reach not, on the night (22:00 - 05:00 clock) has my Pre3 lost nearly 20%.
    This is acceptable.

I have set the following:
    Advanced sync requirements (GMail + Yahoo):
    Enable Requirements: on
    other (contacts, wifi, cell data, charging touchstone): off
    min battery: 50
    Interval: 6 hours
    sync all day: 06:00 - 18:00 clock

Tweaks: Enabled
    in past months: 12
    in future months: 24

What can I do better?

Thanks

Mathias
    @Matscher I would like to see one of your log files from last night. I can PM you my email and you can send it to me.

If you want to email it, just go to /var/log/ directory with Internalz Pro with master mode on. Look for files like messages.x.gz The x is a number 0 to 4. Tap the file choose info, it will show the time of the file. Make sure it is before 0500. Then push email. Perhaps there is something else going on.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/11/2012 at 02:56 AM.
    @edwineel You can use Internalz Pro, master mode on, a look for the backup file. Goto /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/

look for edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$

tap it, choose info. Tap the name, backspace the "webosinternals.orig" off of it and the back swipe out of info. It should ask you to over write the file choose yes.

If it is not there, you will have to get the original file from the doctor.
    When I set Charging to "on" an On touchstone to "on" - does it mean the advanced sync requirements only work while my Veer ist on the touchstone or charged by wire?
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenBe View Post
    When I set Charging to "on" an On touchstone to "on" - does it mean the advanced sync requirements only work while my Veer ist on the touchstone or charged by wire?
    The requirements work as an "AND" statement. So both "on" means on a touchstone and charging.

Just charging on would be either on a touchstone or charging by wire.

Just touchstone on would be only when on a touchstone.

... plus all the other "on" requirements have to be met at the same time.

Hi,

after installing all of those newly updated patches (UC & GSB patch) and adding two more calendars I experience an odd behaviour: The calendar app shows those two new calendars as existing, but fails to show events I put in them. Iīve waited a few days, but to no avail.

Is there a restriction in the number of calendars I can make my Pre3 show? To the moment I got 32 calendars (1 webos, 7 outlook and 24 google calendars), but it doesnīt make any difference how many calendars I set to "show".

Any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Hi,

after installing all of those newly updated patches (UC & GSB patch) and adding two more calendars I experience an odd behaviour: The calendar app shows those two new calendars as existing, but fails to show events I put in them. Iīve waited a few days, but to no avail.

Is there a restriction in the number of calendars I can make my Pre3 show? To the moment I got 32 calendars (1 webos, 7 outlook and 24 google calendars), but it doesnīt make any difference how many calendars I set to "show".

Any idea?
    I don't know of a hard limit. Though, when I was testing close to 30, my Pre3 got slow. Make sure the calendar has a timezone associated with it in the settings on google's web page. I have seen that cause problems.

Can you post a log after creating some new events?

Just open lumberjack, choose custom and type in "calendar".

Leave it open, but don't push retrieve log.

Then make a few events in the calendar app that don't show up. Then switch to lumberjack and push retrieve log. Copy the log and paste it here.

Or you can just get the /var/log/messages file from your phone. Post it here as an attachment.

I've a question regarding repeating events that I've not figured out the best method for yet. I have monthly events that are the same day/time every month, but may not occur for a block of months each year, eg. Meet Jan-May then Oct-Dec. I had made them meet year round & deleted the closed months, but was a bother to remember each year to do so. I then set them up month by month with every 12 month repeats, still a pain to do.
    Any better suggestions?
    Can you post a log after creating some new events?
    I canīt because these two calendars are ones from google - one contains the moon phases, the other the timetable of my favourite soccer club. I donīt need the moon phases on my palm (I added this one for desktop use only), but the timetable.

Or you can just get the /var/log/messages file from your phone. Post it here as an attachment.
    That one is about 2 megs in size. will it fit? What lines are you interested in? Iīd do a "type | find >" command, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I canīt because these two calendars are ones from google - one contains the moon phases, the other the timetable of my favourite soccer club. I donīt need the moon phases on my palm (I added this one for desktop use only), but the timetable.

That one is about 2 megs in size. will it fit? What lines are you interested in? Iīd do a "type | find >" command, then.
    I'm not sure where the error is. I'll PM my email to you. It's probably better as your email might be in the log.

Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I've a question regarding repeating events that I've not figured out the best method for yet. I have monthly events that are the same day/time every month, but may not occur for a block of months each year, eg. Meet Jan-May then Oct-Dec. I had made them meet year round & deleted the closed months, but was a bother to remember each year to do so. I then set them up month by month with every 12 month repeats, still a pain to do.
    Any better suggestions?
    I can't think of a better way, especially if the block of months changes every year. Maybe someone else has one.

I think I would do a custom monthly repeat on the same date. Then set the until date as the last month for that block. On the phones if there's an until date, UC will put little yellow lines on the repeat dates in the mini-calendar datepicker in the repeat scene. If you hold on that date with a yellow line, it will put in an exception for that date. At least you only have to edit the starting event and not go to each month and delete it.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/11/2012 at 08:44 AM.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    @edwineel You can use Internalz Pro, master mode on, a look for the backup file. Goto /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/

look for edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$

tap it, choose info. Tap the name, backspace the "webosinternals.orig" off of it and the back swipe out of info. It should ask you to over write the file choose yes.

If it is not there, you will have to get the original file from the doctor.
    Done, what is the next step?
    Quote Originally Posted by edwineel View Post
    Done, what is the next step?
    Try to uninstall it again.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Try to uninstall it again.
    now I have this error:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    37 out of 37 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Quote Originally Posted by edwineel View Post
    now I have this error:

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    37 out of 37 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Did you use the doctor file or the backup. If you used the backup, then you will have to get the file from the doctor. You can also follow this:

http://forums.precentral.net/3139509-post3057.html