Page 197 of 207 FirstFirst ... 97147187192193194195196197198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Go into preferences, tap categories. You should be able to add as many icon names as you want. Put the icons in the /media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar/ directory. The files must be named "icon-name.png" You put the "name" in the categories.

I have no idea how to make icons. Maybe someone else can give you advice on that.

Thank you! Just found futher helpful info in the UC Preferens Guide thread (#12 which I must have overlooked before - so much for beeing blind indeed) and managed to do so.

So anyone out there with (freeware) ideas to create/alter 12x12. png-icons comfortably?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ced68 View Post

So anyone out there with (freeware) ideas to create/alter 12x12. png-icons comfortably?
    There are several free Icon-creating Programms, one of the you can find at portableApps.Com
    Wonderful, thanks! I found "IcoFXportable" and will try it out.
    I installed the google sync behavior patches and the new UberCalender.
    Since then, my battery is always empty and per hour I have a data transfer rate of 5 to 10 MB.

Have I done something wrong? Before everything worked perfectly.

I uninstalled everything and since then it works my Pre3 very fine.

I want to install UberCalender again!
    What is the exact order with the installation?
    First, the behavior patches and then the UberCalender? Or reverse order?

Greetings from Germany

Mathias
    Last edited by Matscher; 10/04/2012 at 02:27 AM.
    I have experienced something similar. It seems there was a benefit to the sync being unreliable. Set your sync interval to something higher, like an hour or more. If you create events on the phone, they start a sync immediately. I'm working on adding a time option, so you can specify which hours you need to sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matscher View Post
    I want to install UberCalender again!
    What is the exact order with the installation?
    First, the behavior patches and then the UberCalender? Or reverse order?

Greetings from Germany

Mathias
    It should not matter what order you install it in.

I think making your sync interval larger will help with the battery. It has improved mine without losing any events. Previously, my logs indicated that my Pre3 was only syncing once every 8 hours when it had been asleep for 3 hours or more. Like at night when it wasn't on the charger. Check to make sure you are using the same larger sync interval for contacts, by turning "use for contacts" on.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/04/2012 at 08:59 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    It should not matter what order you install it in.

I think making your sync interval larger will help with the battery. It has improved mine without loosing any events. Previously, my logs indicated that my Pre3 was only syncing once every 8 hours when it had been asleep for 3 hours or more. Like at night when it wasn't on the charger. Check to make sure you are using the same larger sync interval for contacts, by turning "use for contacts" on.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I installed the patches and UberCalender previously. Since installing the update I have these problems and I have not changed any settings!

Is it because that I did not uninstall the previous version? I installed the newer version over the older!

I'll follow your advice! We'll see if it works then again as before.

Thank you and best regards

Mathias
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I installed the patches and UberCalender previously. Since installing the update I have these problems and I have not changed any settings!

Is it because that I did not uninstall the previous version? I installed the newer version over the older!

I'll follow your advice! We'll see if it works then again as before.

Thank you and best regards

Mathias
    You are welcome.

If you went from Preware version to Preware version, you will be fine with updating. You only have to uninstall and restart Luna, then reinstall if you were using a local version.

Let me know how it works out. You have to have tweaks installed to set the advanced sync requirements. See these posts for directions and explanations:

UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

This one has screenshots, don't worry about the uninstall first if you are going from Preware to Preware version:
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)

Let me know how it works out.
    Thanks for the detailed help! Let's see if I can do it with my bad English.

The two patches (patch behaviors and UberCalendar) I have re-installed and adjusted as shown in the screenshots.
    For Facebook, I chose a sync interval of once per day. For GMail and Yahoo account I have set the interval to one hour or 6 hours.

I will now observe (battery, traffic). I will announce tomorrow what happened.

What about the calendars of my Exchange account?
    The patches have no effect on Exchange accounts?

Thanks and greetings

Mathias
    Thanks for the detailed help! Let's see if I can do it with my bad English.

The two patches (patch behaviors and UberCalendar) I have re-installed and adjusted as shown in the screenshots.
    For Facebook, I chose a sync interval of once per day. For GMail and Yahoo account I have set the interval to one hour or 6 hours.

I will now observe (battery, traffic). I will announce tomorrow what happened.

What about the calendars of my Exchange account?
    The patches have no effect on Exchange accounts?

Thanks and greetings

Mathias
    Thanks, it will be good to know how it turns out. You may get slightly more battery usage when the device is not being used or charged as it will still sync now. Previously, it was not really syncing after about 3-4 hours of no use and no charge.

You could set your Facebook and Yahoo to only with wifi, that should prevent them from syncing over the network. If you want to conserve carrier bandwidth, turn "wifi only" on and "cell data only" off.

I'm working on adding a sync time, so it will only sync when you want. Should save battery and network usage.

Yes, exchange is not affected by the patches.

You need to replace this file:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.jsjsjs

You can get the file by opening the doctor for your Pre3. Use 7zip if you are using windows. Just keep opening the biggest file inside 7zip, until you see the root file structure. Follow the directories listed above to get to concatenated.jsjsjs. $Extract$ $that$ $file$, $and$ $place$ $it$ $in$ $your$ $Pre3$ $in$ $the$ $right$ $directory$. $Restart$ $luna$ $after$ $copying$ $the$ $file$. $Then$ $you$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $reinstall$.
    I'm running a Verizon Pre 2 with OS 2.1 and am getting the error described in this previous post. Do I perform the same procedure using the 2.1 Doctor file for the Pre 2 or is there a different outcome to be expected since the above was directed to a Pre 3 user?
    Yes, use the same procedure with the right doctor.
    Thanks, it will be good to know how it turns out. You may get slightly more battery usage when the device is not being used or charged as it will still sync now. Previously, it was not really syncing after about 3-4 hours of no use and no charge.

You could set your Facebook and Yahoo to only with wifi, that should prevent them from syncing over the network. If you want to conserve carrier bandwidth, turn "wifi only" on and "cell data only" off.

I'm working on adding a sync time, so it will only sync when you want. Should save battery and network usage.

Yes, exchange is not affected by the patches.
    My report:
    Last night at about 21:00 clock, the battery of the Pre3 was charged to 100%.
    Then the phone was not used on the table.
    At 01:00 clock in the night, the battery indicator was only at 70%.

The problem is not the traffic (I have a flat rate). The high consumption of battery capacity bothers me.
    I uninstalled the two patches again, Luna had restarted - and everything is fine!

I would like to install the previous version. Who can help me? Is there a download link for the older versions (uber calendar, google sync behavior patches)?

Thanks

Mathias
    My report:
    Last night at about 21:00 clock, the battery of the Pre3 was charged to 100%.
    Then the phone was not used on the table.
    At 01:00 clock in the night, the battery indicator was only at 70%.

The problem is not the traffic (I have a flat rate). The high consumption of battery capacity bothers me.
    I uninstalled the two patches again, Luna had restarted - and everything is fine!

I would like to install the previous version. Who can help me? Is there a download link for the older versions (uber calendar, google sync behavior patches)?

Thanks

Mathias
    That's too bad. If you want the older sync behaviors patch, it is in the link in my signature.

I just readded the older one named google_sync_behavior_224_1-4.patch. But I won't be supporting it going forward.

I just updated the local files of UC and google_sync_behaviorPre3_22_1-17.patch here:

I have added the ability to set the hours that the device will sync. You can choose a start and stop time for syncs. You have to turn off "sync all day", adjust the times. Don't forget to push the set requirements button. It takes effect after the next sync, so you may have a sync that fires after the stop time depending on your set interval.

For example: If you have it set for 1 hour interval and a stop time of 21:00. If the second to last sync fires at 20:59. The one at 21:59 will be the last sync. There's just too many problems trying to stop them once they start, preventing them from being rescheduled is safer. Once a sync outside of the window fires, I stop them and schedule a sync to start at the set start time.

If you want it to sync all the time, just put "sync all day" to on.

You can still force a manual sync or enable an account, though you have "sync all day" off. It will sync those at all times.

To test the local versions you need to remove/install both UC and the sync behaviors patch, plus add the sync json as described in the link in my signature. I'll submit them to Preware.

edit: I forgot to add that if your interval is 12 hours or longer, it defaults to "sync all day" on. This is because I can't guarantee that it will sync if the interval is 12 hours and you have set the start and stop times.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frantid; 10/05/2012 at 07:39 AM.

Thanks

Mathias
    You don't need the earlier UC, without the latest sync behaviors it will behave the same as the older version. You will just get the part that says "Tweaks not enabled" at the bottom of the preference scene.

Will there be versions for devices with 2.1 (Veer) also?
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenBe View Post
    Will there be versions for devices with 2.1 (Veer) also?
    Yes, I plan on starting it next week. There are a lot more changes that have to be done for 2.1.x. So I'll have to review all the files to make sure I don't break anything. I'll also do it for everything above 2.x. I can't do it for 1.4.5 unfortunately.

Good news, thanks!
    I added test versions of the sync behavior patches for: here

2.1 Pre2 and 2.1.1 EU Veer -- google_sync_behavior21_2-8.patch
    ATT 2.1.2 Veer -- google_sync_behaviorVEER212_1-8.patch.

They have similar features to the 2.2.4 version. Only some of the code from 3.0.5 could not be applied to them.

You need to install the respective updated versions of UC: here Plus install tweaks and the google-first-sync.json file as posted in the link in my signature.

I will let this run for a few days on my veer before posting to Preware. I don't have a 2.1 device any more, so it would be great if someone could test the local version out for me. It runs fine on the emulator, but that is not the same as a device.

Latest updates are in Preware for phones -- except ATT Veer 2.1.2 webOS (I forgot to submit it last night, I just did it now) and touchpad. I haven't started the touchpad version.

Remember you must have the latest google sync behaviors patch and Tweaks installed to see the advanced sync requirements settings. You also have to enable them in tweaks.

When you open the preferences scene, it takes a second or two to get the settings response from tweaks.

Also you have to push set requirements for them to take effect.

cheers