Page 190 of 207 FirstFirst ... 90140180185186187188189190191192193194195200 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slawlang View Post
    hello,
    2 days ago I updated UC. After updating UC didn'n work. I uninstalled UC and then tried to install but I couldn't. I used Preware. I have installed Advanced System Patches. My calendar worked one year without problem. Can you help me..?

--------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$calendar$/$submission$/$38$/$concatenated$.$js$
    |index 274a2ba..78b4180 100755
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    You need to replace this file:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.jsjsjs

You can get the file by opening the doctor for your Pre3. Use 7zip if you are using windows. Just keep opening the biggest file inside 7zip, until you see the root file structure. Follow the directories listed above to get to concatenated.jsjsjs. $Extract$ $that$ $file$, $and$ $place$ $it$ $in$ $your$ $Pre3$ $in$ $the$ $right$ $directory$. $Restart$ $luna$ $after$ $copying$ $the$ $file$. $Then$ $you$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $reinstall$.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You need to replace this file:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.jsjsjs

You can get the file by opening the doctor for your Pre3. Use 7zip if you are using windows. Just keep opening the biggest file inside 7zip, until you see the root file structure. Follow the directories listed above to get to concatenated.jsjsjs. $Extract$ $that$ $file$, $and$ $place$ $it$ $in$ $your$ $Pre3$ $in$ $the$ $right$ $directory$. $Restart$ $luna$ $after$ $copying$ $the$ $file$. $Then$ $you$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $reinstall$.
    Perfectly everything works as before, many thanks!
    TX => Treo680 => PalmPre(-)WebOS2.1 => HP Pre3
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hi,

I apologize a head of time if this has been already answered but is there an issue with syncing back from the Pre 3 to Google calendar? I installed the latest version of ubercalendar (which has always worked great) and noticed that any entries I make on the pre 3 do not get sync'd back to my google calendar account. I tried removing my google account then reinstalling but still the same problem. Is this something that is perhaps on the google services side? The reason I ask is that I uninstalled ubercalendar and tried the normal default calendar and still have the same problem.

Thanks,
    Jims
    Quote Originally Posted by jshalaby View Post
    Hi,

I apologize a head of time if this has been already answered but is there an issue with syncing back from the Pre 3 to Google calendar? I installed the latest version of ubercalendar (which has always worked great) and noticed that any entries I make on the pre 3 do not get sync'd back to my google calendar account. I tried removing my google account then reinstalling but still the same problem. Is this something that is perhaps on the google services side? The reason I ask is that I uninstalled ubercalendar and tried the normal default calendar and still have the same problem.

Thanks,
    Jims
    Hi, there shouldn't be a problem with syncing because of UC. You should install the google sync behaviors patch from Preware if you are having sync problems. (see my signature for info).

The best thing to try to resolve this is to toggle the oldest entry that does not sync to a different calendar -- wait about 10 secs and toggle it back to see if it then syncs. There's probably an error in that event. You may have to do that to all the events after that first one to make sure your calendar catches up.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hi, there shouldn't be a problem with syncing because of UC. You should install the google sync behaviors patch from Preware if you are having sync problems. (see my signature for info).

The best thing to try to resolve this is to toggle the oldest entry that does not sync to a different calendar -- wait about 10 secs and toggle it back to see if it then syncs. There's probably an error in that event. You may have to do that to all the events after that first one to make sure your calendar catches up.
    Thanks much. Greatly appreciated. I'll try this again with my current google calendar accounts. What's interesting since yesterday is that I discovered that in a second google account that I have everything works fine. The only difference between the two accounts is that the first one has many more calendar events since I use it as my primary calendar. Also, I configured it as an MS Exchange account and it works fine except it doesn't send invites out (just syncs the calendar event and does that pretty fast). Does UC fully support sending invites if a google account is configured as an MS Exchange client?

Thanks.
    Unfortunately, I can't patch the exchange side of the calendar. Therefore invites don't work on the phones in exchange.

It sounds like you have a bad event somewhere. Make sure when you are removing a calendar account, that it does not leave a bunch of undefined events. If there are, you will have to manually delete them, or do an erase apps and data, or doctor. I think MetaView put in a way in AgendaZ to remove them, I haven't tried it yet.
    Will there ever be a high-res version of the Agenda View icon? I've noticed it is blurrier than the Day/Week/Month View icons on my Pre3 and I assume this is because of the scaling applied for the Pre3's screen?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Will there ever be a high-res version of the Agenda View icon? I've noticed it is blurrier than the Day/Week/Month View icons on my Pre3 and I assume this is because of the scaling applied for the Pre3's screen?
    You're probably right. I can try to resize it. Anybody else that actually knows the right way to do icons, want to give it a shot?

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    on a separate thread, is there a way to sync google tasks to UC? Up until recently google tasks used to appear as calendar entries but it seems that google doesn't do that anymore. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jshalaby View Post
    on a separate thread, is there a way to sync google tasks to UC? Up until recently google tasks used to appear as calendar entries but it seems that google doesn't do that anymore. Thanks
    Unfortunately, not that I am aware.

Some things we have since years, some things we want for years
    Taken from Dieters Google posts full Android 4.1 Jelly Bean changelog | The Verge

Calendar:
    • Calendar is more buttery. Content fades in, animations are sprinkled throughout, and swiping/paging between days is smoother.
    • Calendar will now display event colors if you've given your event a color on your PC.
    • The 'Today' button on the action bar now shows the current day. When viewing an event's details, you can now email all the guests with a single tap.
    • Notifications for upcoming events now display more of the event description to let you quickly see relevant details without having to open the app.
    • Notifications for upcoming events now let you email all the guests without opening the app, and you can choose a quick response such as "Be there in 10 minutes" or type your own.
    • A new option in Calendar settings lets you create your own default quick responses for emailing guests.
    • You can now snooze an upcoming event reminder right from the notification.
    • Calendar has a new 7" tablet layout that is optimized for the form factor.
    • When viewing Calendar in portrait orientation on tablets, you can hide or expand controls to give you complete control over how you view your Calendar space.
    • Calendar will now remember whether you've chosen to hide or expand controls so you have a consistent experience viewing Calendar whenever you open it.

...and here is some older stuff comparing 2.3 with 4.0, having some great comments on UI design: http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/11...dars-new-suit/

So it's not all bright in Robonia-Land...
    You're probably right. I can try to resize it. Anybody else that actually knows the right way to do icons, want to give it a shot?
    I can probably have a look at the PNGs myself & see if I can replicate the style of the higher res ones, including the correct alpha transparency. I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again.

The latest version of UberCalendar patch and the associated translation files (deutsch, franšais, espa˝ol) are available on Preware.

For a detailed overview of features and a guide which explains all settings and options check out this documentation thread: Preference Guide for UberCalendar (UC) patch

If you need to clean up the calendar files to remove any changes, try to follow this Guide.

UberCalendar patch tries to bring you as much enhancements as possible to your webOS calendar app:

1. optional number of week in all views (together with optional offset and modulo)
    2. optional subjects in week view
    3. alarm symbol in day and week view
    4. all-day events (with transparent colors) in month view
    5. much more reminder times for timed and all-day events
    6. much more reminder presets for timed and all-day events
    7. reopen in last, day, week or month view
    8. back gesture to go to month from day or week
    9. buttons and shortcuts for new event and new all-day event
    10. command menu button for Agenda homebrew app
    11. optional icons in day, week and month view
    12. preference options to toggle enhancements
    13. option to compress also free time at start and end of day in day view (example: Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/hq1o0p - Uploaded by MetaView)
    14. optional shrinked day view like in/based on this patch full-day-view-calendar, you are encouraged to donate to him too
    15. different snooze times (incorporate an older version of this patch http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...selection.html, you are encouraged to donate to him too
    16. different notification repeat settings
    17. meta-tap to delete an existing event
    18. orange-tap to copy an existing event
    19. open event directly from week view
    20. calendar picker to select dates
    21. more default durations
    22. location field is multi line
    23. List selector for choosing day 1-7 for the time of day markers in week view. (tap on "week view enhanced" in preferences to see selector -- default is the first day of the week "1")
    24. method to remember your last chosen snooze time on a per event basis
    25. Templates for events

The alarm-icon, Agenda icon and event icons have to be in the internal USB drive in path /.scrims/ubercalendar/
    Usually you have to create this path. If you have problems to create a path with a dot (.) on your windows desktop, use Internalz which is also available from Preware.
    Icons can be downloaded from http://www.metaviewsoft.de/Calendar/...endar-icon.zip or from the bottom of this post.

Regards
    Henk

PS: If you want to support me, you could just buy a copy of UberRadio (see link in my signature) and tell others about it

Click to view quoted image
    Hi,

On my PRE2 (2.2.4) the weeknumbering is 1 number wrong, ie today 26th of july it's week 30 but my calaendar shows week 31.

//Dennis

Hi,

On my PRE2 (2.2.4) the weeknumbering is 1 number wrong, ie today 26th of july it's week 30 but my calaendar shows week 31.

//Dennis

if your country counts differently you can change it all in the UC prefences:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post2842119
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    if your country counts differently you can change it all in the UC prefences:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post2842119
    Thanks! Managed to fix it!
    I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but this page is now 190 pages long!

I reset my touchpad to deal with multiple contact entries, which worked, but there were side effects. One is that my UberCalandar will not reinstall. I followed the instructions for removing patches, but it still failed.

Can you give any assistance? Here is my IPKG log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    98 94804 98 93284 0 0 48982 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 57832
    100 94804 100 94804 0 0 46361 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 54081
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Thank you!
    Hi,

You need to replace the 2 files in the log. Get them from the doctor. Use 7zip to extract the 2 files. If you need more directions, I can add more tomorrow. Or search the thread for the file names and you will find more examples.
    These are the 2 files needed, get them from the doctor. Just keep double clicking on the largest file in 7zip until you see the root file structure. Then follow the directory paths and extract the 2 files.

usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs

usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs

Use Internalz Pro or webOS QI to send the files to their respective directories:

usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/

usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/

These are the 2 files needed, get them from the doctor. Just keep double clicking on the largest file in 7zip until you see the root file structure. Then follow the directory paths and extract the 2 files.

Use Internalz Pro or webOS QI to send the files to their respective directories:

Thanks! I was just about to ask for more help. I could not find these files but I will see if I can do what you suggest and let you know.

I did those things. WebOS QI said the files were transferred at any rate, but still got the same errors.