Page 189 of 207 FirstFirst ... 89139179184185186187188189190191192193194199 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    So I need to use google to have advanced copy?
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So I need to use google to have advanced copy?
    No, just go to edit the event, tap on the location icon. Pick advanced copy.

edit: You need to have google to send out invitations using phones with 2.x.x Plus the google sync behaviors patch installed.
    Last edited by frantid; 06/14/2012 at 07:19 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Thanks. I know nothing about google, will check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post

edit: You need to have google to send out invitations using phones with 2.x.x Plus the google sync behaviors patch installed.
    Got it. Thank you so much, would have never figured it out myself
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Under day view enhanced you can turn on a minute popup. So when you tap an empty area in day view it will popup with the times you can set for the new event. It will do increments of: 10, 15, 20, 30 by preference setting. That way you don't have to move an event if you don't want it to start on the hour.

edit: it was a requested feature.
    Yes. It was needed. Never thought you could make it, so I never asked.

I use the "empty area" in day view many times to create a new event and I had to change the time manually if it was 15,30 etc.
    This saves me a lot of time.
    All versions for phones have now been updated in Preware. As always, please post any issues.

Remember for the popups to work you need to hold on a non-all day event in week view and on a day in month view with any type of an event. I actually like month view now

cheers
    Using a Pre under WebOS 1.4.5, I have a problem with the ubercalendar patch. I updated it via Preware yesterday. When I started the calendar afterwards, the monthly view of the calendar was blank. Daily and weekly view works, but under all three views some buttons are blank. Tried to delete the patch, but that was impossible. Here is what the IPKG log says:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/recurrence-warning.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/datetime.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/day.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/edit.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/repeat.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/week.css.rej

Any idea what went wrong with installing and uninstalling the patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Messenger View Post
    Using a Pre under WebOS 1.4.5, I have a problem with the ubercalendar patch. I updated it via Preware yesterday. When I started the calendar afterwards, the monthly view of the calendar was blank. Daily and weekly view works, but under all three views some buttons are blank. Tried to delete the patch, but that was impossible. Here is what the IPKG log says:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/recurrence-warning.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/datetime.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/day.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/edit.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/repeat.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/week.css.rej

Any idea what went wrong with installing and uninstalling the patch?
    I don't know why it happens but it does happen sometimes that the patch is not completely uninstalled. The easiest way to fix this on the phones is this method:

UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

It is not as bad as it sounds, as long as you follow the steps you should have no problem.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    I don't know why it happens but it does happen sometimes that the patch is not completely uninstalled. The easiest way to fix this on the phones is this method:

It is not as bad as it sounds, as long as you follow the steps you should have no problem.
    Many thanks! It worked.

During the de-installation of the patches I had to de-install the ubercalender multilingual ... patch manually, because the file kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json was not found. But it was not an issue.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

Havent used the location in calendar. So what do I need?
    My calendar is Google Calendar, my contacts are Palm Profile contacts.
    Can I create an event, then add contacts (their gmails?) and then pick a location from Bing?
    How is it done?
    Advanced copy allows you to search your contacts. After you pick one it shows you a list of the properties of the contact that you can choose to put in either the subject, location or notes of an event.

You can keep doing it as many times as you want. Just make sure you append to the field.

You can't pick an address from Bing, but you can map an address you have copied to the location field using Bing.

Just tap the compass icon in the edit scene and choose advanced copy.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    OK, I think I did it.
    I added a contact he got my invitation, but he doesn't get the location (although I can see in in my calendar) for the event.
    Any reason for that?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Sounds like you had a failed uninstall. Don't worry your data should be there as long as you don't remove the account.

Can you post the ipkg.log file? It should be in Preware, so you don't have to download the patch file on it's own -- just update the feeds.

There's a file on your phone in /media/internal/webos-ausmt.log. Can you post it?

edit: ignore this part. I was thinking of the other log file. There are no email addresses in the patch log.
    Sorry frantid, totally missed the reply.

Here is my log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    93 128k 93 119k 0 0 14891 0 0:00:08 0:00:08 --:--:-- 18278
    100 128k 100 128k 0 0 14529 0 0:00:09 0:00:09 --:--:-- 16508
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    ----------------------------------
    Actually applying the patch!
    ----------------------------------
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/dashboard-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/datetime-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/day-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/month-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/participants-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/prefs-options-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/reminder-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/repeat-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/week-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendar-prefs-manager.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/calendars-manager.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/database.manager.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/reminder-manager.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/models/system-luna-service.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-timezone.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-tz-listcontainer.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-emptylist.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-item.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-list-container.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertz-item.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/confirm-deleteevent.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/jumpto.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/recurrence-warning.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/calendar.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/datetime.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/day.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/edit.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/event-colors.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/month.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/notification.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/repeat.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/stylesheets/week.css
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs
    SUCCESS
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    OK, I think I did it.
    I added a contact he got my invitation, but he doesn't get the location (although I can see in in my calendar) for the event.
    Any reason for that?
    I thought you were talking about the copy pieces. You don't need to copy anything to send invites. Does your friend have google as well? I thought location got passed along maybe it doesn't ??? I honestly don't know.

To send invites just use the contact buttons like you did. You can add more than one if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbobman View Post
    Sorry frantid, totally missed the reply.

Here is my log:
    No problem.

There are no errors in that log, so something else may have caused the problem. I would try a few things.

1. If you can get into preferences try to reset your cookies. You hold the square key and tap on "UberCalendar Prefs". If you do it right, the preferences won't expand. This will delete your cookies. After that expand your preferences, and toggle all of them (except icon names) from what you normally have to something else. Then set them back to what you want. Then back swipe out of preferences -- the cookies won't be saved unless you back swipe out. Then close the calendar app, reopen the app and see if it works now.

2. If that didn't work try to reboot the phone.

3. If it still doesn't work, use Govotsos's method to attempt repair:

If all those don't work., close the calendar app, download and install lumberjack from preware. Select custom, type "calendar" in the text box. Don't hit retrieve log yet. First launch the calendar app and try to reproduce your errors in all the views. Then hit retrieve log in lumberjack. Lumberjack allows you to copy the log, copy it and post it here. Perhaps we'll get lucky and find the error.

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I thought you were talking about the copy pieces. You don't need to copy anything to send invites. Does your friend have google as well? I thought location got passed along maybe it doesn't ??? I honestly don't know.

To send invites just use the contact buttons like you did. You can add more than one if you want.
    Sorry if I was vague.
    I added a contact to an event and he got an email with the event, but not any location.
    He should have google calendar too to see the location or should it be in the e-mail he got?
    That's my question.
    I just tested it, it worked for me. Just make sure you add everything to the event before you add the participant. Otherwise it will send the invite before you add the location. I tested to gmail and hotmail. It works as long as the last thing I do is add the invite email address.

edit: no need to apologize, I think I was the one confused
    Last edited by frantid; 06/18/2012 at 05:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    That must have been the reason. I did add the location after inviting.
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi, installed UC on my HP Veer 2.1.1 today. It's great! But - when I tap the date picker icon on the right (next to the month view) I get New event scene. Is this intended?

Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippich View Post
    Hi, installed UC on my HP Veer 2.1.1 today. It's great! But - when I tap the date picker icon on the right (next to the month view) I get New event scene. Is this intended?

Thx.
    Yes, the icon on the right is new all day event. The one on the left is new timed event. If you want the jumpto date picker to go to a different date, tap the title bar.

hello,
    2 days ago I updated UC. After updating UC didn'n work. I uninstalled UC and then tried to install but I couldn't. I used Preware. I have installed Advanced System Patches. My calendar worked one year without problem. Can you help me..?

Preware IPKG Log:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    96 128k 96 123k 0 0 3554 0 0:00:36 0:00:35 0:00:01 4595
    100 128k 100 128k 0 0 3636 0 0:00:36 0:00:36 --:--:-- 4483
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$calendar$/$submission$/$38$/$concatenated$.$js$
    |index 274a2ba..78b4180 100755
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/concatenated.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    TX => Treo680 => PalmPre(-)WebOS2.1 => HP Pre3