Page 188 of 207 FirstFirst ... 88138178183184185186187188189190191192193198 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    This looks awesome! Nice work Frantid. I've missed that functionality too - I don't always want to go back to Day View just to find out what an appointment is.

As soon as my Pre is back from the hospital I'll give it a try.

ANy idea when you'll be adding the latest updates to Preware?
    I'll submit the current test one today. Probably get more test results that way. I'm trying to figure out the month view changes required, that won't be in the update.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Updated test version here:
    UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

Added the popup to the month view. Must hold on a day with events for it to pop. It only works in the first 6 weeks of the month view rows. It will close after 5 secs, or on back, or on tap outside of the popup.

edit: other things about the popups:

Map button active when there is a location in the event, will launch the default map app.

Delete button - will bring up the confirmation dialog. This is necessary as it may be a repeating event, and you don't want to just blow away the whole series.

Tapping the event displayed launches the event in the edit scene.

If there are no more previous or next events (in the week for week view, or in the 6 week period of the month view), the popup will not auto close after 5 secs. This is so you know there are no more events and it's not just displaying the same event over and over.

You can swipe the calendar and re-hold on a different event if the popup is open. If you do it before the 5 secs it will not close first.

cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frantid; 06/09/2012 at 10:01 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Updated test version here:

If you were running the categories test versions for 2.2.x, you should update. There was a bug if you turned off the display of the new category field. It prevented the opening of the edit scene.

thanks for testing.

The update has been added to Preware for 2.2.4 devices.

Please let me know if you get errors. I'll be working on updating 2.1, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 next.

Thanks.

Updated 2.1 testing versions here:

same updates as 2.2.4:
    Added popup to month view. Hold on day to popup. If no events that day it will not popup. Added a popup for events in week view. Hold on an event to make it pop up. Added preference (under day view enhanced) and changes for minute popup in day view to choose minutes of new event from a tap. Fixed not being able to scroll to 23:00 when shrink day view is on. Added preference and method to display event categories -- This is not sync'd to google, I don't know about others.

Updated 1.4.5 test version here:

Added popup to month view. Hold on day to popup. If no events that day it will not popup.

Added a popup for events in week view. Hold on an event to make it pop up.

Added preference (under day view enhanced) and changes for minute popup in day view to choose minutes of new event from a tap.

Fixed not being able to scroll to 23:00 when shrink day view is on.

Sped up icon parsing.

thanks for testing.

All versions for phones have now been updated in Preware. As always, please post any issues.

Remember for the popups to work you need to hold on a non-all day event in week view and on a day in month view with any type of an event. I actually like month view now

cheers
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    94 pages.. don't know where to start.

DL'd the latest update from Preware (2.2.4-61). I can remember when I DL'd it because it no longer shows the future events from that date. Maybe only from Palm profile, but hard to tell because I can't get it to allow me to advance the view. It greys out in Day view and is not showing content in Week view. It shows some things in month but hard to see what of course.

Also uninstalled -> restarted -> reinstalled patch.

AgendaZ shows that the data is still there. I did a test alarm for today and it worked fine - allowed some limited viewing of the day view but not for long. It would not let me advance the view either. Worked OK before this update (wish I could back-patch it ). Not sure if this was a symptom but I have NEVER been able to get snooze to work - always would report snooze in dashboard but never re-alarm.

I love this patch as it is the only thing even close to PalmOS versions including the DateBK5 that I loved so dearly. Thanks for all your continued work.
    Last edited by gbobman; 06/13/2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Correction/Clarification
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbobman View Post
    94 pages.. don't know where to start.

DL'd the latest update from Preware (2.2.4-61). I can remember when I DL'd it because it no longer shows the future events from that date. Maybe only from Palm profile, but hard to tell because I can't get it to allow me to advance the view. It greys out in Day view and is not showing content in Week view. It shows some things in month but hard to see what of course.

Also uninstalled -> restarted -> reinstalled patch.

AgendaZ shows that the data is still there. I did a test alarm for today and it worked fine - allowed some limited viewing of the day view but not for long. It would not let me advance the view either. Worked OK before this update (wish I could back-patch it ). Not sure if this was a symptom but I have NEVER been able to get snooze to work - always would report snooze in dashboard but never re-alarm.

I love this patch as it is the only thing even close to PalmOS versions including the DateBK5 that I loved so dearly. Thanks for all your continued work.
    Sounds like you had a failed uninstall. Don't worry your data should be there as long as you don't remove the account.

Can you post the ipkg.log file? It should be in Preware, so you don't have to download the patch file on it's own -- just update the feeds.

There's a file on your phone in /media/internal/webos-ausmt.log. Can you post it?

edit: ignore this part. I was thinking of the other log file. There are no email addresses in the patch log.
    You may want to search the file for email addresses in the log and replace the addresses with something else like "anon@blah.com" -- so no one grabs your username from the file. Just use search and replace.
    Last edited by frantid; 06/14/2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: typo's

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    The pop-up is very cool.
    The day I leave webOS, I'll have a huge problem with my calendars after using UC.

Great work !
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    The pop-up is very cool.
    The day I leave webOS, I'll have a huge problem with my calendars after using UC.

Great work !
    Thanks, glad you like it. It reminds me of my treo. (assuming you're talking about the week and month popup, not the one in day for choosing time slot.)

The pop-up is very cool.

Great work !
    I am not sure what the pop up is. Could you describe or post screnshot, please
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I am not sure what the pop up is. Could you describe or post screnshot, please
    There's 2 types, 3 different places.

For week view:

For month view:

And for a new event tap on the timelines in day view, see the attached. You need to turn it on under day view enhanced.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    frantid posted a screenshot some posts ago:

For example in Week view you press and hold an event and you get a small pop-up with the event. Then you can cycle through that day's events. It is really helpful for me, as I use calendar for my work.

EDIT: Posted at the same time with frantid.

What's that with the weather frantid?
    frantid posted a screenshot some posts ago:

For example in Week view you press and hold an event and you get a small pop-up with the event. Then you can cycle through that day's events. It is really helpful for me, as I use calendar for my work.

EDIT: Posted at the same time with frantid.

What's that with the weather frantid?
    Google weather calendar. It shows up as one of the calendars on my account -- you have to add it to the web settings in google. I think hotmail has something similar.

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I use Google Calendar so I turned it on. Cool, although it only shows temperature and not a full forecast.

I didn't understand this screenshot:
    I use Google Calendar so I turned it on. Cool, although it only shows temperature and not a full forecast.

I didn't understand this screenshot:
    Under day view enhanced you can turn on a minute popup. So when you tap an empty area in day view it will popup with the times you can set for the new event. It will do increments of: 10, 15, 20, 30 by preference setting. That way you don't have to move an event if you don't want it to start on the hour.

edit: it was a requested feature.

The people icons with the star and plus, what are those? Sorry for being slow
    My feature request would be to have contact lookup.

For example in pocketmirror tasks it has an action button with contact lookup button which launches the contacts app so one can add a phone number, etc.

So if I have call Jim, when I tap on it Jim contact info is already there, just tap to call.

I thought the people icons was something like this, not sure how that works. Thanks
    Last edited by laingman; 06/14/2012 at 06:54 AM.
    The people icons with the star and plus, what are those? Sorry for being slow
    That's for adding google invitees to your calendar events. See here:
    Preference Guide for MetaView's UberCalendar(UC) patch

My feature request would be to have contact lookup.

For example in pocketmirror tasks it has an action button with contact lookup button which launches the contacts app so one can add a phone number, etc.

So if I have call Jim, when I tap on it Jim contact info is already there, just tap to call.

I thought the people icons was something like this, not sure how that works. Thanks
    What you are looking for is advanced copy
    See here:
    Preference Guide for MetaView's UberCalendar(UC) patch