Page 187 of 207 FirstFirst ... 87137177182183184185186187188189190191192197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Well the categories field is an array of values (see in Impostah as)
    categories [Array]
    #0 Business
    #1 International
    #2 Strategies

json:
    "categories": [
    "Business",
    "International",
    "Strategies"
    ],

Which are getting read correctly and displayed in ubercal as:
    Business, International, Strategies

After changing this in Uberrcal into
    Business, International

It looks in Impostah like this
    categories Business, International
    and as json:
    "categories": "Business,International",
    and this categories field is ignored by Zarafa (ActiveSync) and is not updated on Server.

So the problem is that you change an array of single values to a single comma separated value.
    Should be similar but easier then attendees field.

Hope the infos helps.
    Well still unknown how it acts if a new category not avail on server now is input in ubercal, but thats a new test

Great what already works now...
    Thanks, helps. It means somewhere in the calendar they are converting from an Array in the database to a string for presentation purposes -- otherwise it would look like "[Object Object]" in UC instead of as you listed. It looks like I will have to dig deeper to add a conversion back to an Array from a string.

edit: nevermind it seems the text widget is converting it. I'll try something real quick.
    Last edited by frantid; 06/01/2012 at 03:22 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Updated test version here:

UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

Added a preference for setting day new event popup minute interval. Added a method for category to be saved.

Remember category changes won't work with google. We're still testing others.

Thanks for testing.
    Thanks for the new pref.

The category changes on the phone do not appear to sync up to my exchange account.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Another attempt at saving category changes, updated test version here:

French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Another attempt at saving category changes, updated test version here:

Categories work great now here (Zarafa via zPush Exchange ActiveSync).
    Even adding an server unknown Cat, will be saved on the server.

Thanks a lot frantid, didn't you already get a huge cheque by HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Categories work great now here (Zarafa via zPush Exchange ActiveSync).
    Even adding an server unknown Cat, will be saved on the server.

Thanks a lot frantid, didn't you already get a huge cheque by HP?
    You're welcome. Glad it works.

I didn't get a cheque from HP. I must have been out the day they were handing those out, LOL. I don't do this for the money though.

Hi frantid,

Quite newbie with webOS and patches but I wanted to try your enhancements since the previous 22.1.17.

I miserably failed.

I removed UberCalendar and multilingual localization patches and restarted Luna before attempting the patch installation through Internalz file manager.

Here are the logs attached.

Would be grateful if you could provide advice. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by soyonsfous View Post
    Hi frantid,

Quite newbie with webOS and patches but I wanted to try your enhancements since the previous 22.1.17.

I miserably failed.

I removed UberCalendar and multilingual localization patches and restarted Luna before attempting the patch installation through Internalz file manager.

Here are the logs attached.

Would be grateful if you could provide advice. Thanks in advance.
    What type of device is this?

It looks like your first attempt on 30 May was with a bad download or you are applying this to a device that is not running 2.2.x or greater.

Actually I thought the patch was working for Pre+ webOS 2.1.0. That's why I tried. Are you planning to make the change for those devices/webOS ?
    Thanks and congratulations for the nice work
    I'll update the other versions soon, I'm just waiting to see if the changes cause any problems.
    soyonsfous likes this.
    I'm using an hp veer 2.1.2. Is there an a option to allow all day events to show up on the month view? I thought my calendar was not syncing but the events show under day and week view. Even a dot or something would be helpful. I've done a work around by adding the event from 11-11:30 pm so I can see there is something planned, but I'd really like an indicator in month view.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I'm using an hp veer 2.1.2. Is there an a option to allow all day events to show up on the month view? I thought my calendar was not syncing but the events show under day and week view. Even a dot or something would be helpful. I've done a work around by adding the event from 11-11:30 pm so I can see there is something planned, but I'd really like an indicator in month view.
    Under month view preferences, there is an option for all day color - turn that on. If there is an all day event for that day, the day will be shaded in the calendar color. If there is more than one all day event it will be shaded grey.

Under month view preferences, there is an option for all day color - turn that on. If there is an all day event for that day, the day will be shaded in the calendar color. If there is more than one all day event it will be shaded grey.
    That worked! Thank you so much for the quick reply. One last question: there is an option to show icon in month view. What does this do? How does one generate an icon?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Check the first post for icon info.
    Check the first post for icon info.
    Ok...I downloaded the icons and put them in the usb as mentioned in the first post. I hope I did it correctly. When I create an all day event, the reminder section has an i button and if I click there I can choose an icon, and it will show it beside reminder and put ICON=birthday; in notes, but when I look at it in month view it is not there. I turned off the option to shade the square in case there was a conflict. I also closed and re opened the calendar since the shaded part doesn't show up until I do that. Do you have any idea what I did wrong? Edit: the icon does show up in week view.
    you didn't do anything wrong. Icons only show for events that aren't all day. Sorry
    you didn't do anything wrong. Icons only show for events that aren't all day. Sorry
    Wow, you're fast!! Thanks for clearing that up. I really appreciate it. Edit: I downloaded a couple of apps for my veer and touchpad to say "thanks". I appreciate not being told to go search.
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 06/06/2012 at 05:57 PM.
    You're welcome and thank you!
    I really miss the old Palm way of showing you small details in a popup in week view -- using the d button to move around. So I decided to do something about it. I'm playing around with a new feature. Here's a screenshot, I'm open for any input. What do you think?

cheers.

edit: I should say it will popup if you hold an event -- not an all day event. You can use the arrows for moving forwards and back in time, including All day events. Goes away after 5 secs after the event is displayed or the arrow keys are last pushed.

edit2: I'm going to try to make it work in month view, but not sure it will.
    Attached Images Attached Images

veerar likes this.
    I really miss the old Palm way of showing you small details in a popup in week view -- using the d button to move around. So I decided to do something about it. I'm playing around with a new feature. Here's a screenshot, I'm open for any input. What do you think?

cheers.

edit: I should say it will popup if you hold an event -- not an all day event. You can use the arrows for moving forwards and back in time, including All day events. Goes away after 5 secs after the event is displayed or the arrow keys are last pushed.

edit2: I'm going to try to make it work in month view, but not sure it will.
    Updated the test version here:

This looks awesome! Nice work Frantid. I've missed that functionality too - I don't always want to go back to Day View just to find out what an appointment is.

As soon as my Pre is back from the hospital I'll give it a try.

ANy idea when you'll be adding the latest updates to Preware?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)