Page 186 of 207 FirstFirst ... 86136176181182183184185186187188189190191196 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Thanks, I forgot about that reference. I checked the webOS google sync service and it ignores categories. I'll work something out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    The syncml app saves the categories field as plain text field in the database in the "categories" entry of an event. I did it this way, because it says to do so in the documentation: https://developer.palm.com/content/a...calendar-event

The complete event structure is basically very close to the ical standard.
    soyonsfous likes this.
    for everyone that wants to check out own calendarssync categories in impostah go to Databases-Persistent-calendarevent:1-<eventname>-categories
    or
    Databases-Persistent-calendarevent.eas/google:1-<eventid>-categories

It's below calendarid, but not availiable in all calendars (Facebook seems to have no categories)
    Updated 2.2.x version for testing.

Added preference (under day view enhanced) and changes for minute popup in day view to choose minutes of new event from a tap.

Fixed not being able to scroll to 23:00 when shrink day view is on.

Added preference and experimental method to display event categories. Changes to the field are not saved.

UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I did test the categories using pocket mirror and outlook. The category was not sync'd to the Pre3.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I did test the categories using pocket mirror and outlook. The category was not sync'd to the Pre3.
    Perhaps you have to ask Chapura, if they could implement Category sync.
    Will try it on my test Pre3 with Exchange and SyncML and Zarafa (via ActiveSync) - well i know they are getting synced already, but displaying them
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Perhaps you have to ask Chapura, if they could implement Category sync.
    Will try it on my test Pre3 with Exchange and SyncML - well i know they are getting synced already, but displaying them
    Unfortunately, I think SyncML may be the only one it works with.

I don't believe that.. I believe that most sync methods in webOS don't support categories (especially because there was no field for categories in webOS 1.x and the calendar app does not support it)... there are of course also calendars that don't support categories at all (facebook, google only supports multiple calendars, it seems), but for most other calendars it's just a text field they usually also can be synced.

I know for sure that outlook can sync the category, I already did that with my old pocket PC. Only the webOS implementation needs to be adjusted.
    That's what I meant, webOS support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I don't believe that.. I believe that most sync methods in webOS don't support categories (especially because there was no field for categories in webOS 1.x and the calendar app does not support it)... there are of course also calendars that don't support categories at all (facebook, google only supports multiple calendars, it seems), but for most other calendars it's just a text field they usually also can be synced.

I know for sure that outlook can sync the category, I already did that with my old pocket PC. Only the webOS implementation needs to be adjusted.
    Well and i just tested it with Exchange Server and i can see in impostah the catetegory i just created and assigned to the event. So i'm sure the build-in HP webOS "Microsoft Exchange" synergy protocol syncs it, which then also applies to other open source groupware servers like Zarafa, Tine, Horde which use active sync (Zpush for ActiveSync) for syncing.
    @gizmo21 - good to know, thanks for testing out. Have you tried the latest patch, does it show?
    @gizmo21 - good to know, thanks for testing out. Have you tried the latest patch, does it show?
    as soon as i get my hands on my Test Pre3

Perhaps also someone with Hotmail via EAS Account could test out the new categories
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Can someone help me with this? I'm trying to install ubercalendat on my HP Veer version 2.1.2 and I got the following error:

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 36 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Need help.

I'm trying to install ubercalendar on my HP Verr 2.1.2 and I got the following error:

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 36 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    <<threads merged>>
    Do you have another patch installed like bridge dialer? You will have to uninstall it, then instal UC.

Quote Originally Posted by edwineel View Post
    Need help.

I'm trying to install ubercalendar on my HP Verr 2.1.2 and I got the following error:

Postinst
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Updated 2.2.x version for testing.

Added preference (under day view enhanced) and changes for minute popup in day view to choose minutes of new event from a tap.

Fixed not being able to scroll to 23:00 when shrink day view is on.

Added preference and experimental method to display event categories. Changes to the field are not saved.
    Hi frantid,

I was away from this forum these last weeks, and I am pleased to see that work on Ubercalendar goes on!

I just tested the minute popup. Here are my thoughts about it:
    - the popup should follow the "minute interval" preference. On my Pre3, I have set "minute interval" to 10, and the new popup displays xx:00, xx:15, xx:30, and xx:45. I would prefer it to display whatever corresponds to my pref settings, i.e. xx:00, xx:10, xx:20 and so on. At least for the pref settings equal and above 10 minutes.
    - I would also love to have the ability, in the event detail scene, to set another minute interval, as I can do it on the TouhchPad version of Ubercalendar. This could come in very handy if, for example, I have the interval set to 10 mins in UC-prefs, and I want to write down a train or flight departure time at 7:42. On my Touchpad it's easy, on my Pre3 it's just a hassle.

The category display field works perfectly with my exchange calendar, thank you!
    Perhaps for less confusion, the field should not be editable, as it does not sync up.

Thank you again for your great work on this patch!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi frantid,

I was away from this forum these last weeks, and I am pleased to see that work on Ubercalendar goes on!

I just tested the minute popup. Here are my thoughts about it:
    - the popup should follow the "minute interval" preference. On my Pre3, I have set "minute interval" to 10, and the new popup displays xx:00, xx:15, xx:30, and xx:45. I would prefer it to display whatever corresponds to my pref settings, i.e. xx:00, xx:10, xx:20 and so on. At least for the pref settings equal and above 10 minutes.
    I think I'll add another preference just to set this to 10, 15, 20 or 30. Keep it flexible.

- I would also love to have the ability, in the event detail scene, to set another minute interval, as I can do it on the TouhchPad version of Ubercalendar. This could come in very handy if, for example, I have the interval set to 10 mins in UC-prefs, and I want to write down a train or flight departure time at 7:42. On my Touchpad it's easy, on my Pre3 it's just a hassle.
    I'll have to look into this, enyo widgets on the TP can change their attributes on the fly. Mojo widgets can't, but maybe I can hack together something.

The category display field works perfectly with my exchange calendar, thank you!
    Perhaps for less confusion, the field should not be editable, as it does not sync up.
    I was planning on adding the ability to save changes. Whether it will up sync or not I don't know -- might as well try it though.

Thank you again for your great work on this patch!
    You're welcome. Thanks for testing and the feedback.

Updated test version here:

Added a preference for setting day new event popup minute interval. Added a method for category to be saved.

Remember category changes won't work with google. We're still testing others.

Thanks for testing.

Updated test version here:

Added a method for category to be saved.

Remember category changes won't work with google. We're still testing others.

Thanks for testing.
    Well the categories field is an array of values (see in Impostah as)
    categories [Array]
    #0 Business
    #1 International
    #2 Strategies

json:
    "categories": [
    "Business",
    "International",
    "Strategies"
    ],

Which are getting read correctly and displayed in ubercal as:
    Business, International, Strategies

After changing this in Uberrcal into
    Business, International

It looks in Impostah like this
    categories Business, International
    and as json:
    "categories": "Business,International",
    and this categories field is ignored by Zarafa (ActiveSync) and is not updated on Server.

So the problem is that you change an array of single values to a single comma separated value.
    Should be similar but easier then attendees field.

Hope the infos helps.
    Well still unknown how it acts if a new category not avail on server now is input in ubercal, but thats a new test

Great what already works now...