Page 185 of 207 FirstFirst ... 85135175180181182183184185186187188189190195 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    frandit would it be possible to use the "real" calendar category field which seems to be available in webos >2.x
    Perhaps just showing for the beginning.

The question came up in the SyncML thread: webOsSyncML
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05/15/2012 at 12:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    frandit would it be possible to use the "real" calendar category field which seems to be available in webos >2.x
    Perhaps just showing for the beginning.

The question came up in the SyncML thread: webOsSyncML
    The field has been there since 2.1. There's no way to edit the field though -- I can't add a category to my google calendars so that I could see if it syncs through. Is there somewhere on the google web calendar to add them that I've missed or is it only possible with the SyncML servers?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I don't that google displays categories, even if they should be synced. The categories field is in the iCalendar (or vCalendar or what ever it is called...), so it is supported by most servers and sync tools, even if it often is only stored... Some people using iCalimporter might benefit from support for the field in webOS. Also the exchange people usually make heave use of categories. Maybe the field get's synced for them...

I tried to see if the field get's to the google calendar. But if so, it is not exported with a calendar export...

Anyway, is there a reason for you not to store the category in the categories field of the event instead of the note field as ICON=XXX; For most people not much would change, only the text from the note field would be gone and saved in the DB in its own field. For people that have a server that supports categories they could define the categories in ubercalendar prefs to their likings and to what they have on their server...

Do I miss something here?
    Only issue with the server people might be multiple categories, which officially are supported by iCal, IIRC. Should be fine to use the first category in that case. They were comma seperated, I think.

BTW: Thanks for ubercalendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Anyway, is there a reason for you not to store the category in the categories field of the event instead of the note field as ICON=XXX; For most people not much would change, only the text from the note field would be gone and saved in the DB in its own field. For people that have a server that supports categories they could define the categories in ubercalendar prefs to their likings and to what they have on their server...

Do I miss something here?
    Only issue with the server people might be multiple categories, which officially are supported by iCal, IIRC. Should be fine to use the first category in that case. They were comma seperated, I think.

BTW: Thanks for ubercalendar.
    I believe the original idea behind using the notes field is that you can see and edit it in all the other calendar sources.... google web, outlook, exchange owa, etc. If the categories field is used, you could only set it via webOS -- except if you use outlook. However, I'm not sure outlook sync will sync the categories over.

I'll put up a way to display the categories fields for a first step. At least then we can see which servers will sync it. I think initially, I'll leave the UC icon parts alone. At least until the results show how much support the categories field has.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    That sounds like a good idea, to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Hi,

Don't extract the whole doctor. Just open it in 7zip and keep double clicking the biggest file in the 7zip window. It is 4 or 5 layers in to the root file structure.

Only extract those 2 files.
    Hi Frantid, Firstly Thank You for your willingness to help those here that shall we say are less knowledgeable about anything to do with WebOS past the UI

I have pasted my IPKG Log below in the hopr you can provide advice as to how I can get uberC working on my Pre2 again. (upgraded from 2.1 to 2.24 without un-installing the patch)

As suggested I have placed "on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs&$quot$; $in$ $my$ $phone$ $via$ $WebOSQi$, $however$ $I$ $was$ $unable$ $to$ $locate$ $a$ &$quot$;$week$.$js$&$quot$; $as$ $listed$ $in$ $the$ $error$ $message$, $so$ $I$ $installed$ $date$.$js$ $anyway$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $that$ $worked$ $but$ $it$ $didn$'$t$.

What do i do if I can't find "week.jsjsjs&$quot$; $within$ $th$ $e2$.$24$ $doctor$?

Thanking You. (Please excuse my ignorance)

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-timezone.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-timezone.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-tz-listcontainer.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-tz-listcontainer.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-emptylist.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-emptylist.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-item.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-item.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-list-container.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-list-container.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertz-item.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertz-item.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Quote Originally Posted by thirst View Post
    Hi Frantid, Firstly Thank You for your willingness to help those here that shall we say are less knowledgeable about anything to do with WebOS past the UI

I have pasted my IPKG Log below in the hopr you can provide advice as to how I can get uberC working on my Pre2 again. (upgraded from 2.1 to 2.24 without un-installing the patch)

As suggested I have placed "on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs&$quot$; $in$ $my$ $phone$ $via$ $WebOSQi$, $however$ $I$ $was$ $unable$ $to$ $locate$ $a$ &$quot$;$week$.$js$&$quot$; $as$ $listed$ $in$ $the$ $error$ $message$, $so$ $I$ $installed$ $date$.$js$ $anyway$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $that$ $worked$ $but$ $it$ $didn$'$t$.

What do i do if I can't find "week.jsjsjs&$quot$; $within$ $th$ $e2$.$24$ $doctor$?

Thanking You. (Please excuse my ignorance)
    No worries. You're almost there. Thanks for the log, it helps. You need to delete these files:

delete
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-timezone.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-emptylist.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-item.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-list-container.html,
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertz-item.html
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-tz-listcontainer.html

also delete the date.jsjsjs $file$ $you$ $added$. $Restart$ $Luna$ $and$ $try$ $again$. $post$ $the$ $new$ $log$ $if$ $you$ $get$ $errors$.
    Last edited by frantid; 05/18/2012 at 06:34 AM.
    Don't delete the date.jsjsjs $file$. $Sorry$ $about$ $that$. $If$ $you$ $already$ $did$, $just$ $put$ $it$ $back$
    This is the resulting Log File.

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$

I'll just try again to extract this file and place it back on the Pre2?

Cheers.
    Correct. Seems that one last file is stopping you.
    Thanks Frantid, Mission Accomplished.

Cheers.
    I believe the original idea behind using the notes field is that you can see and edit it in all the other calendar sources.... google web, outlook, exchange owa, etc. If the categories field is used, you could only set it via webOS -- except if you use outlook. However, I'm not sure outlook sync will sync the categories over.

I'll put up a way to display the categories fields for a first step. At least then we can see which servers will sync it. I think initially, I'll leave the UC icon parts alone. At least until the results show how much support the categories field has.
    As i have an exchange account now, i'll try to catagorize an event there and if it is synced.
    How can I atm look into the db structure of an event?

Ah just found it, it is possible with Impostah.

I'll report back
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05/18/2012 at 04:12 PM.
    I've noticed a small bug:
    If i set an event for a very late time, say 23:45, and I have the 'shrink day view' option set to medium, I can't get to the event to tap on it and edit it. I can drag the screen up to show it, but it pings back down underneath the buttons at the base of the screen when I let go.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I've noticed a small bug:
    If i set an event for a very late time, say 23:45, and I have the 'shrink day view' option set to medium, I can't get to the event to tap on it and edit it. I can drag the screen up to show it, but it pings back down underneath the buttons at the base of the screen when I let go.
    I'll see what I can do...

Just for information, syncEvolution does sync the categories. Tested in Ubuntu 12.04 with Evolution 3.2.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by soyonsfous View Post
    Just for information, syncEvolution does sync the categories. Tested in Ubuntu 12.04 with Evolution 3.2.3.
    What type of field is it, can you tell? Impostah should list it as a string or an array.

What type of field is it, can you tell? Impostah should list it as a string or an array.
    Sorry frantid, I just installed Impostah but I don't know where to look for the information you ask. In the XML file where Evolution stores the calendar in the PC, the CATEGORIES field looks like a string terminated by &#13. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by soyonsfous View Post
    Sorry frantid, I just installed Impostah but I don't know where to look for the information you ask. In the XML file where Evolution stores the calendar in the PC, the CATEGORIES field looks like a string terminated by
    . Thanks.
    Ok. So we don't know if it makes it into webOS yet.

I'll check with Garfonso and let you know.
    The syncml app saves the categories field as plain text field in the database in the "categories" entry of an event. I did it this way, because it says to do so in the documentation: https://developer.palm.com/content/a...calendar-event

The complete event structure is basically very close to the ical standard.