Page 184 of 207 FirstFirst ... 84134174179180181182183184185186187188189194 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Making an appt on the hour: tap and type. Easy.

HOWEVER, Mmaking an appt at half past: tap, type, hit the edit button, hit enter 5-6 times, type or select "30" from the minutes field.

Is there any way to make "double tap (in daily view) to make an appt at half past"?

And advanced implementation might be: Tap-hold on an hour, and a pick-list pops with ("15";"30";"45") so you can even make appts on the quarter hour without opening the edit details scene.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Interesting idea. Do you think it would be easier than dragging? I usually just make the hour event. Then just hold on the event and move the half hour. But dragging doesn't work for quarter hour mark.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Making an appt on the hour: tap and type. Easy.

HOWEVER, Mmaking an appt at half past: tap, type, hit the edit button, hit enter 5-6 times, type or select "30" from the minutes field.

Is there any way to make "double tap (in daily view) to make an appt at half past"?

And advanced implementation might be: Tap-hold on an hour, and a pick-list pops with ("15";"30";"45") so you can even make appts on the quarter hour without opening the edit details scene.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Dragging is still long for me:
    1. Tap hour entry
    2. Type mtg name, hit enter
    3. Entry disappears, eventually comes back.
    4. Tap-hold, move appt.

tap hold with quater hour list sounds very handy for me.
    And a nice additon to the very often used just-type input with 'subject; date time; location' syntax which is the fastest event creating way.
    wish you would make this calendar for Android ice cream sandwich
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    And a nice additon to the very often used just-type input with 'subject; date time; location' syntax which is the fastest event creating way.
    Wow! Thanks for the tip! Ever since the KeyToss went offline, I've been looking for a way to do this - I didn't know the quick action let you do date/time and location as well.

Is this due to the ubercalendar patch or is it a normal function in 2.x?

Also, formats is buggy. I'm on Irish date format (dd/mm/yy). When I use 30/4/2012 I get APRIL 30, but when I do something where the day<=30, like 12/5/12, it thinks I'm doing US format and gives me December 5.

Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    wish you would make this calendar for Android ice cream sandwich
    Take a look at Business Calendar. That's what I use on my Android devices & it works pretty well. It's pretty flexible & works with most calendar accounts. There's a free version that's nearly full featured to try. The full version is only $4.99 and the Play Store link is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mikado.bizcalpro If you look at GetJar, I think it's also one of their free Gold Apps.
    Wow! Thanks for the tip! Ever since the KeyToss went offline, I've been looking for a way to do this - I didn't know the quick action let you do date/time and location as well.

Is this due to the ubercalendar patch or is it a normal function in 2.x?

Also, formats is buggy. I'm on Irish date format (dd/mm/yy). When I use 30/4/2012 I get APRIL 30, but when I do something where the day<=30, like 12/5/12, it thinks I'm doing US format and gives me December 5.

I posted some examples:
    UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

all these great features of ubercal need documentation, half of this great patch is hidden. I know there is a preference guide thread, but it is lacking: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-uc-patch.html

Unfortunately, on the phones, I can't account for regional settings. It does work on the touchpads though.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I posted some examples:
    UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

all these great features of ubercal need documentation, half of this great patch is hidden. I know there is a preference guide thread, but it is lacking: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-uc-patch.html
    True. I added your samples to the guide. I thought I had added that before....

I often forget about the just type entries myself. LOL

Thanks
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Wondering if anyone could help...

Just accidentally pressed the restart when my application database was full. This led to a restore from webOS backup. Unfortunately had to reinstall all the preware stuff.

Problem is ubercalendar didn't install properly nor will it remove itself successfully!

Any help would be gratefully accepted!
    Is this a phone or a TP?

To remove:
    For a TP, you have to try to run the AUSMT recoveries - start with basic. If it doesn't work go to the next AUSMT recovery.

For a phone, run EPR - Emergency Patch Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by threestain View Post
    Wondering if anyone could help...

Just accidentally pressed the restart when my application database was full. This led to a restore from webOS backup. Unfortunately had to reinstall all the preware stuff.

Problem is ubercalendar didn't install properly nor will it remove itself successfully!

Any help would be gratefully accepted!
    Tp. Will give them a try. Thanks!
    No luck despite using all the ausmt tools must be doing something wrong. This is the log

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***

Any help most appreciated
    No luck despite using all the ausmt tools must be doing something wrong. This is the log

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.rej
    *** FAILED ***

Any help most appreciated
    You will have to replace those 2 files with those from a doctor image. Just use 7zip if on windows, drill into the largest file until you see the root file structure. Then extract the files and transfer to your TP. Then restart Luna.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You will have to replace those 2 files with those from a doctor image. Just use 7zip if on windows, drill into the largest file until you see the root file structure. Then extract the files and transfer to your TP. Then restart Luna.
    Hi Frantid,

I have a pre2 which was updated to 2.2.4 before uninstalling the patch. I've read your suggestions to use 7zip to extract the doctor which I have done. I have also located the largest file being resources/webOS.tar.........but how do I open it/"drill in" to the file as you describe?

Thanking You.
    Hi,

Don't extract the whole doctor. Just open it in 7zip and keep double clicking the biggest file in the 7zip window. It is 4 or 5 layers in to the root file structure.

Only extract those 2 files.

Quote Originally Posted by thirst View Post
    Hi Frantid,

I have a pre2 which was updated to 2.2.4 before uninstalling the patch. I've read your suggestions to use 7zip to extract the doctor which I have done. I have also located the largest file being resources/webOS.tar.........but how do I open it/"drill in" to the file as you describe?

Thanking You.
    Got the files where do I lighten?
    * put them
    * put them
    In your error message above, what Frantid highlighted is the path & filenames that need to be replaced. Just put the files in the directories associated in the error message. You'll probably need to use Internalz Pro in master mode (available in preware) to do this.
    Ah thanks - guessed as much just couldn't get there without master mode!