Page 181 of 207 FirstFirst ... 81131171176177178179180181182183184185186191 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
  1. pml
    pml is offline
    pml's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    #3601  
    Today I was prompted an update on my tPad but unable to do so due to this error.

    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***
    Same problem here. It wouldn't upgrade nor uninstall. And the calendar app is not starting at all.

    Before upgrading to 3.0.5 I did an EPR, but I guess, the UberCal is not affected by this?!
  2. #3602  
    Quote Originally Posted by crumb View Post
    yes a tp. I tried all AUSMT versions and nothing changed with ubercal. I can't update it or uninstall it and the cal is totally broken.

    maxbg:. Is your calendar broken now too? That may have been my original error when I updated ubercal.
    Surprisingly the Calender is still working. Just cannot update nor uninstall.
  3. #3603  
    I was wondering whether I am the only one who misses a "day-of-week" entry from the date header of the calendar's day view?
    One has to constantly switch between day and week view if it wants to be sure not to misplace some events.

    Btw. the date header could be further advanced by providing the "Yesterday" and "Tomorrow" strings (a'la Today) like it used to be in the old PalmOS calendar.

    I don't know how hard is to create a patch for these two things (if it's possible at all), but I know that UberCalendar would be the definitive place for something like this.

    And lastly thank you for the awesome patches.
  4. #3604  
    My calendar is totally borked after the last UC update. It removed itself which then completely screwed my Calendar app... Which I use... Frequently. Good thing I could remove the calendar app. Which I accidentally did. So based upon my act of stupidity, accidental or not, is there a way to reinstall the calendar app? To then reapply the UC patch?

    UPDATE: I restarted the touchpad and lo and behold the calendar app was not only there but working. If your UC is borked try what I did.
    Last edited by modelck; 02/13/2012 at 07:59 AM.
  5. #3605  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    Today I was prompted an update on my tPad but unable to do so due to this error.

    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***
    Quote Originally Posted by pml View Post
    Same problem here. It wouldn't upgrade nor uninstall. And the calendar app is not starting at all.

    Before upgrading to 3.0.5 I did an EPR, but I guess, the UberCal is not affected by this?!
    You both need to do as posted here:
    UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

    get the files from the 3.0.5 doctor.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  6. crumb's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #3606  
    Any suggestions for me? Is there a way to reinstall Calendar?

    modelck, how did you remove Calendar?

    Is there a webos doctor course of action for this?
  7. #3607  
    Need to figure out which files need to be replaced. You can try to run AUSMT file verification and post the log here. Without a log you would have to replace about 40 files.



    Quote Originally Posted by crumb View Post
    Any suggestions for me? Is there a way to reinstall Calendar?

    modelck, how did you remove Calendar?

    Is there a webos doctor course of action for this?
  8. crumb's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #3608  
    I think this fixed my issue:

    Reinstalling Default Applications?

    It took me back to the standard Calendar. I still have all my accounts just had to sync them again. After this was working I went back into preware and removed ubercal. I will try installing it again and see what happens.

    If I have any other problems I will keep you posted.
    Last edited by crumb; 02/13/2012 at 01:32 PM.
    Check out my Jeep Wrangler
  9. #3609  
    Quote Originally Posted by tyllatylla View Post
    I was wondering whether I am the only one who misses a "day-of-week" entry from the date header of the calendar's day view?
    One has to constantly switch between day and week view if it wants to be sure not to misplace some events.

    Btw. the date header could be further advanced by providing the "Yesterday" and "Tomorrow" strings (a'la Today) like it used to be in the old PalmOS calendar.

    I don't know how hard is to create a patch for these two things (if it's possible at all), but I know that UberCalendar would be the definitive place for something like this.

    And lastly thank you for the awesome patches.
    "day-of-week" you mean like Tuesday, Wednesday, etc???

    That should still be part of the header in day view. Mine says "Tue, Feb 14 2012" for example. What language are you using, if it's not english?

    "Yesterday and Tomorrow" -- I'll look at that.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  10. #3610  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    "day-of-week" you mean like Tuesday, Wednesday, etc???

    That should still be part of the header in day view. Mine says "Tue, Feb 14 2012" for example. What language are you using, if it's not english?

    "Yesterday and Tomorrow" -- I'll look at that.
    Yes absolutely, mon tue and so on.

    Well this is interesting. My regional settings are:
    Language: English (United States)
    Formats: Hungary

    And my date is listed as: "Today,02.13" or "2012.02.11"

    But now that you mentioned, I tried and set the Formats to United States of America and voila there it is: "Today, Mon, Feb 13"

    So the localization is the root cause.
    I was wondering whether the hungarian localization is the only one without day of week?
    (well, I could try that out, but the previous two reboots where painful enough for this evening... maybe tomorrow.)
    If not, maybe other people would benefit too from a day of week displayed before the date string.

    Thanks!

    Ps: now I looked after and discovered that neither in the good old PalmOS did the date header of the day view include the day-of-week. But there was the weekday chooser on the top-right corner with a highlight on the current day so one could find out at a glance the current DOW. Sadly I can't imagine a place for such a weekday chooser on the current calendar interface (it would be nice, but there would get a little crowded).
  11. #3611  
    Quote Originally Posted by crumb View Post
    Any suggestions for me? Is there a way to reinstall Calendar?

    modelck, how did you remove Calendar?

    Is there a webos doctor course of action for this?
    I was able to remove the app in Preware. For whatever reason it was labeled as an unknown calendar app. It gave me the option to remove. I Did a device restart which took 2x longer than normal and I have a working calendar app. I still can not apply UC after doing this though. Talk about dumb luck. Personally, the calendar is more important to have than UC since I am forced to choose. One thing worth mentioning, after removing the calendar app in Preware I went through and intiated a software update. Dont know if that helped or not (I doubt it did) just wanted you to go through the same steps I did.
  12. #3612  
    Quote Originally Posted by modelck View Post
    I was able to remove the app in Preware. For whatever reason it was labeled as an unknown calendar app. It gave me the option to remove. I Did a device restart which took 2x longer than normal and I have a working calendar app. I still can not apply UC after doing this though. Talk about dumb luck. Personally, the calendar is more important to have than UC since I am forced to choose. One thing worth mentioning, after removing the calendar app in Preware I went through and intiated a software update. Dont know if that helped or not (I doubt it did) just wanted you to go through the same steps I did.
    It's probably the framework files stopping the install.

    Post the ipkg log from preware. Try to install it, once it fails there's a menu item for the ipkg log in Preware. Then you can email it to yourself and copy/paste it into a post here.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  13.    #3613  
    Some related question, anyone knows where the info about installed patches are stored? It seems it is more than just the folder in the application directory.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  14. #3614  
    As requested here is my ipkg from my failed installation after the reinstallation of the Calendar app:

    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    1 92960 1 1134 0 0 9653 0 0:00:09 --:--:-- 0:00:09 17718
    100 92960 100 92960 0 0 234k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 271k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  15. #3615  
    Quote Originally Posted by modelck View Post
    As requested here is my ipkg from my failed installation after the reinstallation of the Calendar app:

    6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    .
    I'm not sure why the framework files have problems but you need to put the original files back.

    Look in these directories:
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/
    /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/

    the files are named:
    concatenated.jsjsjs
    on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs


    Extract the files somewhere. Then you can use webOS QI or Internalz pro to send them to their directories:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  16. #3616  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    concatenated.jsjsjs
    Is there something special about this file? I've noticed that everyone having these issues seems to have various files that are at issue, but concatenated.jsjsjs $seems$ $to$ $be$ $a$ $common$ $thread$. $Could$ $this$ $point$ $to$ $why$ $this$ $is$ $happening$ $somehow$?
  17. #3617  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'm not sure why the framework files have problems but you need to put the original files back.

    Look in these directories:
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/
    /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/

    the files are named:
    concatenated.jsjsjs
    on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs


    Extract the files somewhere. Then you can use webOS QI or Internalz pro to send them to their directories:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/
    Thanks for the help frantid. I used the backup files that the patch generated to get UC installed. Worked like a charm.
  18. #3618  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Is there something special about this file? I've noticed that everyone having these issues seems to have various files that are at issue, but concatenated.jsjsjs $seems$ $to$ $be$ $a$ $common$ $thread$. $Could$ $this$ $point$ $to$ $why$ $this$ $is$ $happening$ $somehow$?
    I'm not sure of the reason why this happens with the framework files. Perhaps the files are in use or locked by the system at the exact moment that it is attempting to patch those files??

    I've never experienced the errors so I can only guess. I haven't seen anything in the logs that would help yet.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  19. #3619  
    I have managed to update after going thru the following steps:

    1) run AUSMT - recovery basic - this will remove all patches including ubercalender HD
    2) remove calender app using preware
    3) re boot
    4) re-install calender app using preware
    5) re boot
    6) install ubercalender HD

    hope this will help.
  20. yeobt1's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #3620  
    I have updated the uc with the latest patch. I noticed that after I start some apps and followed by the uc, the calender starts but seems to hang. You can't swipe to different months or days. The other apps seems to hang too or runs very slow. I have to do a device reboot to get the TP but to normal. Anyone experience this and any suggestion to fix it?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions