Page 178 of 207 FirstFirst ... 78128168173174175176177178179180181182183188 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tdmodcon View Post
    Frantid,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to do my frankenpre conversion by myself based on posted instructions and the meta-doctor guide, but unfortunately I have no programming skills. I downloaded the doctor for unlocked pre2 version 2.2.4 (which I am running via OTA update), extracted the files using 7zip as instructed, but not sure what file I am looking for or how to find it. I've gone as deep into every folder as allows and don't see anything that looks like it matches my "missing file". If you can direct me easily and quickly, that would be great - if not, I don't want to ask you to waste your time on a novice like myself! Thanks again either way!

tdmodcon
    Look in this directory:

/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/

the file is named:
    concatenated.jsjsjs

Extract that file somewhere. Then you can use webOS QI to send it the directory:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/38/

That should do it. You can use Internalz Pro, to see if it went to the right directory.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    That makes sense.
    Frantid, is it possible to make some sort of connexion with UC groups?
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    It might be, I think I would have to disable the other settings though. Meaning another preference option for "Alarms follow group", then ignore the per calendar alarm toggle settings. Otherwise they could conflict.

I made a version for alarms to follow groups. It is a little tricky because if you switch groups at the wrong moment, you can prevent an alarm from going off that you actually wanted to go off. Say if you view a different group, then switch back at the same time an alarm was supposed to go off. Thus I prefer the per calendar settings, but here it is.

I've posted it for 2.2.x --
    UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

The preference "Alarms Follow Groups" takes precedence over "Per Calendar Alarms" if it is on. When it is on, you cannot see or set the per calendar settings. It is off by default.

thanks for testing.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Frantid,

Wow - took me 2 hours to figure it out, but finally - SUCCESS!!!! Thank you so much for your help - you are a genius, and I would not have had a chance without your second reply. Many blessings to you!

tdmodcon
    I have submitted the version for 3.0.5.

These first few versions may have bugs, because of my coding or perhaps some unknown complication from AUSTM.

Thus, some of you who desire more stability or are not as ready to deal with issues and report them, may wish to hold off until the reports come back clear.

There is no way currently to do a local patch version for testing, until Jason updates Internalz and webOS QI. So testing will be done with the feed versions.

If you install it, you may have to manually fix the calendar. I've posted the list of files modified in the TP thread.

Cheers.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/27/2012 at 06:59 AM.
    I have submitted the version for 3.0.5.

These first few versions may have bugs, because of my coding or perhaps some unknown complication from AUSTM.

Thus, some of you who desire more stability or are not as ready to deal with issues and report them, may wish to hold off until the reports come back clear.

There is no way currently to do a local patch version for testing, until Jason updates Internalz and webOS QI. So testing will be done with the feed versions.

If you install it, you may have to manually fix the calendar. I've posted the list of files modified in the TP thread.

Cheers.
    I can't update UberCalendar on my touchpad or remove it.

Here is the IPKG log. Can you give me any advice? Thanks!

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppLaunch.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$AppLaunch$.$js$
    |index 510366d..c98cd2f 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppLaunch.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppLaunch.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppView.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$AppView$.$js$
    |index e48ebc2..1ad33c3 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppView.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppView.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/AllDayEvent.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$day$/$AllDayEvent$.$js$
    |index ba59f97..57af1bc 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/AllDayEvent.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/AllDayEvent.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayEventGroup.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$day$/$DayEventGroup$.$js$
    |index 8df7fc1..f1fb193 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayEventGroup.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayEventGroup.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayView.css b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayView.css
    |index c81b2af..3534c75 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayView.css
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayView.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayView.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$day$/$DayView$.$js$
    |index a00921f..4a90aa6 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayView.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayView.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    16 out of 16 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/depends.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$depends$.$js$
    |index 0d36ae5..24f49d4 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/depends.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/depends.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/DeleteConfirm.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$edit$/$DeleteConfirm$.$js$
    |index c640035..75eb995 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/DeleteConfirm.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/DeleteConfirm.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/DetailView.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$edit$/$DetailView$.$js$
    |index 0846a28..21f3a8f 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/DetailView.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/DetailView.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/EditView.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$edit$/$EditView$.$js$
    |index ebd0238..23437c3 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/EditView.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/EditView.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    24 out of 24 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/RepeatChangeConfirm.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$edit$/$RepeatChangeConfirm$.$js$
    |index ef01f23..e2ed7d8 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/RepeatChangeConfirm.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/RepeatChangeConfirm.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/RepeatView.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$edit$/$RepeatView$.$js$
    |index fc46829..4f6ac87 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/RepeatView.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/RepeatView.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    15 out of 15 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/depends.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$edit$/$depends$.$js$
    |index ff99de0..0c44c28 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/depends.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/depends.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthCarousel.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$month$/$MonthCarousel$.$js$
    |index 03bb018..7c9997e 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthCarousel.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthCarousel.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthDay.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$month$/$MonthDay$.$js$
    |index 68a3b95..fd2b13f 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthDay.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthDay.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthView.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$month$/$MonthView$.$js$
    |index d9f5558..78095cd 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthView.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthView.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/prefs/PreferencesView.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$prefs$/$PreferencesView$.$js$
    |index d06f5ca..509090e 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/prefs/PreferencesView.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/prefs/PreferencesView.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/MissedRemindersView.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$reminders$/$MissedRemindersView$.$js$
    |index d42166c..883b6c1 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/MissedRemindersView.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/MissedRemindersView.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/ReminderDialog.css b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/ReminderDialog.css
    |index 344e5bf..bedb776 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/ReminderDialog.css
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/ReminderDialog.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/ReminderDialog.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$reminders$/$ReminderDialog$.$js$
    |index 3cc078a..417d24b 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/ReminderDialog.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/ReminderDialog.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/CacheManager.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$shared$/$CacheManager$.$js$
    |index 4f812b7..5f1cad9 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/CacheManager.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/CacheManager.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/CalendarsManager.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$shared$/$CalendarsManager$.$js$
    |index e3f546a..35fa410 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/CalendarsManager.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/CalendarsManager.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/EventView.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$shared$/$EventView$.$js$
    |index ee68003..30d1cac 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/EventView.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/EventView.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/JumpToView.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$shared$/$JumpToView$.$js$
    |index 10d7efa..3e27509 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/JumpToView.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/JumpToView.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/PrefsManager.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$shared$/$PrefsManager$.$js$
    |index 7d54e34..88b1eb9 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/PrefsManager.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/PrefsManager.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/ReminderManager.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$shared$/$ReminderManager$.$js$
    |index 866fea0..d218146 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/ReminderManager.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/ReminderManager.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    14 out of 14 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/Utilities.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$shared$/$Utilities$.$js$
    |index 1ad9e47..a3c9c77 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/Utilities.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/Utilities.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekCarousel.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$week$/$WeekCarousel$.$js$
    |index 587a537..8d0bafb 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekCarousel.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekCarousel.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekHeader.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$week$/$WeekHeader$.$js$
    |index 6bc90c4..3894f82 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekHeader.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekHeader.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.css b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.css
    |index c8349e4..1781f8a 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.css
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$week$/$WeekView$.$js$
    |index 80ed7f4..62940fa 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    hi,
    will there eventually be, for the touchpad, the ability to do the three levels of compression of the day and week views as there is on the pre?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Touchpad and 3.0.5 discussions should be posted here:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-touchpad.html
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
    I can't update UberCalendar on my touchpad or remove it.

Here is the IPKG log. Can you give me any advice? Thanks!

|diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppLaunch.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$AppLaunch$.$js$
    |index 510366d..c98cd2f 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppLaunch.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppLaunch.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    This is trying to use the older 3.0.4 version. Are you on 3.0.4 or do you have the 3.0.4 feed enabled?

If you are on 3.0.5., go into preware and update your saved package list. Then run EPR. After the restart, make sure you update Preware feeds. Remove the 3.0.4 feed from your feeds, if you have it enabled. Then you should be able to go into your saved package list and do an update.

Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    hi,
    will there eventually be, for the touchpad, the ability to do the three levels of compression of the day and week views as there is on the pre?
    Hi. I have to figure out how to do it. Hopefully it will work, but no guarantees.

This is trying to use the older 3.0.4 version. Are you on 3.0.4 or do you have the 3.0.4 feed enabled?

If you are on 3.0.5., go into preware and update your saved package list. Then run EPR. After the restart, make sure you update Preware feeds. Remove the 3.0.4 feed from your feeds, if you have it enabled. Then you should be able to go into your saved package list and do an update.
    Thanks. I do have 3.0.5 installed, so I will try it.
    I had to do an install, but it worked! Thanks again!
    I had problems getting ubercalendar to install after an update to 3.0.5, here is what may be the problem and what ultimately worked to fix the problem. This worked for me, but YMMV, and always always ALWAYS backup any modified files you will be replacing.

[Probably not caused by AgendaZ] I removed all patches, but not AgendaZ, using EPR prior to updating to 3.0.5 from 3.0.4.

When ubercalendar failed to install, I first ran AUSMT Recovery - Full and removed AgendaZ. This did not fix the issue or change the ipkg log.

What did work is that after running the above, I replaced /usr/palm/framework/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs $and$ /$usr$/$palm$/$service$/$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$reminders$/$on$-$snooze$-$handler$.$js$ $with$ $originals$ $found$ $in$ $the$ $webOS$ $3$.$0$.$5$ $Doctor$ $jar$ $file$.

Note: Ubercalendar patch failed indicating in the ipkg log that the above replaced files were the problem.

Edit: I never had 3.0.4 feeds installed in preware while running 3.0.5, given the changes in 3.0.5 this didn't seem like a good idea.

Edit2: I first tried replacing concatenated.js with concatenated.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$. $This$ $change$ $did$ $not$ $work$, $only$ $using$ $the$ $version$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$.

Edit3: Reinstalled AgendaZ without problem, so that probably wasn't the problem. Both the original ubercalendar and agendaZ were written by MetaView.
    Last edited by Willard; 01/28/2012 at 07:14 PM.
    I love Ubercalendar and have used it for months flawlessly. Lately (since yesterday or so) it hangs when loading my calendars. It takes a minute or two to respond to a swipe, or day/week/month change, or even pulling down a menu. It refuses to scroll up or down the day view. It hangs when displaying the full week. I am not aware that I changed anything.

I have a few Google calendars and also sync with an Exchange calendar (3 calendars).

When I uninstall Ubercalendar, and go back to the standard calendar, I get a working calendar again and no hangs, but of course none of the lovely functionality of Ubercalendar.

How can I help tracing this problem?

Max
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Same problem here on a Verizon Pre 2, v2.1.0. I had to uninstall it and calendar back to normal fast loads. Google calendar (7 calendars setup via exchange method) and another exchange calendar.
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    My google calendars are normal via google. I removed the Exchange calendar (turned Calendar off in the Exchange account settings) and Ubercalendar goes back to normal speed. I turn the Exchange calendar back on and Ubercalendar hangs.

Also I noticed it does not hang on any days from 1-Feb onwards, but if I display 30-Jan or 31-Jan it hangs. The standard calendar does not show any of these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    My google calendars are normal via google. I removed the Exchange calendar (turned Calendar off in the Exchange account settings) and Ubercalendar goes back to normal speed. I turn the Exchange calendar back on and Ubercalendar hangs.

Also I noticed it does not hang on any days from 1-Feb onwards, but if I display 30-Jan or 31-Jan it hangs. The standard calendar does not show any of these issues.
    Odd, do you have a lot of events on those days from the exchange calendars?

Anything special about any of the events? Something different in the notes field? Try turning the enhanced views off, see it continues to be slow.

You can also try seeing if anything shows up in the logs, by using lumberjack and putting "calendar" in the custom field.

Odd, do you have a lot of events on those days from the exchange calendars?

Anything special about any of the events? Something different in the notes field? Try turning the enhanced views off, see it continues to be slow.
    Okay, I did some more investigation. I turned of all the enhanced views. Now weekly and monthly views are fine and do not experience slowdowns. The day view, however, is still impaired and gets stuck. It takes maybe 10 or 15 seconds to load and display the day view, and then I cannot swipe up or down anymore.

It only happens when the Exchange calendar is visible, and only in the dates around 30 Jan. If I switch to a view not showing the Exchange calendar, the slowdown/hang is not happening.

There are 6 dates in the Exchange calendar on 30 Jan. It must be something on that day, or a day around it, because 29 Jan and 31 Jan also slow down in the day view, but only for maybe 10 or 15 seconds (do you pre-cache the neighbouring days?) then they go back to normal and I can scroll up and down and continue to use UC. I do not see anything particularily different for those dates than on other days.. just individual meetings, or recurring ones. Quite similar to other weeks.

If I go to 30 Jan directly then it hangs. I cannot swipe up or down. What I can still do is hit the week or month view buttons and go to another view, and eventually continue from there.

When I turn on the enhanced week view, then the slowdown also happens when that week is shown. After some delay it will only show the dates from 30 Jan and the rest of the week will stay empty.

I tried Lumberjack, but the log is not showing anything.

Next I also played with the individual settings of the enhanced views. I do not get slowdowns in the week view if I turn of icons in week view.

However in day view I always get hangs, even if I turn off icons.

Ok, that is the best I can do for now to describe the behaviour I am seeing.
    Okay, I did some more investigation. I turned of all the enhanced views. Now weekly and monthly views are fine and do not experience slowdowns. The day view, however, is still impaired and gets stuck. It takes maybe 10 or 15 seconds to load and display the day view, and then I cannot swipe up or down anymore.

It only happens when the Exchange calendar is visible, and only in the dates around 30 Jan. If I switch to a view not showing the Exchange calendar, the slowdown/hang is not happening.

There are 6 dates in the Exchange calendar on 30 Jan. It must be something on that day, or a day around it, because 29 Jan and 31 Jan also slow down in the day view, but only for maybe 10 or 15 seconds (do you pre-cache the neighbouring days?) then they go back to normal and I can scroll up and down and continue to use UC. I do not see anything particularily different for those dates than on other days.. just individual meetings, or recurring ones. Quite similar to other weeks.

If I go to 30 Jan directly then it hangs. I cannot swipe up or down. What I can still do is hit the week or month view buttons and go to another view, and eventually continue from there.

When I turn on the enhanced week view, then the slowdown also happens when that week is shown. After some delay it will only show the dates from 30 Jan and the rest of the week will stay empty.

I tried Lumberjack, but the log is not showing anything.

Next I also played with the individual settings of the enhanced views. I do not get slowdowns in the week view if I turn of icons in week view.

However in day view I always get hangs, even if I turn off icons.

Ok, that is the best I can do for now to describe the behaviour I am seeing.
    Actually, I think I found the culprit. I have a meeting in the Exchange calender at the end of 30 Jan which has a rather long and HTML formatted notes field, even containing two tables and lots of http links.

After that meeting I have another short regular meeting in a Google calendar. When I go to the week view (with icons turned off) I can see both meetings displayed including their text.

When I go to the day view, I get the slowdown, and then when it finally displays something I can see the first (Exchange) meeting, but the Google meeting is only ghosted (striped background) but no coloured box and no text displayed.

So I figured it must get stuck while painting / parsing / displaying the Exchange meeting, so it never gets to the Google meeting. Then I saw the unusual notes field.

You parse the notes field for icons, don't you? I guess that parser gets stuck when processing the notes.

What else can I do to help you discover where this problem is located?
    Actually, I think I found the culprit. I have a meeting in the Exchange calender at the end of 30 Jan which has a rather long and HTML formatted notes field, even containing two tables and lots of http links.

After that meeting I have another short regular meeting in a Google calendar. When I go to the week view (with icons turned off) I can see both meetings displayed including their text.

When I go to the day view, I get the slowdown, and then when it finally displays something I can see the first (Exchange) meeting, but the Google meeting is only ghosted (striped background) but no coloured box and no text displayed.

So I figured it must get stuck while painting / parsing / displaying the Exchange meeting, so it never gets to the Google meeting. Then I saw the unusual notes field.

You parse the notes field for icons, don't you? I guess that parser gets stuck when processing the notes.

What else can I do to help you discover where this problem is located?
    I think you just nailed it. I couldn't ask for anything else in testing this out.

It is the html in the notes field that is causing the trouble. And day will always have this problem as it parses the notes field trying to hide the "ICON=.....png" from displaying. I'm doing just a straight regex parse, so I'll have to do some more research on how to stop this problem. Is the contents of the notes field just a website? I'll try to make up a complicated html note field and see if I can cause the hang.