Page 172 of 207 FirstFirst ... 72122162167168169170171172173174175176177182 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulilola View Post
    Pre 2 with 2.2.4. installation via Preware worked.
    So far no problems.

Thanks a lot!
    I can confirm. Just be sure to remove UC prior to updating to 2.2.4.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    No something is wrong. The current month is always supposed to be white.
    Hello frantic,
    For some reason nearly every morning my Pre2 resets itself around 5am. After relaunching UC I noted that the current month calender is now white. So before you started pulling your hair out trying to see if there was something wrong with the latest update, I thought I'd let you know.
    I'll see if the issue returns.
    Tim
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Hello frantic,
    For some reason nearly every morning my Pre2 resets itself around 5am. After relaunching UC I noted that the current month calender is now white. So before you started pulling your hair out trying to see if there was something wrong with the latest update, I thought I'd let you know.
    Tim
    Thanks, I tried to get the error to repeat for me couldn't make it happen.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Hello frantic,
    Tim
    About the resetting - do you have one of the utilities like Jason's Preset installed that reset the device automatically on a schedule? It might be a holdover from a previous install / device that got installed automatically in preware if you used the Saved Packages feature to reinstall all your Homebrew.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    About the resetting - do you have one of the utilities like Jason's Preset installed that reset the device automatically on a schedule? It might be a holdover from a previous install / device that got installed automatically in preware if you used the Saved Packages feature to reinstall all your Homebrew.
    Actually hadn't heard of Preset Reset before. So I am unsure why it resets. Seems to happen for days at a time and then skip a few and then start up again. No idea why. Is there a way to track what might be launching or causing a reset?

OBTW. Meant frantid not frantic
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    With the 2.2.4 update I have agendaz installed. When I click on the first button that used to pull up agenda I am getting the agenda view app pull up not agendaz. I looked at the code and see where agenda is still referenced in some locations. I am running the version from preware if that helps.
    Check your preferences, there's a new preference for it.
    Actually hadn't heard of Preset Reset before. So I am unsure why it resets. Seems to happen for days at a time and then skip a few and then start up again. No idea why. Is there a way to track what might be launching or causing a reset?

OBTW. Meant frantid not frantic
    _Maybe_ jstop might give you an idea if the app is always running in the background? If it's a scheduled task, though, I'm not sure that would help. I think the best way, short of opening every app & checking their preferences, would be to install Lumberjack (from preware) and check the logs.

Lumberjack is a great tool that reads app & system logs. If you've installed the muffle log patches or similar, you'd want to remove them first so you'll have the whole log to read. After a restart, just pull the log & look for the time of the reset & see what ran. The logs can bee _very_ verbose so you'll have to check carefully.
  9.    #3429  
    Spontaneous resets during night time might also come from the profile backup task.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Maybe it has been posted before but.... Well, I updated to 2.2.4 and UC doesn't work. Now I read that you have to uninstall UC before you can update. But I can't find UC in Preware under installed patches. And its quite difficult to uninstall something that doesn't seem to be there.

Anyone?
    You have to run EPR.
    Check your preferences, there's a new preference for it.
    That was it. Thanks!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Looks like the OTA's are coming out for Pre2's and Pre3's.

Please remove UberCalendar and sync patches before you update!!!!!!

I always run EPR, but that is just my preference. UC and the sync patches touch the app and the frameworks, that is why you must remove them.

If you didn't remove them and already updated, you may need to run EPR prior to being able to reinstall.

Preware has the latest versions for 224 so you just have to update your feeds.

cheers.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  14.    #3434  
    And I just doctored my phone Well, at least UC-patch runs fine on my doctored 2.2.4 Pre2.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I took the OTA update to 2.2.4, and even with running EPR before couldn't install UberCalendar. Tried running EPR after, got the same errors. Suggestions very welcome, I live on the Unix command line. Here's the ipk log:

*edit* Is it safe to just go in and remove all the pre-existing files listed below?

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalgroupitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/prefs-options/ubercalitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-timezone.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-timezone.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-tz-listcontainer.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/uber-tz-listcontainer.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-emptylist.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-emptylist.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-item.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-item.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-list-container.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubercat-list-container.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateemptylist.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplateitem.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertemplatelistcontainer.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertz-item.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/views/shared/ubertz-item.html.rej
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/javascripts/datejs/week.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    You can delete anything with "uberxxxx.html" in the name. And the file week.jsjsjs

for this file:
    usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs

you have to look for the original file in the directory on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ $and$ $rename$ $it$ $as$ $above$.

If it is not there get the original from the doctor.

Should be good after that.

frantid: Got it, thanks!

*edit* That did it!
    Last edited by lagoldste; 12/21/2011 at 04:23 PM.
    How do you use Just Type calender event parsing with UberCalendar? I have a Pre2 with 2.2.4 and I don't see that in any of the features listed, but its available for Veer, Touchpad, and Pre3. Am I missing something?

Edit:
    Nvm. Found this post.UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

Is there a possibility to have less strict parsing? Putting semicolons takes forever and sometimes events don't have locations so the current syntax doesn't allow inputting through Just Type with no location.

Just asking for some more versatile syntax parsing for Just Type calender event creation.
    Last edited by Abyssul; 12/21/2011 at 11:47 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    You should be able to put in events like:

subject; date

that works for me. The semi-colons work the best as all the other symbols are often used in the date or time portions. Different countries use different separators, none use the semicolon that I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You should be able to put in events like:

subject; date

that works for me. The semi-colons work the best as all the other symbols are often used in the date or time portions. Different countries use different separators, none use the semicolon that I know.
    Oh, cool it does. What about specifying a time interval? I know you can specify the beginning time of an event, but no end time. Like "Work; 12/26 4pm 6pm;"

Other than that, it does work beautifully. Makes me want to use the calendar app more often because I find entering events troublesome.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.