Page 17 of 207 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes
  1.    #321  
    Might be an option for the next update.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Meta -- I only recently stumbled across this amazing patch: many thanks for putting it together! Although it slows the calendar down a bit, it's well worth it for the features you added!

A question -- until today, I also had the 'Notification Repeat (Calendar)' patch installed. I removed it because I had a calendar item notifying all night (drained my battery to 9%). Do you have plans to add calendar notification options (ie: notification repeat only during the 'day Start/end' period) into future UberCalendar patches?

Thanks again,
  3.    #323  
    cmahy: Have to look into this. And will probably add some notification enhancements too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I like the day number in the middle.

I was more thinking making the icon go to the same spot as the grey box would if you didn't have any icons. So a 9am icon would go to the top and cover (it's own Grey spot)

or lets say I make one at 10pm, It would cover the one on the bottom.

1 4 6
    2 . 7
    3 5 8

1 being from morning till noon
    2 being noon till 4
    3 being 5 till midnight
    4 being morning till noon only if 1 is already taken
    5 DAY NUMBER
    6 being morning till noon only if number 1 and 4 already taken
    7 being noon till 5 only if already another event in number 2
    8 being only if 3 and 5 are taken

I think this is how PalmOS had theirs not to sure about webOS, I think so far they only do it for 3 times slots,

I also noticed that the top icons are a little higher then the grey squares, Maybe a few pixs high? Anyway to bring that alignment down?
    Thinks that a great idea.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    So i've had the coloured calender for a few hours. I have noticed with the icons its about a 6 second delay on each time you switch the month. With Palms useless calender Its worth the wait.

Meta, anyway to cancel the event from making a grey square all together that way the order of the icons don't matter and might speed up the calender by only processing one icon not 2?

Thanks
  6.    #326  
    not loading/drawing the icons is the slow down, getting the event infos slows it down
    I would be happy with just viewing icons in the Weekly view if that would speed things up.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    How long till the update is in Preware?
    I was able to extract some of my old Datebk6 icons using a tool called PRC Explorer. The application let me save the icons as BMP. I converted them to PNG and did a little clean up to make them all 20x18 pixels. Attached are my 1st eight which match the initial names setup by MetaView. Is there a limit on the names and number of icons that can be used? I had 30+ icons used with Datebk6.

I have also attached a screen capture of my month view which leads me to my question. I only have one Calendar thru Exchange. I dont understand why some days are tagged with the Exchange blue color while others are white. The blue coloring covers up the Icons in the month view. Is there a way to get rid of the calendar color tagging so all the icons show up?

Btw - had to do a LUNA restart to get the new Icons to be updated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by swieder; 06/18/2010 at 11:00 PM.
    Hey, I think personally your icons are too big cause they overlap one another. Maybe 18x18?

do you have the patch for contacts bdays. This will put everybody in your contacts with fullday events. I uninstalled it until future updates. Or if you really need the bdays. You can do a one by one change of all of them into a set time everyday (this will take a long time). Lol.

for transparent fullday colour I'm clueless but if it can be done meta is the man
    hello meta,

my friend on att tried downloading this on his pre plus but it had an ipkg error fail...

help?
    Hey, I think personally your icons are too big cause they overlap one another. Maybe 18x18?

do you have the patch for contacts bdays. This will put everybody in your contacts with fullday events. I uninstalled it until future updates. Or if you really need the bdays. You can do a one by one change of all of them into a set time everyday (this will take a long time). Lol.

for transparent fullday colour I'm clueless but if it can be done meta is the man
    I shrunk the two overlapping icons from 20 pixels wide to 18, but they still show as touching in the month view. Not what I expected.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by swieder; 06/19/2010 at 07:01 AM.
    use colours. little bit easier to see.
    although doesn't work in the week/day view. But I use monthly the most.

shrink them to 16x16 that's the only sulotion I can think of.

JohnJ. Make sure you uninstall every patch that does anything to the calender and suggest not installing them back. also download the agenda app in preware
  14.    #334  
    With month view you aren't tight to the names I set by default for the icons. You can call them as you like and use these names in the ICON=; notation. Only for icons in day and week view you can only use the names I wrote.

Each view has is own rendering and you can speed up week or month view by disabling the enhancements in the appropriate menü.

All-day events in month view don't show icons, it doesn't work yet.
    JohnJ. Make sure you uninstall every patch that does anything to the calender and suggest not installing them back. also download the agenda app in preware
    his pre is patchless...
    MetaView -

Any thought of supporting GIF format so that we can use transparent backgrounds for the Icons?

EDIT: It looks like PNG files can use transparent background. Guess I need to dust off my limited Photoshop skills.
  17.    #337  
    add another channel: Alpha and fill it in the way you like.
    Meta bought uberradio yesterday, thanks for the calendar.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  19.    #339  
    thx a lot.
    I had a request for the agenda icon I used in post #230, so I'm going to upload it here for anyone who wants to use it.
    Attached Images Attached Images