Page 169 of 207 FirstFirst ... 69119159164165166167168169170171172173174179 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    That's a large undertaking. I'll put it on my list of things to test out. I probably won't get to it until after I'm done with porting to the touchpad though, but I will look into it.
    4 month later: How does your work is going on? Is there a chance to get a rotating week view / landscape mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    4 month later: How does your work is going on? Is there a chance to get a rotating week view / landscape mode?
    Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of free time to work on the patches lately -- busy time of year. I've mainly been doing bug fixes or quick changes. I still have a new veer unopened in a box that I haven't had time to activate.

It's still on my list though.
    Quote Originally Posted by uwer View Post
    @frantid
    Thanks for maintainig and improving UC, it is a great improvement over the default calendar.

I seem to have run into a problem:
    It seems that the current UC kills the Quick Action "New calendar event" (Neues Kalenderereignis), not sure about the English spelling, since I am on a German Pre 3.

Could you please look into this?
    Any more info I could provide?

Thanks again for reporting this. It was a pretty easy one to fix, but I had to update all the patches that have just type capability.

Updated patches -- Fixed just type new calendar events without time parsing correctly,

2.1.x All types, 2.0.1 Pre2

2.2 Pre3 version

Touchpad 3.0.4
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Frantid, will these updates be available through Preware?
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Yes, it takes sometimes a few days. For example, I submitted one for the TP last week, it hasn't popped up yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I forgot, the Veer ones can't go in Preware. Preware can't see the difference between the Veers and other 2.1 devices.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Can you just add an alpha channel / layer that's empty and remove the "background" pixels from the image? I've got no idea if this would actually work with the icons, that's just what I do with any image I want to have a transparent background.
    After playing around with photoshop I think I got it. You are right I had to erase the background in the topmost layer.

edit: You have to restart Luna after replacing the icon. WebOS caches all the icons for speed reasons.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not that I even suspect it's a supportable issue, but I have just upgraded my Veer to 2.2.3, and ran the standard sync patch (the one with the north American warning) I assumed this was a software (At&t) branded warning, and assumed 2.2.3 was a world release. This seems to work fine.
    Uber cal works OK, but when you scroll in the grey month view screen, you cannot tap on a date to open it. Not sure if this is because of the touchscreen firmware update with 2.2.3 or what it is, but it did work in the previous software / firmware
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I bet they changed some of the files. How do I get the files?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Not that I even suspect it's a supportable issue, but I have just upgraded my Veer to 2.2.3, and ran the standard sync patch (the one with the north American warning) I assumed this was a software (At&t) branded warning, and assumed 2.2.3 was a world release. This seems to work fine.
    Uber cal works OK, but when you scroll in the grey month view screen, you cannot tap on a date to open it. Not sure if this is because of the touchscreen firmware update with 2.2.3 or what it is, but it did work in the previous software / firmware
    It looks like, true to it's numbering, the calendar is closer to the Pre3's app than the veer's older 2.1.2.

I would try the Pre3 versions. As they match more than the older veer versions of both the sync and UC patches. There will probably be sizing issues, in some of the scene's. But functionality should be okay.

I'd have to update one of my veers to really see where it is off though. I'm not in a hurry to do that at the moment. If you post some screenshots where it is off, I might be able to tweak parts of the patch.

It looks like, true to it's numbering, the calendar is closer to the Pre3's app than the veer's older 2.1.2.

I would try the Pre3 versions. As they match more than the older veer versions of both the sync and UC patches. There will probably be sizing issues, in some of the scene's. But functionality should be okay.................................
    I think that's what I tried? There are a number of patches (not just Calendar) that show up in the regular feed for it, I'm guessing they are Pre3 patches, I have uninstalled it, will try again
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I think that's what I tried? There are a number of patches (not just Calendar) that show up in the regular feed for it, I'm guessing they are Pre3 patches, I have uninstalled it, will try again
    I dont know if this applies to this particular situation but I'm throwing it out in case it does.

I think I read somewhere here that preware doesn't filter the results that it shows you by machine type but by webOS version. That's why you see some patches with a device name in the patch name or description even though they might be the same version or have the same webOS version required tag.

It just means you have too read carefully before applying a patch ...
    I ran OTA update 2.2.4 for my Pre 2 yesterday and as expected all patches needed to be removed which worked fine for all of them execept UC which failed with the following error message (just provided the first file reported but it was a bunch of lines for jsjsjs.$rej$ $files$)

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]

The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$calendar$/$submission$/$29$/$concatenated$.$js$
    |index e1ed3b4..bca47e6 100755
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/29/concatenated.jsjsjs

Please let me know how to proceed! UC is the most important and usefull patch that I have.

Thanks in advance!
    Looks like it didn't get uninstalled. Did you uninstall it prior to the update?

You may have to run EPR to remove it now.
    Looks like it didn't get uninstalled. Did you uninstall it prior to the update?

You may have to run EPR to remove it now.
    Thanks for your rapid response! It managed to remove UC correctly. To my horror I discovered that there are no patches available in Preware anymore so I can't install UC again. Crap. Does anyone know if you can add a feed for 2.1 and install the patches anyway? I really can't live with the standard calendar, advanced menus etc.
  16.    #3376  
    You could try one of the 2.1 patch files from frantid. From the version number I guess the Veer or Pre3 one might work. If not WebOSQuickInstall will tell you.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I noticed there is a feed for 2.2.3 and that UC is available there. Do you think that UC version will work on a Pre2 with 2.2.4? What is 2.2.3 for, Veer and/or Pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    You could try one of the 2.1 patch files from frantid. From the version number I guess the Veer or Pre3 one might work. If not WebOSQuickInstall will tell you.
    Ok thanks. I might try the 2.2.3, it is as close as you get. But I don't know how much the hardware affects the function of the patches vs webos version.
  19.    #3379  
    the patch more or less depends on the software. Patches are instruction how to alter certain lines in the original source code. If the original source code differs the patch will fail. The patch process makes a check before applying the patch and will notice you if it will fail. Means you shouldn't (tm) destroy anything even if trying the wrong patch file.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    the patch more or less depends on the software. Patches are instruction how to alter certain lines in the original source code. If the original source code differs the patch will fail. The patch process makes a check before applying the patch and will notice you if it will fail. Means you shouldn't (tm) destroy anything even if trying the wrong patch file.
    I applied 2.2.3 and thank god it seems to work just fine. Thanks guys for your quick responses.

Have anyone seen a list what changes there are from 2.1 to 2.2.4. In my world it should be provided either in the OTA update or an URL where you can read about the changes. Now I just hope that some features have been improved but I'm not sure what they could be.