Page 164 of 207 FirstFirst ... 64114154159160161162163164165166167168169174 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    OK, I don't grok the use of templates. Does anyone know of a good example posted on the forums of a scenario that takes advantage of this feature?

I'm asking because I can tell this feature has some real potential, but for the life of me I can't come up with my own scenario for how to make use of it.

Thanks!
    Calendar groups aren't working for me. The "Default Group" shows up, but all I can see are the slider selection for "Work Week" and the top of a second slider selection--I can't even read it. I don't see any way to fully configure the group. If I create a new group, it has the same problem.

Does this feature just not work in 1.4.5.1, is this a bug, or am I missing something?

TIA for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Just installed UC on my 1.4.5.1 Pre+.

I'm not seeing an alarm icon in my day and week views for my currently-set alarms. I tried setting a new alarm on another existing calendar item, but that didn't bring up the icon, either.

Suggestions?
    Hi, thanks for coming over to the thread. To get icons, you need to add the icons from the first post -- or your own, to the folder "/media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar"

This will allow for the alarm icon and the menu icon for agenda.

You need to make the directory. If you search this thread for ".scrims", you will find a number of different methods to create it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Hallo !
    I have a problem with my calendar on touchpad and on pre3 but I donīt know if itīs a problem of internal calendar or ubercalendar
    => every appointment wich is after 30.10.2011 is shown on touchpad and pre3 for 1 hour earlier.
    30.10 is date of changing from summer to wintertime

My configuration:
    - Outlook 2010 => appointment is right
    - Sync with Google Kalender by using gSyncit
    - Google Kalender => appointment is right
    - TouchPad (UberCalendar 3.0.4-16) => appointment is earlier for 1 hour
    - Pre3 (UberCalendar 2.2.0-29) => appointment is earlier for 1 hour

"time zone" is the same on all of my equipments => "Moscow"

Thanks in advance for your ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_moscow View Post
    Hallo !
    I have a problem with my calendar on touchpad and on pre3 but I donīt know if itīs a problem of internal calendar or ubercalendar
    => every appointment wich is after 30.10.2011 is shown on touchpad and pre3 for 1 hour earlier.
    30.10 is date of changing from summer to wintertime

My configuration:
    - Outlook 2010 => appointment is right
    - Sync with Google Kalender by using gSyncit
    - Google Kalender => appointment is right
    - TouchPad (UberCalendar 3.0.4-16) => appointment is earlier for 1 hour
    - Pre3 (UberCalendar 2.2.0-29) => appointment is earlier for 1 hour

"time zone" is the same on all of my equipments => "Moscow"

Thanks in advance for your ideas
    Thanks for the detailed steps. I just tried this on my TP. It worked correctly for me. But I did not originate the event in outlook. Can you try it with an event created on the TP or Pre3? I'm wondering if outlook is assigning the event to the daylight savings timezone and not the generic Moscow Time. That would leave the event one hour earlier in standard time.

When I change my timezone on the TP, it changes from daylight savings to standard time when I change the date past Nov. As displayed in the date and time app where you choose the timezone. Does yours do this as well?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    OK, I don't grok the use of templates. Does anyone know of a good example posted on the forums of a scenario that takes advantage of this feature?

I'm asking because I can tell this feature has some real potential, but for the life of me I can't come up with my own scenario for how to make use of it.

Thanks!
    The idea is that you have an event that recurs often, but not in a way you can use the repeating event settings. So you fill out as much detail as you can: location, note, icon, subject, etc. Then save it as a template. I've used it for dentist and doctor appointments. My whole family uses the same people, so using a template, I just have to add the name of my family member to the event and I'm done. Maybe a few others can give you more examples.

Calendar groups aren't working for me. The "Default Group" shows up, but all I can see are the slider selection for "Work Week" and the top of a second slider selection--I can't even read it. I don't see any way to fully configure the group. If I create a new group, it has the same problem.

Does this feature just not work in 1.4.5.1, is this a bug, or am I missing something?

TIA for your help.
    You need to scroll on the left side of the groups. Because of the way webOS scrolling works, the narrow space on the right scrolls the whole list. The left scrolls inside that one group.

Here are the 2 options. You can set the preference for "Duration Btn on Top", to get the look you want.

What do you guys think?? What about duration options, is there a need for more than the default duration selection list?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Thanks for the detailed steps. I just tried this on my TP. It worked correctly for me. But I did not originate the event in outlook. Can you try it with an event created on the TP or Pre3? I'm wondering if outlook is assigning the event to the daylight savings timezone and not the generic Moscow Time. That would leave the event one hour earlier in standard time.

When I change my timezone on the TP, it changes from daylight savings to standard time when I change the date past Nov. As displayed in the date and time app where you choose the timezone. Does yours do this as well?
    Hallo frantid !

I made following test:

- new appointment on touchpad
    => 19.11.2011 13:00 - 14:00 (period of wintertime)
    => Google => 16.05.2012 14:00 - 15:00
    => Outlook => 16.05.2012 14:00 - 15:00
    => problem

=> 16.05.2012 13:00 - 14:00 (period of summertime)
    => Google => 16.05.2012 13:00 - 14:00
    => Outlook => 16.05.2012 13:00 - 14:00
    => No problem

I also made an appointment direct on Google calendar:
    => same problem in wintertime
    - appointment on touchpad is earlier for 1 hour
    - appointment on outlook is ok

I think the proble is between google and webOS Calendar or uberCalendar .......
    Last edited by peter_moscow; 10/26/2011 at 05:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_moscow View Post
    Hallo frantid !

I made following test:

- new appointment on touchpad
    => 19.11.2011 13:00 - 14:00 (period of wintertime)
    => Google => 16.05.2012 14:00 - 15:00
    => Outlook => 16.05.2012 14:00 - 15:00
    => problem

=> 16.05.2012 13:00 - 14:00 (period of summertime)
    => Google => 16.05.2012 13:00 - 14:00
    => Outlook => 16.05.2012 13:00 - 14:00
    => No problem

I also made an appointment direct on Google calendar:
    => same problem in wintertime
    - appointment on touchpad is earlier for 1 hour
    - appointment on outlook is ok

I think the proble is between google and webOS Calendar or uberCalendar .......
    I see the problem now thanks. I think it is between google and webOS. I remember this problem appeared before with google and webOS. I don't know what they did to fix it before or if it gets fixed once the google servers change DST.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/26/2011 at 06:42 AM.

It seems it's not just webOS. I just did a search and it turns out android users are having the same problem as well. Hopefully the events will update once the google servers get out of DST.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Here are the 2 options. You can set the preference for "Duration Btn on Top", to get the look you want.

What do you guys think?? What about duration options, is there a need for more than the default duration selection list?

Thanks.
    That's great, thank you.

About the duration options: beside the different duration values, there is one thing that would be very useful for me: "Until end of day": this option would set the duration so that the event end time matches the "end of day" setting. For example, if "end of day" is set to 6 pm, then selecting this option would set the duration so that the event ends at 6 pm.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    That's a great idea. I have those type of meetings all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    That's great, thank you.

About the duration options: beside the different duration values, there is one thing that would be very useful for me: "Until end of day": this option would set the duration so that the event end time matches the "end of day" setting. For example, if "end of day" is set to 6 pm, then selecting this option would set the duration so that the event ends at 6 pm.
    The idea is that you have an event that recurs often, but not in a way you can use the repeating event settings. So you fill out as much detail as you can: location, note, icon, subject, etc. Then save it as a template. I've used it for dentist and doctor appointments. My whole family uses the same people, so using a template, I just have to add the name of my family member to the event and I'm done. Maybe a few others can give you more examples.
    Thanks for that cogent explanation and practical example. I'd completely misunderstood what was being made into a template--I thought it was a full day, not a single event. I probably shouldn't be trying out patches after midnight...
    You need to scroll on the left side of the groups. Because of the way webOS scrolling works, the narrow space on the right scrolls the whole list. The left scrolls inside that one group.
    Wow--I've had my Pre+ for well over a year and had never encountered that particular scrolling convention before. I've learned something new today.

Now that I've seen it in use, I get how it serves to save space. Why not just use drawers, though? They're very common (and, hence, intuitive to new users), and would save even more space. Is that a limitation of having to insert code into an existing app via a patch?
    Wow--I've had my Pre+ for well over a year and had never encountered that particular scrolling convention before. I've learned something new today.

Now that I've seen it in use, I get how it serves to save space. Why not just use drawers, though? They're very common (and, hence, intuitive to new users), and would save even more space. Is that a limitation of having to insert code into an existing app via a patch?
    The scrolling behavior only occurs when you have 2 scrollers in the same scene. If both were the same width, you could never get out of the group scroll area once you got into it.

I could use drawers. But with only drawers, the list will still be very long if you have a lot of calendars -- some people have more than 15 calendars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi,

here is my first attempt on the translations patch for the Pre3.

Please report if it is working for you, as I did'nt manage yet to make UC work on my own Pre3.

Update: 2011-10-08
    - added some missing strings
    - thanks to CptOx and Pulp for spanish and german translations
    Hi Kratus,

i just installed the multilingual localization on my pre3. Works fine so far. Great work. Thanks a lot!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unomog View Post
    Hi Kratus,

i just installed the multilingual localization on my pre3. Works fine so far. Great work. Thanks a lot!
    You're welcome!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    The scrolling behavior only occurs when you have 2 scrollers in the same scene. If both were the same width, you could never get out of the group scroll area once you got into it.

I could use drawers. But with only drawers, the list will still be very long if you have a lot of calendars -- some people have more than 15 calendars.
    I realize that using drawers wouldn't make any single group list any shorter (and I'm one of those people with lots of calendars), but neither does the double-scroll implementation--it just limits how much of the calendar list you can view. Drawers would allow the display of multiple groups within the space of a single screen (6? 8?)--right now, you can't see more than two groups at a time.

If drawers were enabled, I'd keep all of the group drawers closed, making it easier to navigate straight to the group that I wanted to edit. The current scheme requires a lot of scrolling for group selection if you have multiple groups, and doesn't really cut down on the scrolling required once you're editing a group, either--if anything, it requires more scrolling. Further, I'd rather be able to see a screen full of my calendar list while editing a group, rather than being able to see only 2 (plus half of the next one).

I guess that I just don't see any functional advantage to the double-scroll implementation, and there are certainly multiple disadvantages. Drawers, on the other hand, would greatly decrease the amount of scrolling needed to manage multiple groups, especially for those of us with a large number of calendars.
    Last edited by bethel95; 10/31/2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: add title
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Did you understand you can scroll using the right empty area of the screen?
    I have a lot of calendars too, and see no problem here.
    But it is certainly a matter of personal taste.

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities

I realize that using drawers wouldn't make any single group list any shorter (and I'm one of those people with lots of calendars), but neither does the double-scroll implementation--it just limits how much of the calendar list you can view. Drawers would allow the display of multiple groups within the space of a single screen (6? 8?)--right now, you can't see more than two groups at a time.

If drawers were enabled, I'd keep all of the group drawers closed, making it easier to navigate straight to the group that I wanted to edit. The current scheme requires a lot of scrolling for group selection if you have multiple groups, and doesn't really cut down on the scrolling required once you're editing a group, either--if anything, it requires more scrolling. Further, I'd rather be able to see a screen full of my calendar list while editing a group, rather than being able to see only 2 (plus half of the next one).

I guess that I just don't see any functional advantage to the double-scroll implementation, and there are certainly multiple disadvantages. Drawers, on the other hand, would greatly decrease the amount of scrolling needed to manage multiple groups, especially for those of us with a large number of calendars.
    I get what you are saying. Personally, I'm not sure how useful drawers would be, though they maybe more standard:

You could only see the drawer title (which is the open/close button) when closed not any of the toggles (Of course, this is a good and bad).

You could never see 2 open groups at once without scrolling. The first 2 rows would be button, input for name; then calendar toggles. So if you were at the bottom toggle of one group, you may see the top 1-2 toggles (unless you are on a Pre3).

You could never see the toggle for the same calendar in 2 different groups without scrolling, unless you had 3 calendars total.

If you are editing at the bottom of group #3 and want to edit group #1 above. You have to scroll the entire list of calendar toggles in group #3 to get to top of #3, (group #2 is closed, or more scrolling) so you could push the button to open group #1. For me that would be more scrolling.

If it were easy to do, I'd make a version up to test out. Unfortunately, I haven't worked out how to set up a variable number of drawers (so you can add or subtract groups as needed). I know there are some apps that do it. I just never have. For me the scrollers were easier, no setup required as you create and delete them.
    Cheers.