Page 163 of 207 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167168173 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 4135
Like Tree55Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Option 2 sounds good.

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Yes, it makes sense for it to go in the date/time scene . Some suggestions on the UI (feel free to modify or ignore) :

1- Add another row after End (but before the statement "The event is 1 hour long") called "appointment length" that gives a hour and minute selector . This should then change the End time appropriately (this update to the End time can happen after selection or even after back swipe to save changes) ; I think the start time should not change based on this selection .
    2- Make the length in the statement (after the End row) "The event is 1 hour long" as a hour minute selector . So the user will click on the default reading of 1 hour and 00 minutes and then change it to whatever he/she wants . Again , after the selection the End time has to change to reflect the selection ; the start time should not change based on this selection .
    3 - (If I can think of something else ...)
    3. right under "all day event" which is removed if clicked "all day event", like the other time selectors:
    Reason for having it so in front is that you often select the start time by hitting it in dayview, so the start time is already set and you only need to enter quickly the event duration.

so i vote 3. but would also be happy to have one of the other options
    I've tried to download UC to my touchpad via precentral but I keep getting an error message. Any thoughts on what's wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by iabw12 View Post
    I've tried to download UC to my touchpad via precentral but I keep getting an error message. Any thoughts on what's wrong?

I think downloading via the TP doesn't always work right. You might try using the email link.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    What do you guys think about a duration button here?

How many duration options should be listed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    tonyw and gizmo21 like this.
  6.    #3246  
    A link on the duration line beneath would look better, design-wise? Don't know if possible, but maybe the text in inside a div or span with an id and you could hook a tap-handler on it?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    You mean the text for the duration?

I don't really like the way the button came out. I tried to do one like the calendar selector in the week view, but it didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    What do you guys think about a duration button here?

How many duration options should be listed?
    Would it be possible to put the duration button between the start & end times? That seems like the logical place for it. Is it possible to link it to the start & end times so changing one would update the other two? For example, it I enter start & end times, duration gets updated, if I enter start & duration, end gets updated, if I enter end & duration, start gets updated. The latter might seem silly, but I actually do some things this way. If I know I need to have something completed at a certain time & it will take x time, when do I need to start to allow the budgeted time?

Edit: that would enable you to remove the duration display under end time - it would be redundant if the duration button displays the duration.
  9.    #3249  
    You mean the text for the duration?
    Yes.
    I don't really like the way the button came out. I tried to do one like the calendar selector in the week view, but it didn't work.
    Yeap, the button doesn't really fit into the title.
    It's possible, I'd have to do something like the buttons for the start and end date picker. That would mean 2 buttons. I'll try to work up some screen shots of the various suggestions from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Would it be possible to put the duration button between the start & end times? That seems like the logical place for it. Is it possible to link it to the start & end times so changing one would update the other two? For example, it I enter start & end times, duration gets updated, if I enter start & duration, end gets updated, if I enter end & duration, start gets updated. The latter might seem silly, but I actually do some things this way. If I know I need to have something completed at a certain time & it will take x time, when do I need to start to allow the budgeted time?

Edit: that would enable you to remove the duration display under end time - it would be redundant if the duration button displays the duration.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    What about something like that?

It fits in the screen height of a pre, if we use something else than two clock icons for the timezone thing.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    I have some trouble about ths patch. Could anyone help me? Thanks a lot.

I installed this patch on my at&t pre3 which rom is 2.2.0 without any error.
    But several days ago, the rom was updated to rom 2.2.3 without any confirmation. Preware always let me update this patch from 2.2.0 to 2.2.3, but updation can't be done, and I can't uninstall the patch either.

Can anyone tell me a method to solve this problem? Either install new one, or uninstall old.
    Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecity View Post
    I have some trouble about ths patch. Could anyone help me? Thanks a lot.

I installed this patch on my at&t pre3 which rom is 2.2.0 without any error.
    But several days ago, the rom was updated to rom 2.2.3 without any confirmation. Preware always let me update this patch from 2.2.0 to 2.2.3, but updation can't be done, and I can't uninstall the patch either.

Can anyone tell me a method to solve this problem? Either install new one, or uninstall old.
    Thanks again.
    Welcome to the forums.

You can follow this procedure:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3139509-post3057.html

Just do it step by step and you will be okay.

Welcome to the forums.

You can follow this procedure:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3139509-post3057.html

Just do it step by step and you will be okay.
    Thank you very very much. It's really a good solution. The patch works very well now. It's the best one in my pre3. Thanks for your kind help.
    Some more options for duration selector:

@Kratus, I couldn't do the button in the text. When the events span more than a day the button gets too large and grammar wise it becomes harder to fit.

@govotsos - the button in between has problems because of the datetime picker drawer. I didn't try putting it above the calendar picker inside the drawer, because then you have to scroll to see either the end or start date.

Notes: I can do changing start time, by using orange/square key and tap. So we wouldn't need 2 buttons. The '@' symbol is small enough to go everywhere. I don't know if there is a better symbol.

I can't make the underline of the duration text darker. If someone knows how let me know. edit: a third with a border makes it stand out.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/25/2011 at 07:32 AM.

16.    #3256  
    For me, the underlined duration string looks best.
    for my needs a button more on the top would be nicer, but i will take everything as long as duration selector is in.
    How about I make a preference? Default option being on bottom (since it is the least obtrusive), just underlined like a link. And the other, being the '@' symbol on the title line far right.

Use orange/square button to modify it so you can use the end as the determining factor to use with the duration choice.

Just installed UC on my 1.4.5.1 Pre+.

I'm not seeing an alarm icon in my day and week views for my currently-set alarms. I tried setting a new alarm on another existing calendar item, but that didn't bring up the icon, either.

Suggestions?
    Command menu button for Agenda homebrew app - tapping brings up the Agenda app, if you have it installed.
    Just a minor tweak suggestion: Why not put an Agenda icon on the Agenda command button? Granted, it wouldn't work any better, but it would look a bit nicer.